Bill Parcells says he's ready to run another team | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Parcells says he's ready to run another team

(PARCELLS)Coming to a franchise near you
96112_logo-1.jpg

Parcells came in and took an awful franchise and made them bad, I don't think he deserves praise for that.

Yeah, really was no where else to go but up. Saban and Cameron buried the team. The trifecta did dig the team out of its' grave. But, it was the Wild Cat (David Lee) and Chad Pennington who took the team to an AFC East title. Once Chad went down and the Wild Cat lost its' luster, the trifecta's mediocrity was exposed.

It's one thing to say he might be a little over rated. I thought somebody made a great post on a website the other day about how the bar is continually lowered for Parcells:

YEAH he won 2 Super Bowls (1986, 1990) in New York
THEN he won 1 AFC title game in New England in 1996
THEN he TOOK the Jets to an AFC title game in 1998
THEN he TOOK the Cowboys back to the playoffs in 2003
AND the Dolphins back in 2007.

But in each instance the bar was lowered (i guess because of the state of the teams he took over). He's not winning wherever he goes, technically teams he's been involved with haven't won a playoff game since the 90s. So.....

I mean he improves these dead franchises. Every single one of those franchises was a complete disaster before he got there. However it's not like he's turning water into wine. Maybe he's turning water into.....soda, or something. But not wine. No midas touch. He's good for bringing a little spark, a little excitement, and then a calm as everything settles down back to being average.

He took the money and walked out the back door, undermined Henne to the press and what really pisses me off is that nobody says a word about this huge failure, not the local press not the fans.
He did those things as a coach 2007 was luck nothing to do with his draft and now this team is a mess with a bleak future and worst of all without coaching depth.
3 years and this is what we get.

you guys forgot how sorry this team had been before he got here... i think 3 years ago the possibility of playoffs looked very far off, and now he has got us EXPECTING p[layoffs means our team has upgraded a ton

Stop using CRACK

he hasn't done anything in 20 ****ing years...

and people think he is a still a god or something.

“The problem I have with Bill Parcells is him quitting. I don’t like guys quitting. If you sign up for something, finish the job get the job done. Don’t quit. It is a three-year formula, he goes in, gets his three years and then he quits and walks out of there with a bucket full of money. I don’t like that part of it ”
- Deion Sanders on Bill Parcells

Parcells is starting to seem like a scam. He picks teams that have nowhere to go but up, and leaves as soon as they have room to go down. Landing Nolan was about the only thing great he did for us. Other than that seems like he's had a very average record of picks and whiffs.

He needs to go ASAP.

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM ----------

Lets just hope he takes morano and henning with him!

Parcells, Henning, Sparano... gone in 2011. Sounds good.

I'd love to see him at the Jets again... then we'd really be able to rip them... Anywhere but here, he's the most overrated person in football.

He didn't ruin this team, or run it into the ground. He resurrected it from complete ash back to mediocrity.....Don't know if it's worthy of an hour long NFL Network special, but it's something.

no he didnt. this team had talent when he got here. debatable if there is much more here now than before actually. we simply didnt have a coach that could lead this team. what do we have??? we finish 11-5 the year he arrives. kinda funny it happend IN THE FIRST YEAR isnt it???? and WE CANT EVEN FINISH .500 in the TWO years after that????? yeah we are MUCH better CLEARLY lmfao. if he had done such an amazing job here THIS year would be indicator....the true test of how far this team had come with 3 years of Parcells drafts and free agent signings and that long to develop the culture. the THIRD year should AND is be the most telling year. and THIS TEAM IS MEDIOCRE AT BEST. VERY LITTLE improvement in 3 years. AND he quit when things got tough WHY??????? WHY QUIT NOW??????? if hes so hungry to stay in football WHY NOT STAY HERE?????????? finish the job!!!! does that make ANY sense at all??????

in order for him to get ANY credit for what gets done here. he needed to stay another TWO years......to really have a clear indication of whats been accomplished....and to create stability within the culture and team....thats what everybody is saying is needed correct???? well guess what....the ONLY reason we DONT have it is BECAUSE of Bill Parcells

Back
Top Bottom