Bill Parcells may return to coaching.. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Parcells may return to coaching..

Well the saints will become more of a mess then they are now if they let the Tuna come in and ruin their organization like he did with ours

BP is an all time great Head Coach, he is a mediocre GM type. Unfortunately for you guys you didn't hire him as a HC.

BP is an all time great Head Coach, he is a mediocre GM type. Unfortunately for you guys you didn't hire him as a HC.

I would rephrase this to say BP WAS a great Head Coach. Certainly don't think he would have much success now. The game has evolved since he was a HC and he is too stubborn and set in his ways to change and adapt. Even as GM, he refused to advance with the game today, and stuck to his 1980's philosophies.

I would rephrase this to say BP WAS a great Head Coach. Certainly don't think he would have much success now. The game has evolved since he was a HC and he is too stubborn and set in his ways to change and adapt. Even as GM, he refused to advance with the game today, and stuck to his 1980's philosophies.
he'd still be a good HC and remember he did adapt. W/ us in '98 we were a passing team w/ Vinny, Keyshawn, Chrebet so he wasn't married to any one system or philosophy.

My mind can't even imagine the Tuna's fat, decrepit body puttering up and down the sidelines in a golf cart come gamedays. It's an interesting take that Payton might feel his job security has been rattled by this scandal enough that he might lose his job to a Carmichael as a PR move. I fully believe Williams should be drummed out of the league, but with Payton after one year all is forgiven. If his Saints job is in jeopardy, I would embrace him coming down here with open arms. There's not an HC I'd rather have.

My mind can't even imagine the Tuna's fat, decrepit body puttering up and down the sidelines in a golf cart come gamedays. It's an interesting take that Payton might feel his job security has been rattled by this scandal enough that he might lose his job to a Carmichael as a PR move. I fully believe Williams should be drummed out of the league, but with Payton after one year all is forgiven. If his Saints job is in jeopardy, I would embrace him coming down here with open arms. There's not an HC I'd rather have.

I agree but i dont see anyway Ross cuts bait with Philbin and grabs Payton. The only way i could see it is if Philbin has a Cam Cameron type year. Big picture though, its not the worst thing that could happen. lol Barkley and Payton.

Dude relax...I was joking. Thought it was obvious enough with the emoticon at the end of the sentence.

I appreciate you starting this post. Payton contacting Parcells to coach is certainly NFL newsworthy and interesting. Far more worthy of a finheaven post than some of the stuff that gets posted on here.
My post was to hoophoops.

Lets see how this works. Pay brees Payton money dollars for 5 years and then have Coach PArcells tell Brees to hand the ball off for 55% pf the plays.

Thats one big joke ready to happen. the Saints fans have suffered enough with the penalties. Dont add another one.

I agree but i dont see anyway Ross cuts bait with Philbin and grabs Payton. The only way i could see it is if Philbin has a Cam Cameron type year. Big picture though, its not the worst thing that could happen. lol Barkley and Payton.
:lol: Dream scenario. I don't even want to consider that as an outside hope. I remember at 0-7 taking comfort in the possibility of Luck and Cowher. Instead we're Garrard and Philbin.

:lol: Dream scenario. I don't even want to consider that as an outside hope. I remember at 0-7 taking comfort in the possibility of Luck and Cowher. Instead we're Garrard and Philbin.

Its amazing how things changed. When we were 0-7, I had all the excitment in the world. Andrew Luck and a top coach looked like a real possibility. I remember thinking that Matt Barkley would be a good consolation prize and getting RG3 would be worst case scenerio and almost an unthinkable possibility. Tannehill back than was a late 2nd round project pick and now it looks like he might be our pick at 8. My how things have changed. Sigh

We just hired a coach and we have a top coordinator in Sherman. You're the stupid one.

I'll be stupid right along with him. Philbin is being shown the door if it means bringing in Payton next year. Unfortunately for all of us, the Saints know better.

I heard Glazer say that this was already taken care of..Cant remember the guys name(it wasnt Parcells or Carmichael)but the Saints had prepared for a suspension but not a year.

As much as i love Peytons "Petal to the Metal"theory.This guy knew what went on in his lockerroom and hes damn lucky he didnt get a lifetime ban.Personally thats the low of lows.

Back
Top Bottom