Bill Parcells may return to coaching.. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Parcells may return to coaching..

What a perfect script for Parcells if at all possible. My Miami blood hopes for the worst but wouldn't be surprised if it happens. (Though he would hold Pete Carmichael back)

well I'm glad we didn't get carmichael jr, that says alot if payton cant trust him to hold down the ship for one year

Carmichael has already been reported on ESPN as saying to Payton that he wants to remain in control of calling the plays on the offensive side of the ball, and not take over the head coaching job. It's a shame for Saints fans, a great FO and organization in general being dismantled to set a precedent.

he'd still be a good HC and remember he did adapt. W/ us in '98 we were a passing team w/ Vinny, Keyshawn, Chrebet so he wasn't married to any one system or philosophy.

Yes, remember that 1998 season well. In fact that was the last time Parcells was relavent. His last playoff win vs the Jags in Jan 1999.
His teams haven't done anything in the post season since. I think the Saints are looking at more than just making the playoffs.

Even the woeful Fins have posted a playoff win more recently (2000) than Parcell's led team. I wish he would go back and help out the Patriots. LOL.

The Saints aren't going to fire Sean Payton even if Bill Parcells, Pete Carmichael Jr., Steve Spagnuolo, or Aaron Kromer are wildly successful. If that happens the interim head coach will move on to a new head coaching job (or back into retirement in Parcells case) and Payton will be back. Tom Benson has always been extremely loyal to his employees since buying the team at times against all success and logic (see former GM Bill Kuharic, HCs Jim Mora, Mike Ditka, Jim Haslett). Mickey Loomis and Sean Payton have made their peace with Tom Benson.

Also if Parcells takes the Saints job his role will be "limited" to say the least. Sean Payton's suspension doesn't start until April 1st so he's been working on having a draft plan nailed and the off season schedule done. GM Mickey Loomis' suspension doesn't begin until week one of the season so he'll be available to run the Saints' draft, sign players before training camp, administer TC, and hopefully work out Brees' long term deal before the season starts. After that Khai Harley will take over as GM. As far as game planning and calling plays - Pete Carmichael Jr. will run the Saints Offense and Steve Spagnuolo will run the Defense. Parcells responsibilities would be very "light".

I hope Parcells comes back to coach and the Saints go 1-15 and Bill never gets elected to the Hall of Fame as a result of this. Parcells is the most overrated coach/gm in NFL history.

Yes, remember that 1998 season well. In fact that was the last time Parcells was relavent. His last playoff win vs the Jags in Jan 1999.
His teams haven't done anything in the post season since. I think the Saints are looking at more than just making the playoffs.

Even the woeful Fins have posted a playoff win more recently (2000) than Parcell's led team. I wish he would go back and help out the Patriots. LOL.

He did turn Dallas around and made them relevant again even though he didn't win in January. If he coached NO he would have a SB caliber team to coach so no rebuilding and a proven QB that can win in january which he hasn't really had ever.

Back
Top Bottom