Bill Parcells leaving will have little to do with Ross | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Parcells leaving will have little to do with Ross

First off would any of you not take the money, I realize he has alot of money already but most people with money want more money. They spend alot more so therefore they need alot more.

BP could take the money and be re-hired by the Dolphins because of a public relations disaster this could cause. I think in all honesty if BP doesn't take this opportunity he should be held in regard close to Mother Theresa (I'm joking of course) but you get my point right. How could you, me or anyone else not take 12 mil and then get any job in the NFL you want.

Of course! I can't think of anybody that wouldn't take millions of dollars to quit there job.

Oh wait....there is ONE person. Brett Favre wouldn't take $20 million to stay retired....:rolleyes2:

Look I don't think BP leaves, but then in the past with this team where there was smoke there was fire. But BP has everything set up to still enjoy the atmosphere, he's doing what he likes to do, build teams. I think he sticks around to see if a super bowl is possible in the next year or so.

HEY BP I know there is a clause/loophole in you contract but be a man and honor it! For F***S SAKE!

I just don't understand why WH can't wait another year to sell the Dolphins? It was his stupid idea to put that idiotic clause in Parcells' contract to begin with!!!

It can't be about the money for Wayne. The guy is one of the richest owners in the NFL! He needs to do what is right and hold off on selling the team so we can make Bill P honor his contract without jumping ship to another team.

Not a stupid idea.

Simple!

No clause, No PARCELLS!

While BP trusted WH, this clause with very good reason, was put in to protect BP from having to deal with a meddlesome new owner.

First of all, Bill Parcells is not stupid. He would be stupid to not opt out and collect his free $9 million dollars. On the other hand I don't think that Ross is stupid either.

So, assuming Ross doesn't want to run things and wants to keep Parcells where he is. He only has to give Parcells a check for $9 million dollars to NOT opt out of his contract. Sure it is basically like doubling the mans salary but I think that after this season he has honestly earned it.

BP gets paid and maintains total control to stay right where he is. Ross, protects the future of his investment and is free to develop all that vacant land around Dolphin stadium that he bought into convention centers,hotels, condos & shopping malls.

Thats a win/win situation for both sides.

So basically you're saying he'd rather be on somebody's pre-game show analyzing everyone else in his chosen field having the time of their lives. I don't buy it...and I'll bet you 12 million it doesn't happen. Or maybe you're saying he'd take the phins money and go get a similar gig somewhere else and double his money...leaving the Phins job undone for the sake of making some extra loot. I don't buy that either. This is the exact job in the exact place he wants to be and that's all there is to it. The only job better than the job he has now is to be the owner himself.

Everything is rolling along perfectly for him right now...and there's no guarantee that if he went somewhere else that things would fall so beautifully into place as they have in Miami. And where is he gonna get another Sparano and Ireland from? Unless you think he'd assume coaching, general manager and VP duties all by himself. Allow me to point out that this guy is no spring chicken. And he wants to do the grocery shopping.

The only reason that would make any sense to me is if he wants to coach again. Then I could understand him wanting out so he could do that...but not for the sake of screwing the Phins out of 12 million bucks...that's just stupid. And another thing...he has never appeared to me as a guy who enjoyed answering to the moronic media every single day of his life like a head coach must do. Why would he go back to that?

So I guess what I'm saying is I disagree with you completely...that Parcells decision will be based on how well he likes the new Owner...and the fact that he has his dream job already. ~Moving on now~

I'm afraid I disagree. You are leaving out one VERY important part. Parcells can take credit for a 1-15 to 11-5 turn around and then go some where else and do it again. We have WAY overachieved and are not nearly as good as our record. There is a very reasonable chance that we will back slide some next year with the brutal schedule we will be facing so if he leaves it will look like we were great BECAUSE of him. His ego and ability to turn nothing into something great adds to Bills legacy.

I say Bills leaves to go to a team like the 49ers with a lot of history, and some hidden talent and tries to turn them around in a year or two as well. When you add to the equation 12 million dollars it would be a easy decision to make.

I think Bill has watched Tony build trust and friendships with players and made a beautiful situation here in Miami and it has given him the itch to coach again himself. Whether his health will let him again coach may have a lot to do with where and if he goes but I have to admit that if I was in his shoes the door to the unknown would look aweful appealing.

I hope he stays but I think if Ireland stays and Tony stays it will not be the end of the world if Bill decides this is no longer where he belongs.

First of all, Bill Parcells is not stupid. He would be stupid to not opt out and collect his free $9 million dollars. On the other hand I don't think that Ross is stupid either.

So, assuming Ross doesn't want to run things and wants to keep Parcells where he is. He only has to give Parcells a check for $9 million dollars to NOT opt out of his contract. Sure it is basically like doubling the mans salary but I think that after this season he has honestly earned it.

BP gets paid and maintains total control to stay right where he is. Ross, protects the future of his investment and is free to develop all that vacant land around Dolphin stadium that he bought into convention centers,hotels, condos & shopping malls.

Thats a win/win situation for both sides.

Exactly or pay him a large portion of the money owed under the old contract and sign him to a large extension keeping him happy right where he is.

HEY BP I know there is a clause/loophole in you contract but be a man and honor it! For F***S SAKE!

Actually, as you say, he has a contract. That contract has a term in it that allows him freedom under certain circumstances. If he took that option he would have honored his contract.

I just don't understand why WH can't wait another year to sell the Dolphins?
His team. His decision. Rich guys are rich because they spend thier time figgureing out how to squeeze 3 dollars out of one dollar and not breaking down O-Line play on a messageboard.

It was his stupid idea to put that idiotic clause in Parcells' contract to begin with!!!
On the minus: It let BP leave if WH sold the team.

On the Plus: It got us Parcells, Ireland, Sparano, Fasano, Adoyle, Henning, Pasquiloni, Long, Henne, .......I think you get my point.....

So.....Are we better off WITH Parcells here for one year, or WITHOUT Parcells here for one year?

It can't be about the money for Wayne.
:lol: He went from wage slave to richer than god by not being about money. Right.

The guy is one of the richest owners in the NFL!
By makeing correct financial descisions.

He needs to do what is right and hold off on selling the team so we can make Bill P honor his contract without jumping ship to another team.
What is *right* is what's best for him and his family. It's right for you, me and, WH. Just because he's rich and owns our favorite team doesn't change that. I personally think he did what was *right* when he did what he had to do to get Parcells in here.

Unless there is a legitamate beef he has with Ross. I don't forsee BP just picking up and leaving the team. This team has been a crowning achievement in his career. I think he is going to try to see it through to get us a superbowl. Then he might go. I think it damages his resumee if he walks on us. No team is going to be intrested in hiring him for more then one season if they feel like they cant trust him to stick it out. Yes it is true he has left plenty of other teams in the past but if you look at each one of those situtations, he had justifiable cause for leaving them.

I'm not as convinced as everyone here that Parcells is all about the money. He just seems to get bored staying in the same place too long. If he does in fact leave, I'm not gonna sit here and cry. His calling card is turning around franchises that were in shambles and he has done that here. Parcells put the pieces in place, but now those pieces are running the show and doing a darn good job.

I'm not as convinced as everyone here that Parcells is all about the money. He just seems to get bored staying in the same place too long. If he does in fact leave, I'm not gonna sit here and cry. His calling card is turning around franchises that were in shambles and he has done that here. Parcells put the pieces in place, but now those pieces are running the show and doing a darn good job.

I agree. Best one year hire ever if that happens. I don't think it's about the money with BP...I think it's all about ego and legacy...Now, money does play a part. However, out of principal, if I was Ross, I'd walk up to Bill and say..

"Thanks. Bill, right now I'm prepared to offer you 9 Mil to NOT walk away, and, a pesonal assureance of not being in your buisness. I am prepared to offer you a similar clause to this last one if I sell the team, and, a clause that enables you to opt out of the contract next year if you just feel like doing it because you don't like me."

Back
Top Bottom