Billick: Ryan Tannehill hype recalls JaMarcus Russell | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Billick: Ryan Tannehill hype recalls JaMarcus Russell

Wasn't it that stats don't tell the full story? You have to watch the games? Blah blah blah

can you actually read what I wrote please? where did I say he'll be jamarcus Russell?

putting the #s aside he has failed in late game crucial situations in pretty much every game, is that good?

after Russell's first 5 starts:

77-130, 59%, 892 yds, 5 TDs, 2 INTs, 86.4 rating

Tannehill:
97-169, 57%, 1269 yds, 2 TDs, 6 INTs, 70.4 rating

I'm not saying he will be jamarcus Russell, I think Tannehill has shown more than enough to think he will be pretty good but it just shows the daner of annointing guys too soon.

It's funny that you keep coming out here trying to quell the excitement about Tannehill...are you trying to make yourself feel better about Sanchez? Or are you just jealous?

It's funny that you keep coming out here trying to quell the excitement about Tannehill...are you trying to make yourself feel better about Sanchez? Or are you just jealous?

trying to help you guys not place unreal expectations on another player. Ryan may turn out to be great but that is TBD, all the stuff you are saying about Ryan you said about henne 3 years ago.

Jim Irsay called Ryan Tannehill a "hidden gem" and a "quiet secret" destined for the No. 3 pick in April's draft, but the Colts owner does not coach football games. Neither does Brian Billick, but he used to, and when he looks at the Texas A&M quarterback, a very dubious comparison comes to mind. JaMarcus Russell, perhaps the biggest draft bust in NFL history.Billick, an NFL Network analyst, appeared on ESPN's "Mike and Mike" show Thursday and said Tannehill reminds him of Russell because they "both shot up draft boards based on how they looked in shorts."Russell underachieved in every sense of the word, and the Oakland Raiders don't get a free pass on taking him with the top overall pick in 2007.Billick shouldn't receive a free pass for his track record drafting QBs, either. With the Baltimore Ravens from 1999 to 2007, the list includes Chris Redman (2000), Wes Pate (2002), Kyle Boller (19th overall in 2003), Josh Harris (2004), Derek Anderson (2005) and Troy Smith (2007). Not exactly a carnival of celebrated arms. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...-ryan-tannehill-hype-recalls-jamarcus-russell

F-You Billick....he is just a grumpy bitter old man, who was fired as a head coach and is now unable to find an NFL job, so he is just bitter. JaMarcus Russell got fat and lazy once the Raiders paid him millions of dollars. Tannehill is just the opposite. Who cares what this D-Bag has to say.

trying to help you guys not place unreal expectations on another player. Ryan may turn out to be great but that is TBD, all the stuff you are saying about Ryan you said about henne 3 years ago.

At least we know for certain that Tannehill will be a better QB than Sanchez and Tebow. He already is based on his five games that I have seen.

God DAMN youre an epic ****ing TROLL! Go find a jests board somewhere bro.

Talk **** now while you still can because were about to start dominating on the reg for the next 10-15 years while the Jests will be in the tank year in and year out.

I think most on here were enamored by Henne's arm not necessarily his decision making or his leadership. Tannehill is doing things Henne never did, and doing them well. It's not just the mobility, the accuracy at which he throws or the fact that he stands tall in the pocket and delivers passes when he knows he's going to get hit, throws with anticipation...things Henne never displayed on a consistent basis or didn't display at all...but the kid is audibling (if that's a word), calling out protections, spending a lot of time in the film room studying defenses (he hasn't really been surprised by anything teams have thrown at him so far) and displaying leadership and a personality that Henne never did. Tannehill's not a finished product but he's already better than Chad Henne because of all the little things he does that Henne didn't do.

The two are nothing alike at all.

ETA; Tannehill has more than a 1/4 of the yards Russell compiled in three years.

can you actually read what I wrote please? where did I say he'll be jamarcus Russell?

putting the #s aside he has failed in late game crucial situations in pretty much every game, is that good?

You're the master of having it both ways. You say you aren't admitting Tannehill will be Russel but you compare them anyway. Why make the comparison in the first place?

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

Ahhh, it's all for the good of the board and our psyche. You're a sweetheart

What cracks me up is even his basis of comparison isnt true. Russell was a first round pick before the combine ever happened. He was coming off a very good year in college and a national championship. His talent was obvious. Its not like he came out of nowhere after the combine.

At least we know for certain that Tannehill will be a better QB than Sanchez and Tebow. He already is based on his five games that I have seen.

so his 2 TDs w/ 6 INts and failures in late game situations have proven it to you? good to know.

God DAMN youre an epic ****ing TROLL! Go find a jests board somewhere bro.

Talk **** now while you still can because were about to start dominating on the reg for the next 10-15 years while the Jests will be in the tank year in and year out.

I am not talking s**t, I am talking reality. Nowhere have I said Tannehill won't be good, I just want him to prove something.

You're the master of having it both ways. You say you aren't admitting Tannehill will be Russel but you compare them anyway. Why make the comparison in the first place?

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

Ahhh, it's all for the good of the board and our psyche. You're a sweetheart

People forget that folks were high on Russell early in his carere, Ryan leaf was annointed early and was on the cover of SI. 2,3,4,5,6 games is not enough time to properly evaluate. If you guys want to go crazy henne style then go ahead, if he doesn't pan out don't say I didn't warn you about annointing guys too soon.

Again, I THINK he'll be a good one but you guys are talking like it's a guarantee and it's not.

Shut Up Billick!!! You've been chewing on sour grapes,ever since our Fin's didn't choose you!!! Go find a hole somewhere(preferably one with a toilet seat)and crawl in there......"AND DON'T FORGET TO FLUSH"!!!!!

even when this quote was initially said, I don't really see it. Tannehill was a bit of a late riser into the top 10 and it wasn't until the weeks leading up to the draft he was a consideration for the top 3. It's also fair to say people really didn't pay attention to Tannehill until Matt Barkley said he was staying in school.

As soon as Russell and LSU obliterated Notre Dame in the Sugar Bowl people were saying if JaMarcus entered the draft he would be the first overall pick.

Now if we are talking about QB risers, Kyle Boller from what I remember (and I was like 12 so I'm probably wrong here) Boller wasn't considered a potential first rounder until after his senior season and then raised a bit more after his workouts.

I notice he didnt bring this up in his interview with Philbin yesterday :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom