Bill Simmon rips the Tuna and the fish | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Simmon rips the Tuna and the fish

From Simmons' NFL picks column today. Feel the hate:

Which makes me wonder if the Delhomme era is really over. The Panthers are getting six points in Atlanta this weekend. In Monday's B.S. Report, Cousin Sal wanted to make Carolina our Underdog Upset Pick of the Week.
...The more I thought about it, it's actually a brilliant pick. Atlanta's stock is high because it trounced a potentially lousy Miami team in Week 1. (Red Flag No. 1.) Carolina's stock is low ONLY because it stunk in Week 1. (Red Flag No. 2.) This game means infinitely more to Carolina than Atlanta. (Red Flag No. 3.) Atlanta is battling secondary problems that Miami's pathetic passing game failed to exploit … but those problems still exist. (Red Flag No. 4.) Nobody -- repeat: nobody -- believes in the Panthers right now. (Red Flag No. 5.) Every gambler alive will be putting the Falcons in a 6-point teaser on Sunday. (Red Flag No. 6.) And you're laughing as you read this paragraph because you can't believe Simmons is dumb enough to back Jake Delhomme. (Red Flag No. 7.)

Colts (-3) over DOLPHINS
The Dolphins' offense is like watching two drunk people try to fool around. Just a lot of thrashing and apologizing. Their defining moment of Week 1: the Wildcat finally working … and Pat White sailing a bomb 15 yards over Ted Ginn's head. Long season ahead for the Dolphins. That was the worst team I watched last week other than St. Louis.

While our offense and special teams were wretched, our defense showed up huge, especially when you consider the holes the offense's futility kept putting them in. I don't expect our offense to be explosive. But here's hoping against the Colts they can establish a rhythm and move the chains efficiently. And ST has to give us better starting field position ... we're not going to be engineering a lot of 80- and 90-yard TD drives, we need short fields.

I know one thing: I'm going to be at the MNF game yelling my head off ... where are you going to be?

He's biased towards the Patriots. This is why he has no positive things to say about the Dolphins.

LOL, Bill Simmons picked Denver to finish 10-6 and make the playoffs, while picking the Dolphins to go 9-7. So he thinks the Denver Broncos are a better football team than the Miami Dolphins. I know we're not exactly the Steelers here, but really- c'mon.

Us going 9-7 would be more impressive than the Broncos going 10-6 because we have a much more difficult schedule. So even if he has them with a better record that doesn't mean that he believes that they are the better team.

It's tough to argue that our offense looked as bad as anybody last week. The Falcons D is not that good. I'll be pleasantly surprised if we manage to beat the Colts. Hopefully we come up with a better game plan than last week.

Not that I know/care who that guy is, but what's so AWFUL about him picking us to go 9-7?

And why are you so offended that he called us "a potentially lousy Miami team"? He's not even saying we're bad, he's saying we might be bad.

They would deserve to be 2-0 and we wuld deserve to be 0-2.. I dont know how you can sit there and say an 0-2 team is better than a 2-0 team, in any regard.. I can understand drinking the koolaid, if this scenario did pan out, i would probably try to argue the same as you

This is an idiotic statement if I ever heard one!!! It's called a little luck, they got lucky last week and u know it, if they were to pull off another win like that next week and win, and we lose a close one the COLTS, whether we are 0-2 or not, we are still the better team overall than the Denver Broncos, we have the better D hands down and offensively, we are better than the Broncos. So please don't post drivel, it makes you look dumb.

He's biased towards the Patriots. This is why he has no positive things to say about the Dolphins.

Agreed. Bill Simmons isn't even funny. His ****ty articles are laced with his attempts at "humor" and stupid 80's movie references.

Bill simmons is full of crap he pisses of a lot of coaches at the college level and he is as about as usefull as a used cigerette

Back
Top Bottom