Bill Parcells leaving will have little to do with Ross | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Parcells leaving will have little to do with Ross

Finland

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
This will have nothing to do with Ross, team ownership, or how cushy the job is like some have discussed. If Parcells can leave the team and still get 12 million dollars, he will do it. Twelve million in the bank is better than finishing 3 years on a contract. That is pretty much it. Would he do that. You bet. He was his own teams distraction entering the Superbowl with the Patriots if you remember.

Will it hurt, yes. Can it happen, you bet. Do I like it, nope. Parcells has made a career of coming and going at the right time for him. We can only hope different things matter to him now. Ya right. Most men change at the age of 67.

The brightside. The team has already learned a lot about itself and many teams have gone to the Superbowl without Parcells. I hope he stays though.

As usual it will be about power and money. NOT if Ross likes him.

This should be merged with "some thoughts on Parcells" thread, I didn't see that one, but the Ross one was useless as a discussion entry point. Sorry about that. I also like hearing Adam saying Parcells will stay, that is a good sign.

He is a Mercinary (sp) Everybody knows that. Its all about the green with him. But hey, he got the job done.

And got it done fast. With a good off season we could have a similar record next year.

funny, I always thought of ChadP as the Tuna's legacy to the Jets

perhaps we will have a legacy of Chad, Sparano and Ireland

Sparano is our Cowher/Fox/Dungy. players will come and go but through thick and thin we MUST keep Tony

This will have nothing to do with Ross, team ownership, or how cushy the job is like some have discussed. If Parcells can leave the team and still get 12 million dollars, he will do it. Twelve million in the bank is better than finishing 3 years on a contract.

So basically you're saying he'd rather be on somebody's pre-game show analyzing everyone else in his chosen field having the time of their lives. I don't buy it...and I'll bet you 12 million it doesn't happen. Or maybe you're saying he'd take the phins money and go get a similar gig somewhere else and double his money...leaving the Phins job undone for the sake of making some extra loot. I don't buy that either. This is the exact job in the exact place he wants to be and that's all there is to it. The only job better than the job he has now is to be the owner himself.

Everything is rolling along perfectly for him right now...and there's no guarantee that if he went somewhere else that things would fall so beautifully into place as they have in Miami. And where is he gonna get another Sparano and Ireland from? Unless you think he'd assume coaching, general manager and VP duties all by himself. Allow me to point out that this guy is no spring chicken. And he wants to do the grocery shopping.

The only reason that would make any sense to me is if he wants to coach again. Then I could understand him wanting out so he could do that...but not for the sake of screwing the Phins out of 12 million bucks...that's just stupid. And another thing...he has never appeared to me as a guy who enjoyed answering to the moronic media every single day of his life like a head coach must do. Why would he go back to that?

So I guess what I'm saying is I disagree with you completely...that Parcells decision will be based on how well he likes the new Owner...and the fact that he has his dream job already. ~Moving on now~

He lives in Jupiter or Vero right? Why relocate if he can just extricate extra money? I mean that $12m can be thought of 2 ways. 1) it protected him from Jerry Jones type coming in here. 2) if the team was worth more because it was good, he gets his fee.

If it were most of us, we would exercise the clause and say "extend the contract at market price + 20%. I'm not done here."

He lives in Jupiter or Vero right? Why relocate if he can just extricate extra money? I mean that $12m can be thought of 2 ways. 1) it protected him from Jerry Jones type coming in here. 2) if the team was worth more because it was good, he gets his fee.

If it were most of us, we would exercise the clause and say "extend the contract at market price + 20%. I'm not done here."

Umm, let's not forget that he still owns a house in upstate NY, LOVES Saratoga Horse Racing, oh, and as of yesterday the Jets are without a coach... I hope it doesn't play out the way I'm feeling it might but you can bet the Jets are breaking the bank to get this deal done if possible.

While he may leave ... i don't see him going to the JESTS. He has been there done that and bailed.

Also, the job is not done here ... i'd say about 70% right now. The job actually gets harder now. It is harder to tweak than it is to build. There is only so much available in the 'specialty' shops on a given year, and sometimes what you want or need is not available.

I just don't understand why WH can't wait another year to sell the Dolphins? It was his stupid idea to put that idiotic clause in Parcells' contract to begin with!!!

It can't be about the money for Wayne. The guy is one of the richest owners in the NFL! He needs to do what is right and hold off on selling the team so we can make Bill P honor his contract without jumping ship to another team.

First off would any of you not take the money, I realize he has alot of money already but most people with money want more money. They spend alot more so therefore they need alot more.

BP could take the money and be re-hired by the Dolphins because of a public relations disaster this could cause. I think in all honesty if BP doesn't take this opportunity he should be held in regard close to Mother Theresa (I'm joking of course) but you get my point right. How could you, me or anyone else not take 12 mil and then get any job in the NFL you want.

First off would any of you not take the money, I realize he has alot of money already but most people with money want more money. They spend alot more so therefore they need alot more.

BP could take the money and be re-hired by the Dolphins because of a public relations disaster this could cause. I think in all honesty if BP doesn't take this opportunity he should be held in regard close to Mother Theresa (I'm joking of course) but you get my point right. How could you, me or anyone else not take 12 mil and then get any job in the NFL you want.
BP left the Giants, Pats, and Cowboys due to issues with ownership. He left the Jets to retire(at the time).
I believe the he only leaves if there are issues with Ross, not to take $12 million and go elsewhere.

He's an old man with health issues, I doubt getting back into coaching is the wisest move.

BP left the Giants, Pats, and Cowboys due to issues with ownership. He left the Jets to retire(at the time).
I believe the he only leaves if there are issues with Ross, not to take $12 million and go elsewhere.

He's an old man with health issues, I doubt getting back into coaching is the wisest move.

And Ross has already said he's not going to get involved on the football side of things. Which means there isn't a reason in hell Parcells shouldn't be back.

How could you, me or anyone else not take 12 mil and then get any job in the NFL you want.

I don't know... sense of obligation maybe. I understand it would be good for his pocket book but maybe he'll show a little class and stick around for at least another year. It's not like he needs the money.

Back
Top Bottom