Bill Parcels work is almost done.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Parcels work is almost done....

The quieter concern is that the cult of celebrity may alienate the Dolphins’ dominant cult figure: Parcells. The announcement of the members-only game-day club at Land Shark Stadium mentions special sideline access, the type of thing Parcells would seemingly abhor. Parcells is not talking about any of the new ventures, but he is a fierce protector of the sanctity of his team

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/21/sports/football/21dolphins.html

That is the part that scares me also. If/when Parcells leaves, I do think Ross will step in and hire a replacemenet, and I think that guy will be Carl Peterson. Peterson was hanging around with Ross during the Ravens playoff game and there were rumblings then that he might be joining the franchise.

Ok, so say Parcells leaves and Peterson comes in and replaces him. Is Ireland and Sparano "HIS" type of GM and coach? Just like Parcells canned Mueller and Cameron, don't you think Peterson would have his type of guys?

Parcells is a genius and a major cog in the rebirth of this franchise, but if he were to leave and Ireland and Sparano continued working with this team, it wouldn't be so bad. Yes, we lose a major force in the front office, but I think those two will be more then fine to run things. I am just worried that Ross will find the need to have to replace Parcells. If he does that, the entire football side of things could blow up.

This scenario scares me to death Nublar! :(

I don't think he is upset with Ross... He has been around long enough to understand that the NFL is a business and the Miami Dolphins are a product. As long as he has control of the Football side of it without interference the he is going to continue to do it. Now if the Event stuff starts to affect how he does the football business then he will likely retire... I don't anticipate him going to another team... I think he stays around another 2-3 three years to see if he can make them a superbowl team and then he will retire...

Articles and rumors of Parcells leaving are always going to pop up.

Ross' celebrity splurge is just a convenient excuse. No matter the franchise or situation, a rumor of Parcells finding work elsewhere will emerge.

Parcells holds a lot of power in his hands and can easily spin unfavorable public opinion towards Ross - more so than Ross has already received. If I was Ross, it would only be a matter of time before I'd get annoyed with all the subtle threats or fear of Parcells' departure. Ross has every right to do whatever he can to fill the seats of his stadium. If we all remember, at his introductory conference he listed owning the stadium as a big selling point for the purchase of the team. It only makes sense that his first order of business would be to make sure that on game-day every seat is filled. That happens if there is insensitive to go out to the football game. Even with winning teams of the past decade that has been hard to accomplish.

Also, we are a juncture where the team does not have a major marketable player to post around in billboards - JT i the closest. A nice idea is to supplement the void in star power with non-athletes associated to high entertainment. On top of that it gives the celebrity impetus to take ownership of their rights as minority owner and in turn results in better product/performance.

If Parcells is too dense to understand this simple experiment and effort to fill the stadium of supportive fans for the team he's help put on the field, then good riddance.

we could get are butts kicked this year.bill needs to stay another year .we cant run out of the i formation-no power running game.teams will load the box this year stopping ronnie.because no one fears chads puss arm.we are weak at the guard and maybe center position.this isnt good.anyone notice the jags blitzing the middle last week.we had to run around the end to even have a shot of getting yards.look for this again against the panthers.are d-backs are young and a year away from being big time.i dont feel chad can beat a top 12 defensive team,and we pretty much play them all this year.this one of the main reasons i am pushing for henne.i just hope he is good.we have to have someone who will get teams off the line of scrimmage.opening up the running game by stretching the field in all directions.bill will leave us with a top 10 defense for the next 4-5 years.bill's team will be in place next year,and he stays to see it.

That is the part that scares me also. If/when Parcells leaves, I do think Ross will step in and hire a replacemenet, and I think that guy will be Carl Peterson. Peterson was hanging around with Ross during the Ravens playoff game and there were rumblings then that he might be joining the franchise.

Ok, so say Parcells leaves and Peterson comes in and replaces him. Is Ireland and Sparano "HIS" type of GM and coach? Just like Parcells canned Mueller and Cameron, don't you think Peterson would have his type of guys?

Parcells is a genius and a major cog in the rebirth of this franchise, but if he were to leave and Ireland and Sparano continued working with this team, it wouldn't be so bad. Yes, we lose a major force in the front office, but I think those two will be more then fine to run things. I am just worried that Ross will find the need to have to replace Parcells. If he does that, the entire football side of things could blow up.

Except that Parcells fired a GM and HC that went 1-15. A lesser football man than Parcells could have made that decision. IF, and its a huge IF, Parcells leaves, who knows if Ross hires a replacement. IF he does, that person would be coming into an established football organization, with a winning record and a playoff appearence, and from all that I can gather, a concrete plan on how to move this franchise forward.

I get the feeling everytime TS addresses players that he knows what kind of player hes looking for. I get the feeling everytime I hear JI speak that he is constantly looking for ways to upgrade the roster. Its not like these guys are rank amateurs have nothing to offer. They know what kind of players they are looking for to build this organization. Parcells has influence, no doubt about it, buts its not like these two arent mightily involved.

Whether its this year or next, we know that BP will be leaving us at some point in the future. But, I am thinking he could stay with the team, cut his workload if he wants, and still be an advisor to the guys in terms of player evaluations, scouting infrastructure, that sort of thing. Its obvious that BP loves the game and loves S. Florida. What a great way to stay involved in both by keeping this low workload, high profile position.

I don't really think he's leaving... but, with him you just never know... up here in the NY area, it's known, how much, he enjoys the Florida lifestyle and landing this position as Dolphins honcho, seems to be what he was looking for... IMO coaching no longer is in his blood, it's the building process that excites him now!!! i just get SCARED, reading blogs or reports that say he's leaving... especially like Nublar, says with guy's like Carl Peterson hanging around... Sparano and Ireland seem to really relish their roles and i most definitely think they can do very well without BP... they seemed to have learned WELL under him!!! lets hope this report is by some looney thats gone fishin'...

I think all of you are missing the biggest risk of all.

When Parcells left Dallas, he took his guys and transplanted them here. Those guys were favorites among the organization and players. If Tuna leaves Miami, who is to say he doesn't take his guys to wherever he goes this time. You all make it seem like Bill is the only one who would go and everybody who has been assembled here would stay and guide the ship. I find this hard to believe...

Everyone know Bill Parcels was not a long term option ,but a football guru who knows how to turn a football team around. Bill Parcel eye for talent is on another level .With the emergence of Sean Smith,Vonta Davis ,Pat White and
Harline. The Trifecta has hit on another year of very good player .To worry about,will Bill stay another year or the year after that you only torching
yourself .

New Flash Bill Parcel will leave the Dolphins organization soon .New flash the Miami Dolphins are in good hand with JEFF IRELAND AND TONY SPARANO. Miami Dolphins organization has turn the corner ,Jeff who truly responsible for draft these players,and Sparano coaching the guys up. I feel very very very confident in the trifecta some day becoming the two amigos.

thanks Bill
please repost this once Bill Parcels leave

He may leave and he may not.

I feel I need to point out the obvious here that everyone that starts these "Bill Parcells is guaranteed to leave" threads either simply don't think through or for some reason just can't make the connection to........ that point is that Bill Parcells is in a position here that he's NEVER been in before.

His past as a coach that liked to jump from ship to ship really dosen't apply to forecasting what he'll do in this position.

Parcells admitted he was burnt out of the grind of coaching and got bored in places because of it. Parcells said straight up that he wanted out of coaching but would love to still have his hand in building an NFL team somewhere.

Well he's now a VP of football operations.
He can put as much time in or as little time into the process of building this team as he wants to. He basically just has to tell his coaching and scouting staffs what he wants and can go play golf any time he wants.

It's a completely different situation so I don't see his past as a coach giving any insight into how he'll handle the situation he's in now or how long he'll be satisfied with it.

Bill P. left coaching to start a new aspect of his career. He is in a perfect situation here, why would he leave? People are just looking for news, I mean seriously what is next BP is leaving because they painted the bathrooms blue? It is really pretty stupid actually. About the only way I see him leaving is if the Giants offer him the same position.

When Parcells left Dallas, he took his guys and transplanted them here. Those guys were favorites among the organization and players. If Tuna leaves Miami, who is to say he doesn't take his guys to wherever he goes this time. You all make it seem like Bill is the only one who would go and everybody who has been assembled here would stay and guide the ship. I find this hard to believe...

What you are missing is that this is his last stop as he has full control and this is his favourite place to reside...

What you are missing is that this is his last stop as he has full control and this is his favourite place to reside...

I'm actually not all that worried about him leaving. If I were in the same situation, I certainly wouldn't leave. I was just playing a bit of devil's advocate in that, if he were to leave, that would be the most worrisome part.

it's like a traveling football show

Back
Top Bottom