Bill Parcells and Julius Jones seen together | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Parcells and Julius Jones seen together

People need to forget about Jesse Chatman. There is no chance that he'll be back in Miami in 2008. He's an unrestricted free agent that is going to attract a good deal of interest on the market, as a cheaper alternative to Michael Turner. Chatman was very vocal in his support of Cam Cameron, and would be a natural fit to follow Cameron to Baltimore. Baltimore's #1 backup RB, Musa Smith, is also a free agent, so Baltimore has a slot for Chatman just waiting. And Chatman was also very vocal in criticizing the efforts of his teammates. There is no way he's going to want to come back to a 1-15 team that has Ronnie Brown, Ricky Williams, and Lorenzo Booker already under contract.

So whats so important about a old coach and a player he selected and coached having supper? Just because they ate together...doesn't mean they are joined at the hip.

People need to forget about Jesse Chatman. There is no chance that he'll be back in Miami in 2008. He's an unrestricted free agent that is going to attract a good deal of interest on the market, as a cheaper alternative to Michael Turner. Chatman was very vocal in his support of Cam Cameron, and would be a natural fit to follow Cameron to Baltimore. Baltimore's #1 backup RB, Musa Smith, is also a free agent, so Baltimore has a slot for Chatman just waiting. And Chatman was also very vocal in criticizing the efforts of his teammates. There is no way he's going to want to come back to a 1-15 team that has Ronnie Brown, Ricky Williams, and Lorenzo Booker already under contract.
I actually agree with you, it's obvious what we need is not a guy in the locker to start controversy and criticizing his team mates, no matter how 08 is going to be. It's undisguised and logic that he might could be a short way from Baltimore, I mean it's often seen in the NFL that players follow there previous coaches to other places.

Back to the Julius talk, i don't want to see the kid here, I do like him, but for me I don't think he is belong here, we got a lot of talent and should find better opportunities anywhere.

Julius Jones would be wasted money. He's no better than Chatman, In fact Chatman averaged 4.0 ypc to Jones' 3.6 last year. They have very similar numbers even though Jones ran behind a better line. A lot of people in the NFL can do what Julius Jones does. He is average in every way.

Our OL isn't very good at run blocking. It is very good at pass blocking. So JJ's numbers may not be truly reflective.... however, Barber did well behind our OL...

One other thing I would mention is that JJ literally runs up our OL's backs. He doesn't hit holes. Its very annoying.

This whole thing is very perplexing, as JJ has gone out of his way to suggest Parcells didn't give him a fair shake in Dallas...

Maybe it as simple as JJ wanting to talk to Parcells about improving himself as a player? Parcells would do something like that...

And as for whomever suggested that Dallas could file tampering charges.... that only is legit if Miami is going after JJ and it can be proven tampering occured. But JJ is on his way out of Dallas; and JJ and BP do have a good relationship, so I doubt JJ would file anything.

I think this would be an awesome pick up for Miami. He is a good RB with great speed. I think he may not like BP but he has the respect for him and his career. He is a BP guy with a good work ethic. BUT most importantly he is from my area of Virginia and I played agianst him in high school. It would be cool to say I tackled my favorite teams running back. He also burned me in a 400 meters at the Powell Valley (his HS) Invitational but I did finish third.

i think julius jones would be a solid pickup
we dont know how ronnie will be coming into camp after his injury, no one can trust ricky

According to draftdaddy.com, Bill Parcells and Julius Jones were seen having supper together, fueling speculation that the Dolphins are interested in the Dallas backup RB. They also reported that the Dolphins and Jets are interested in Cowboys OT Flozell Adams.

If you guys want JuJo (as he is referred to here in Dallas), you can have him. The guy is a bust for a 2nd round pick, he literally runs up the backs of our o-linemen.

I'd rather find a way to get Marion Barber on our roster... Jones is injury prone isn't he? Seems like someone already has that covered on the Phin's roster (injury prone RB)

thanks for the info....hopefully it's more true about Flo than Jones....not particularly a fan of his.

Jones is a perfect #2 RB behind Ronnie Brown. And if Brown isn't 100% by week 1 or so Jones can carry the workload for a few weeks.

he's better than Chatman by a mile. Can be counted on more than Ricky by a ton.

Jones to Miami would be huge

Our OL isn't very good at run blocking. It is very good at pass blocking.

How do you know what our OL is good at? Did I miss something? I didn't know we had an Oline at this point.

Back
Top Bottom