Bill Parcells sees a lot of himself in new Jets head coach Rex Ryan | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Parcells sees a lot of himself in new Jets head coach Rex Ryan

Your defense sucked in the first game. However, they played lights out in the second game.

out of 8 games so far this year.....that first phins game was the only game our defense played badly...they've been pretty much lights out in the other 7. i mean you guys do pay attention to what goes on in other games besides phins games right? i mean we're not the 32 ranked defense by accident.

i know you guys love to hate rex......but listening to his pressers he really doesn't seem so bad to me. then again i guess i'm biased. just like i don't like sparano much. but parcells went through the interview process just for show, imo. sounds like sparano had the job from the get go. i don't likeparcells much either. yeah..he brought respectability to the jets which was nice...but then he up and left us flat like he's done to every other organization....i'd be surprised if he doesn't do it to the phins as well.
In the other organizations he was coaching. His leaving will not have the same effect.

Yes, but he is a head coach. He needs to build the entire team now.

ur right.....he needs to take more control over the other aspects of the team. this i agree with. im not saying he shoudl start calling the plays on offense but he needs to be more involved than he has.

Ryan's problem isn't that he's uninvolved with other areas of the team. It's that he's not a stabilizing force.

He's like most very successful coordinators. I don't think I have to make a list. He's been promoted to incompetence.

I keep hearing about this lights out defense. Here are some stats for you:

Total Defense: 11th Miami 16th
Opp 1st Downs: 16th Miami 14th
Opp 3d Down Conversions 20th Miami 2nd
Scoring 8th Miami 23rd

4 key categories that you don't even crack the top 5 in any and only once in the top 10. Your defense isn't all that much better than the fins.

I keep hearing about this lights out defense. Here are some stats for you:

Total Defense: 11th Miami 16th
Opp 1st Downs: 16th Miami 14th
Opp 3d Down Conversions 20th Miami 2nd
Scoring 8th Miami 23rd

4 key categories that you don't even crack the top 5 in any and only once in the top 10. Your defense isn't all that much better than the fins.

where are you getting these stats from?

jets:

total defense (yds) - 2nd
passing defense (yds) - 4th
rushing defense (yds) - 14th
scoring defense (ppg) - 4th (this is including 6 td's scored hwen our defense wasn't even on the field...really we're number 1 with 11.5 ppg)
yds/play - 3rd
1st downs/game - 5th
3rd down % - 6th(T)

all this when being in 6th place for most plays form scrimmage. which means that despite the fact that our offense is continually putting them on the field they are still shutting down opponents.

as opposed here's the phins stats:

total d - 17th
passing d - 21st
run d - 6th
scoring d - 25th (you'll have to tell me how many scores the offense/st's has let up so this could be adjusted)
yds/play - 22nd
1st downs/game - 16th
3rd down % - 4th(t)

the hting that stick out the most is the phins are at the bottom of the barrel in scoring defense and yds/play. although the scoring defense, imo, id the most important since scoring is the only way to win...not how many yds you give up. yeah the phins have a slight edge in 3rd down % but the jets are 5th in the league in forcing the opponent into 3rd down situations....where the phins aren't putting up much of a fight at 29th in the league in forcing opponents into 3rd down. even then the difference is only phins 33%...jets 36%. and the phins one bright spot is their run defense has been better.....but even then it's 92 yds/game to 108 yds/game...but the phins have given up 8 rushing td's to the jets' 4.

My mistake. I read ESPNs stats which don't take into account bye weeks and bases it on total yards. My apologies...................

Back
Top Bottom