Bill Cowher is the only logical choice | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Cowher is the only logical choice

Status
Not open for further replies.
ill answer that. because he has done lost the TEAM for what ever reason the players said there behind sparano BUT i just dont see it and when he comes on in his interview and tells the media that he hasnt got a answer for how there playing then theres something bad wrong with the coaching ,you never say something like that even if you dont have a clue.

he DONE lost the team huh? lol

I'm sorry I can't take any response where someone type's anyone "done did" anything seriously...sorry

I guarantee you this...if we hire Cowher or anyone of his ilk we will lose for at least 5 more years.

We were 1-15, and without much talent when this regime came in; Sparano's 25-26 with a playoff appearance and a division title under his belt. We are a better team, and will continue to get better. If we fire Sparano the Dolphins are in trouble

And Fisher was just part of a toxic situation with Vince Young.

Wasn't Vince the pick of the owner and Fisher didn't want him?
For what it's worth, I've wanted Fisher since he was fired. I think he'd do good things down here, and I'm all for him starting ASAP. So he can get a jump on what players to keep or fire.

Is the coach out there dropping touchdown passes, missing balls that should easily be broken up? Fumbling the football?

We have gone into every game with a gameplan that we could've won with (save for the defensive gameplan during the Pats game) We've lost our games because the PLAYers aren't making PLAYs. We're not woefully unprepared, we just aren't executing.

We looked pretty unprepared for bradys no huddle offense a few weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am a bit nervous about a coach who has already accomplished winning the Super Bowl. A coach has never won a SB with two different teams before.

He's already has the ultimate success, I just feel like they have no loyalty to a new team when they do that. Jimmy Johnson and Bill Parcells, neither worked out for us. Will Cowher? Maybe, but who knows.

Well thought out Nubs. Welcome to the dark side. I really wanted Harbaugh last off season. I'd be less excited over Cowher as I want a guy willing to bring us in the passing age that makes most current Superbowl challengers successful. Not sure Cowher and his run first/defense philosophy will do that. Definitely wouldn't complain though as the other thing we need big time is an attitude change. Cowher will certainly bring that in spades.

I don't think Cowher would come to Miami though...

he wont. unless they give him 12mil per year or some ungodly amount. then its just more of the same. take the money and run. look at the raiders HC. where he come from? I think he is doing a good job so far and he looks very competent.

It would be nice to stay away from big names for huge amounts of money this time. we need someone willing to invest their time emotionally for this franchise.

Well thought out Nubs. Welcome to the dark side. I really wanted Harbaugh last off season. I'd be less excited over Cowher as I want a guy willing to bring us in the passing age that makes most current Superbowl challengers successful. Not sure Cowher and his run first/defense philosophy will do that. Definitely wouldn't complain though as the other thing we need big time is an attitude change. Cowher will certainly bring that in spades.

if cowher were the man, get ready to draft OL in first round! LOL

Wasn't Vince the pick of the owner and Fisher didn't want him?
For what it's worth, I've wanted Fisher since he was fired. I think he'd do good things down here, and I'm all for him starting ASAP. So he can get a jump on what players to keep or fire.

yes. Fisher wanted Jay Cutler but the owner was a Texas alum. As the years passed VY and Fisher couldn't get along and it basically became so bad that they had to chose one or the other. The owner chose that it was better to just start from scratch and got rid of both of them.

I guarantee you this...if we hire Cowher or anyone of his ilk we will lose for at least 5 more years.

We were 1-15, and without much talent when this regime came in; Sparano's 25-26 with a playoff appearance and a division title under his belt. We are a better team, and will continue to get better. If we fire Sparano the Dolphins are in trouble

Continue, eh?

You do know that we had a WORSE record last season than the previous season, correct?

And we are well on our way to losing more than nine games this season.

So I'm not sure I see the progress being made here.

Is this one of those "less is more" moments?

:idk:

Don't forget about the Rooney Rule. You have to interview at least one minority candidate, and the last
time I checked the big three are all White guys.

The minority candidates might pass up interviewing down here if they know that Ross
has a big name already in his sights.

Having said that, I'm sure we will interview minority candidates, and since Ross knows that his season ticket base
could be below 40,000 next year, he has no choice but to make a big splash with a coaching hire.

We are better than 1-15 so keep Tony? Ok I done got it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the coach out there dropping touchdown passes, missing balls that should easily be broken up? Fumbling the football?

We have gone into every game with a gameplan that we could've won with (save for the defensive gameplan during the Pats game) We've lost our games because the PLAYers aren't making PLAYs. We're not woefully unprepared, we just aren't executing.

He is the coach who didn't coach into the players the ability to catch a touchdown. He is the coach who failed to have his defense prepared enough to break up passes. He is the coach who chose to trade for, draft, and play players that fumble the football.

We have gone into games completely unprepared. That is a major reason why our playmakers(some of whom have had great careers before playing under Tony Sparano) are not making plays.

Many are injured, banged up, or getting cramps: and that goes back to not being pushed hard enough in practice.
Many lose track of their assignments: and that goes back to miscommunication between the players and coaching staff.
Many just go through the motions in practice and games: and that goes back to the coaching staff not connecting with their players.

Oh, and if its on the field talent and those players not making plays, guess what: thats Tony Sparano's fault also. The man has had over 4 years. This team was built in the image of his choosing. He has had more then enough time and resources to build a winner and he has failed.
He makes the same mistakes as he did during his first season. He has thrown players under the bus to save his job. He absolutely cannot see a weakness on our roster until other teams blow it up and point it out. And he can no longer get the players on his roster to play hard for him when it counts.

Put a fork in it, Tony Sparano is just a bad coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom