Bill Parcells says he's ready to run another team | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Parcells says he's ready to run another team

Cobra

Starter
Reaction score
NFL | Bill Parcells says he's ready to run another team
Fri, 19 Nov 2010 07:31:27 -0800
Miami Dolphins consultant Bill Parcells said in an upcoming NFL Network documentary about his life that he is ready to give his input to another NFL team, according to Ben Volin, of the Palm Beach Post. "Get me back out there," Parcells says near the end of the NFL Films-produced documentary. "I can do this one more time. That's how I feel." A top Dolphins official declined to comment about Parcells' future, saying only that Parcells is still a member of the organization.

Kick in the pants if you ask me. Sorry if this is a repost.

I feel sorry for whatever team he decides to ruin next. I guess ruin may be too harsh, how about what team is he ready to make mediocre next?

I say this from the bottom of my heart: Go **** yourself, Bill.

Wonderful. Maybe he'll take over the Bills and finish off his tour of the AFC East. Lets see, he lead the Giants to 2 Super Bowls. Then got the Pats to Super Bowl XXXI. Then it was off to the Jets and he lgot them to the AFC championship game. Then it was off to the Cowboys. He got them to the playoffs twice. Then finally it was off to Miami and he was able to get the Dolphins 1 AFC east title. Expectations seem to get lower with every stop. With Buffalo what would his expecations for success be? Second place in the division? That would probably be acceptable to the Bills and Parcells can go and pat himself on the back for another "job well done"

He didn't ruin this team, or run it into the ground. He resurrected it from complete ash back to mediocrity.....Don't know if it's worthy of an hour long NFL Network special, but it's something.

After seeing the state of the Dolphins and how he left it, I doubt that anyone will want him in their organization. He has not been relevant for 15 years.

Sorry guys to ruin your parade just because we are loosing some games and he is leaving but he has reshaped this team and it was in the playoffs in his first year. So thats the real fact the same with the cowboys he had them winning when he was there and when he left. Sure he is not producing superbowl teams like each fan like you demand but he is leaving them in much better shape. You saw the real cowboys without him this year.

Some fans just don't get filled up with kool aid. At some point you'll piss it all out. The trifecta is a failure. This franchise isinn turmoil. 3 years and still no established franchise QB, the OL is in shambles, the WR corps is still a mess and the RBs are both old.

Yes, Parcells left us in great shape. :rolleyes2:

It's one thing to say he might be a little over rated. I thought somebody made a great post on a website the other day about how the bar is continually lowered for Parcells:

YEAH he won 2 Super Bowls (1986, 1990) in New York
THEN he won 1 AFC title game in New England in 1996
THEN he TOOK the Jets to an AFC title game in 1998
THEN he TOOK the Cowboys back to the playoffs in 2003
AND the Dolphins back in 2007.

But in each instance the bar was lowered (i guess because of the state of the teams he took over). He's not winning wherever he goes, technically teams he's been involved with haven't won a playoff game since the 90s. So.....

I mean he improves these dead franchises. Every single one of those franchises was a complete disaster before he got there. However it's not like he's turning water into wine. Maybe he's turning water into.....soda, or something. But not wine. No midas touch. He's good for bringing a little spark, a little excitement, and then a calm as everything settles down back to being average.

Back
Top Bottom