Bill Parcells stepping back into consulting role, Ireland to make more decisions | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Parcells stepping back into consulting role, Ireland to make more decisions

Actually X-Pac Peterson is partners with Ross in that gameday fan vision thing they are starting this year. He also has some sort of non football operations VP title. People have a right to be concerned there

yup. they're buds. not cool.

If Peterson's hovering in the wings, Herm Edwards can't be far behind.

scream-1.jpg

BP is a cool dude. We really sucked before he showed up.

It had to happen eventually, this is great opportunity for Ireland.

Is this a suprise..No..The Tuna has really been silent anyways since's he's been onboard.I think he's been guiding Sporano and Ireland.He see's what he set out to accomplish..No performance and your gone..So Ireland and Sporano will continue the hits...Dansby,Marshall,Hartline,Henne and continue the misses Pat White,Pat Turner, Gibril Wilson, Ernest Wilford until they get it right.

This is different from what he was doing before? Meh. There are so many really good decisions and then extremely bad decisions made by this FO. I wish we knew the culprits.

Should this be taken as a sign that he wants to distance himself from this team? Why else would he do it right before the season starts. Is the ship sinking? I know that's alarmist. I know it's whiny. But is it? Recent events are really changing my expectations for this year.

PS. Don't even think about it, Carl Petersen. Don't even think about it.

First off BP has done wonders for this team since taking over. The future is bright here.
I havent seen any where sayn BP is leaving. Correct me if Im wrong BP still has right to fire Ireland and Sparano.

As far as these recent moves, most of these guys wont even be active on gameday. Why have vets mad cuz they are inactive when you can save the trouble with young players.

Alose timing is exactly when you would want it. AFTER the offseason. Had it been before the offseason players may have not wanted to come here

First IMO parcells stepping into a consultant role now
indicates a real issue inside the FO(barring a health issue
that's being kept quite),I don't see this move being earth
shattering however I do feel pressure to win is there.

I feel this FO has failed to improve the team, 3 years in and
millions of dollars & draft picks(in fact the first FA move & draft
pick involved OL men) yet here we sit 3 years later
and an OL that may have more ?marks than ever...not a positive

if this is an audition for Ireland he better make it count,
I'm convinced that Ross isn't interested in losing football teams.

Also I'm not sure that Peterson is up to running a team if I'm not mistaken
he is close to 70 himself, however you could a lot worse
than Peterson.

No surprise. Understudy situations inevitably end quicker than estimated. You can only whisper so many things. The newcomer gets antsy. Bowden was nuts if he expected it to linger.

Besides, the old timer generally picks someone like himself, and that means extreme self confidence, if not outright ****y. Guys like that don't accept second fiddle year after year without restlessness.

My annoyance is Bill didn't talk during his tenure. Bill can talk. Bill likes to talk, if only to confront. I was always doubtful they were strictly his decisions when Bill wasn't talking. You can confidently explain yourself but not the words of others.

Bill won't last long in this consultant gig. That's another overwhelming trend, the patchwork new title designed to lessen media scrutiny and fan upheaval merely a cover, a convenient arrangement among the parties involved. Bill will slip out the back door and be announced as no longer associated in a few months, when there's a convenient lull.

Last edited by a moderator:
i think this may signify a fight within the FO . prob over the recent player moves. i bet ireland wanted his way bill said ok big guy take the reigns now. also, he did stick around for 3 drafts which was the deal. so not a huge thing just odd how its before the season starts.

i like all the dlphins fans trying to explain how this is a good thing for the team. parcells is basically the reason you guys aren't still 1-15 laughing stocks anymore. and now the team is left in the hands of a man who doesn't even have basic social skills. i'd be seriously surprised if parcells is with miami beyond this year as a "consultant". my opinion? parcells is trying to distance himself from this years results.

Your name is an oxymoron.

No surprise. Understudy situations inevitably end quicker than estimated. You can only whisper so many things. The newcomer gets antsy. Bowden was nuts if he expected it to linger.

Besides, the old timer generally picks someone like himself, and that means extreme self confidence, if not outright ****y. Guys like that don't accept second fiddle year after year without restlessness.

My annoyance is Bill didn't talk during his tenure. Bill can talk. Bill likes to talk, if only to confront. I was always doubtful they were strictly his decisions when Bill wasn't talking. You can confidently explain yourself but not the words of others.

Bill won't last long in this consultant gig. That's another overwhelming trend, the patchwork new title designed to lessen media scrutiny and fan upheaval merely a cover, a convenient arrangement among the parties involved. Bill will slip out the back door and be announced as no longer associated in a few months, when there's a convenient lull.

And he'll do it without the team having won a single playoff game... Just like I said he would from day 1..

I'm not sure when Bill Parcells contract expires, but Miami might want to spend that money on someone else now after his contract expires. That is a lot of money to pay for a name and face to sit upstairs and sip ****tails without doing much else.

I'm not surprised that he stepped down, but I am surprised that he did it 5 days before the season starts.

Back
Top Bottom