Bill Polian said on SiriusXM radio that Manning could fit Philbin's offense | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Polian said on SiriusXM radio that Manning could fit Philbin's offense

jd13

Starter
Reaction score
A dolphin fan just called up and asked Polian if Manning could fit in Philbin's offense and he said without question. He said he has no inside info but just studying philbin's offense in Green Bay and Mike Sherman's offense at Texas a&m. He said it would take him about 2 weeks to learn the offense. The only thing he can't do that Rogers could do are the bootlegs. It just dispels the notion that Manning doesn't fit the system.

Mort said something similar to this earlier tonight. Said the idea that he can't fit in to a different system is an insult to Manning.

Yeah, all this talk going around about can Manning fit a system is a joke. Maybe if we started running the option it would be a problem, but good grief, Manning has nothing to prove with what he can or can't do at this point....well, he does need to prove he can still play I suppose.
And really, if you get a healthy Manning, wouldn't you bend your system just a bit if he didn't "fit" it anyway? He's Peyton freaking Manning.

reminds me when bill walsh said that marino was the system.

People throw way too much into this "system" talk. You find what works. You don't run a certain system because you want to, you tailor the system to fit the players you have. Given that we all assume Philbin to be the offensive mind that he is, Peyton would do just fine in our "system."

People throw way too much into this "system" talk. You find what works. You don't run a certain system because you want to, you tailor the system to fit the players you have. Given that we all assume Philbin to be the offensive mind that he is, Peyton would do just fine in our "system."

Good point.

It obviously wasn't a very knowledgeable football fan to have asked such a ridiculous question to which anyone with any football knowledge (fan or otherwise) would know. If I were Polian, I would've asked if the person was joking or not.

P. Manning would probably get my vote as the smartest QB to ever play in the NFL. He calls audibles like nobody else, and reads defenses like nobody else. I remember a few years ago when the Phins had the ball on offense for 45 minutes to the Colt's 15 minutes, and Peyton still killed us and won the game for the Colts.

Seems like a lot of you are still holding on to the blind hope that Peyton's arm will wake up and be able to extend Miami's lack of future at this position for two more years.

Philbin and Sherman will tailor the offense to Peyton's strengths and use our players accordingly. If we are lacking a certain type of player in the passing game, Ireland will try to fill that void. All that said, I think the Fins will lean on the rushing attack early on in the season to take some of the pressure off of Peyton and until all the working parts(no pun) are working smoothly.

And yet people are still trying to argue we shouldn't pursue a sub 100% Manning....oye. Sign Manning, draft a development QB, there's your fracking system right there. There would be no learning curve of a season like Rg3, Luck, and Newton had/will have, we'll still have our young guy, and we'll be free to take BPA or even trade down and have a solid draft with no QB woes hanging over our heads.

Back
Top Bottom