Bills Fan Take on the game | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills Fan Take on the game

BillsFanInPeace

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Before I start a couple programming notes:

1. I hope Tua is OK and ready to play Sunday for you all.
2. I know some might attack me here that's fine, just my take on what I saw.
3. Reference the Bills offense and I will mention this a couple more times when I get into that looking at your defense, the Bills spent all day Saturday putting new plays into the offensive game plan. Not sure what prompted this, if it was the actual weather or something else the coaches saw on the tape while flying in, something made them make major additions to the game plan on Saturday though.

Fun Stat from the Game: Last Bills Shutout on the road was in 2016, Also in the AFCE and against the Jacoby Brissett led Patriots.

I will start with the guy that gets the most talk here, Tua - I don't think there is any difference in the game if he stays healthy, the only thing that stopped the free runners at the QB was the Bills stopping calling them those blitzes. They had a very DB blitz heavy scheme designed right into RPOs, this was something on tape, that Defense referenced multiple times in pressers, that the game plan was made for pressure schemes right into the RPOs. OK that is enough about Tua.

You Offense

I thought your OL was better than what I saw Sunday, maybe I was wrong, maybe Sunday was worse then normal but Man where they bad. And they were BAD as a collective group. But some specific plays that stand out to me; there where three plays where Star took on a Center, and BOTH OGs and didn't give up a yard, allowing everyone else handle the run. Your 4th downs the Bills DL was playing in the backfield. Every running play I saw the Bills DL (who I have not been happy with for awhile) reset the line 1 to 2 yards in the backfield. There was no Anchor in the interior, they got pushed around. Your LT - His hands here soft and very slow, when he did get them on the Bills rusher those hands were reset. I specifically remember this often with Epenesa, I watch him specifically in all my re-watches, as the Bills have told their fans this is a MUCH different player, he lost some weight, added power and is much more explosive then when he was a rookie, and I saw that, but I also saw his hand skills against your LT, and he ALWAYS won those hand fights getting Jacksons hands off him. Your RT, was HORRIBLE in the first half, decisions where bad, would pick the wrong man to block often and would let to many free runners, one being Epenesa to have a clean hit that put Tua out. Bills rush schemes where designed on the edge to combat the RPOs so because of this your OTs needed to play solid and smart. Second half seemed better on the RT, but also there was an adjustment to help with chipping with the TE, which takes Gesicki out of being a threat in the passing game if he is chipping or helping.

It looked very out of Sync, I am not sure if that is all on Tua leaving the game (while it could be as BUs do not get a lot of reps), but there is no flow in playcalls, nothing that builds on each other in a drive, looks very fragmented and calls made that make no sense with the flow of the game, I am not sure if this is the Co-OC thing, but I would really like to know more about the logistics of this, as Who is calling plays (both)? Can one OC say no to the other and have that authority? It is a little weird, the Bills have a passing game coordinator (Dorsey) will get more into that in the Defensive breakdown as I think it is important with what we are seeing with the Bills offense, But come Sunday, Daboll is in complete control of that offense and what plays are being called. I think that command structure is needed.

Your Defense

I underestimated how much better your DBs are this year compared to last, and really the change was replacing McCain. This defense will make many QBs struggle, there was very little eye candy from your defense presnap (like the ameba thing last year), but I think that was to the Defenses benefit, they are playing simple and allowing them to play fast. I would love to see it against a Bills offense firing on all cylinders in the passing game, but they (Bills) are not there yet I think there is still some learning pains going on here with Dorsey and Allen putting in the Passing game all week. And that is why I think there was new plays put into the game script on Saturday, I think Daboll said Ok I want these plays in as well, So while Allen hasn't really looked great yet I think some of that can go to this simple fact (as they were going to use this year to get Dorsey ready for installing offenses and the goal was to let him call plays in games this year as well to get him ready for next year under than anticipation that Daboll leaves for a HC spot. One play that was mentioned to have been put in Saturday was Singletarys TD Run. While I have a ton of praise for your back end, there is nothing in that front 7 that did anything to really press the Bills. I would give yourself some time with Phillips, I can see the talent there, I hope he can make the transition to this Hybrid OLB, not many can.

Coaching
I liked Flo Hire, but there is something to be said about ending the season with the playoffs on the line and getting drubbed by BUs then coming back in this year and playing uninspired football. All I read all week was how embarrassed Fins were in week 17 and look for Flo to have them ready. The Fins came out Flat and uninspired, and looked like they didn't want to be playing in that weather more than it looked like the Bills didn't want to play in that weather. That would be concerning for me, I am not saying it would have led to a win, But damn they looked like they didn't even want to play that game, that IS on coaching.

Fans
Thanks for the Home Game, I would guess at least 50/50 if not more it was loud on TV when Bills scored, and when they were on Defense.

Fire Away

You have a very well-rounded team. McDermott seems to be developing into a very good game day/bounce back game coach.

Our offense line is what it is until proven otherwise. The Pats and Bills were both able to get pressure.

I re-watched the game last night and i noticed whenever our QB adjusted the strongside protection there seemed to be a call on your defense for the closest weakside DB to crash and it worked for nearly the whole first half. Your coaches must of saw something on film in the NE game and our coaches didn't seem to figure it out. I have to say i'm surprised how badly we have regressed since 2019 in the coaching department, we seem to be consistently getting outcoached or it's a push. It seems like Chad O'Shea and Patrick Graham were more integral to the improvement of the team in 2019 than they get credit for by the fans.

The Fins came out Flat and uninspired, and looked like they didn't want to be playing in that weather more than it looked like the Bills didn't want to play in that weather. That would be concerning for me, I am not saying it would have led to a win, But damn they looked like they didn't even want to play that game, that IS on coaching.
That's the takeaway more people need to have. This loss is squarely on coaching.

3. Reference the Bills offense and I will mention this a couple more times when I get into that looking at your defense, the Bills spent all day Saturday putting new plays into the offensive game plan. Not sure what prompted this, if it was the actual weather or something else the coaches saw on the tape while flying in, something made them make major additions to the game plan on Saturday though.

Fun Stat from the Game: Last Bills Shutout on the road was in 2016, Also in the AFCE and against the Jacoby Brissett led Patriots.

I will start with the guy that gets the most talk here, Tua - I don't think there is any difference in the game if he stays healthy, the only thing that stopped the free runners at the QB was the Bills stopping calling them those blitzes. They had a very DB blitz heavy scheme designed right into RPOs, this was something on tape, that Defense referenced multiple times in pressers, that the game plan was made for pressure schemes right into the RPOs. OK that is enough about Tua.

You Offense

I thought your OL was better than what I saw Sunday, maybe I was wrong, maybe Sunday was worse then normal but Man where they bad. And they were BAD as a collective group. But some specific plays that stand out to me; there where three plays where Star took on a Center, and BOTH OGs and didn't give up a yard, allowing everyone else handle the run. Your 4th downs the Bills DL was playing in the backfield. Every running play I saw the Bills DL (who I have not been happy with for awhile) reset the line 1 to 2 yards in the backfield. There was no Anchor in the interior, they got pushed around. Your LT - His hands here soft and very slow, when he did get them on the Bills rusher those hands were reset. I specifically remember this often with Epenesa, I watch him specifically in all my re-watches, as the Bills have told their fans this is a MUCH different player, he lost some weight, added power and is much more explosive then when he was a rookie, and I saw that, but I also saw his hand skills against your LT, and he ALWAYS won those hand fights getting Jacksons hands off him. Your RT, was HORRIBLE in the first half, decisions where bad, would pick the wrong man to block often and would let to many free runners, one being Epenesa to have a clean hit that put Tua out. Bills rush schemes where designed on the edge to combat the RPOs so because of this your OTs needed to play solid and smart. Second half seemed better on the RT, but also there was an adjustment to help with chipping with the TE, which takes Gesicki out of being a threat in the passing game if he is chipping or helping.

It looked very out of Sync, I am not sure if that is all on Tua leaving the game (while it could be as BUs do not get a lot of reps), but there is no flow in playcalls, nothing that builds on each other in a drive, looks very fragmented and calls made that make no sense with the flow of the game, I am not sure if this is the Co-OC thing, but I would really like to know more about the logistics of this, as Who is calling plays (both)? Can one OC say no to the other and have that authority? It is a little weird, the Bills have a passing game coordinator (Dorsey) will get more into that in the Defensive breakdown as I think it is important with what we are seeing with the Bills offense, But come Sunday, Daboll is in complete control of that offense and what plays are being called. I think that command structure is needed.

Your Defense

I underestimated how much better your DBs are this year compared to last, and really the change was replacing McCain. This defense will make many QBs struggle, there was very little eye candy from your defense presnap (like the ameba thing last year), but I think that was to the Defenses benefit, they are playing simple and allowing them to play fast. I would love to see it against a Bills offense firing on all cylinders in the passing game, but they (Bills) are not there yet I think there is still some learning pains going on here with Dorsey and Allen putting in the Passing game all week. And that is why I think there was new plays put into the game script on Saturday, I think Daboll said Ok I want these plays in as well, So while Allen hasn't really looked great yet I think some of that can go to this simple fact (as they were going to use this year to get Dorsey ready for installing offenses and the goal was to let him call plays in games this year as well to get him ready for next year under than anticipation that Daboll leaves for a HC spot. One play that was mentioned to have been put in Saturday was Singletarys TD Run. While I have a ton of praise for your back end, there is nothing in that front 7 that did anything to really press the Bills. I would give yourself some time with Phillips, I can see the talent there, I hope he can make the transition to this Hybrid OLB, not many can.

Coaching
I liked Flo Hire, but there is something to be said about ending the season with the playoffs on the line and getting drubbed by BUs then coming back in this year and playing uninspired football. All I read all week was how embarrassed Fins were in week 17 and look for Flo to have them ready. The Fins came out Flat and uninspired, and looked like they didn't want to be playing in that weather more than it looked like the Bills didn't want to play in that weather. That would be concerning for me, I am not saying it would have led to a win, But damn they looked like they didn't even want to play that game, that IS on coaching.

Fans
Thanks for the Home Game, I would guess at least 50/50 if not more it was loud on TV when Bills scored, and when they were on Defense.

Fire Away
Good accurate takes on the game. I disagree that the game wouldn’t have been any different with Tua. He had a nice completion called back on a penalty. He made a good read on the play where he was blasted. Our receivers seem to be running to spots that are designed within a play but offer nothing up to the QB on plays where pressure requires a fast read. That’s my one complaint with Waddle. He needs to learn to sit in spots and show his QB a target to bail him out rather than try to run behind the coverage on plays where the QB has no time. Most of our receivers are guilty of this. They miss back shoulder throws and seem like they’re not getting their heads around in time. Tua is a pretty good communicator so I think that could have made a difference Sunday.

All in all we had a lot of miscommunication between our guys on the field and looked uninspired. With the exception of key players on defense and Gaskins. Who I also feel wasn’t utilized properly.

You Offense

Your Defense

Coaching

Fans

Fire Away

congrats. that was an old-fashioned beat down

Good accurate takes on the game. I disagree that the game wouldn’t have been any different with Tua. He had a nice completion called back on a penalty. He made a good read on the play where he was blasted. Our receivers seem to be running to spots that are designed within a play but offer nothing up to the QB on plays where pressure requires a fast read. That’s my one complaint with Waddle. He needs to learn to sit in spots and show his QB a target to bail him out rather than try to run behind the coverage on plays where the QB has no time. Most of our receivers are guilty of this. They miss back shoulder throws and seem like they’re not getting their heads around in time. Tua is a pretty good communicator so I think that could have made a difference Sunday.

All in all we had a lot of miscommunication between our guys on the field and looked uninspired. With the exception of key players on defense and Gaskins. Who I also feel wasn’t utilized properly.
I could see that, I dont think the outcome would have been any different with how the OL looked, there would have been points on the board for MIA that I do agree with, but in totality I think it still would have been a Loss either way, that is just how bad the OL was.

The play where Tua got hurt i thought Waddle ran a good route and Tua made the right read. It would of been a first down assuming Waddle catches the ball.

The problem was Jesse Davis didn't even touch Espinosa and Tua had to force the ball out while Waddle was just about to make his move.

Perhaps an option route that takes a second more to develop was not the right call given what had unfolded up to that point, but you also don't imagine Jesse Davis will go full blown matador.

You Offense

Your Defense

Coaching

Fans

Fire Away
Thanks for being respectful and not gloating...

You Offense

Your Defense

Coaching

Fans

Fire Away

I can summarize everything talked about here into a few simple points.

This Dolphins team needs an offensive line. It has had the same need for a decade. A DECADE.

The Bills, as a team and a franchise, well I got nothing clean to say. I hate your team because when they aren't worth a damn and have little to play for, they have always come in and beat up on certain key positions and generally left their opponents worse off even if they got blown out. So f--k your Bills. I would have made sure Josh Allen's arm ended up clear up his ass. Not his throwing arm. Necessarily. Just whichever one. At the time. Yup. Clear up his ass.

Back to the Dolphins. You thought they were better and you liked the Flo hire -- well guess what? In just a couple or a few games I've seen enough. It's not a well-coached batch of players. This team still has receivers who aren't running the right routes. They don't run good clean routes when their number's not called. Then there's little things that receivers used to do or that they do when they're on a world class quality football team. Anybody even wondered why our receivers don't bat the f'ing football down or away when it's up for grabs? In two games, I'm f'ing tired of seeing opposing db's with better ball skills than our actual receivers. Bat a damn ball into the ground some time to avoid a bad turnover. I just don't see good clean fundamentals from this team. I remember and time and an era when punt returners who fumble and receivers who dropped a pass that hit their hands might be cut the following day -- not saying that's the right way to build a team, but when a team is sloppy in the basics you've got to clean it up.

That brings me back to Flo and more importantly Grier. How you do the little things and how you do things when it doesn't matter has a tendency to show up when it matters. This team is not fit to hang with the winners, and that has absolutely nothing to do with Tua. We're stacked at receiver, and we've got plenty of decent running backs. The problem is that teams can get into the back field in less than 2 seconds. Do you know any QBs who, on average, pass the ball in under 2 seconds? Is that offense any good?? This team and the guys running it are hopeless.

I said I would summarize, but I've given my piece of mind. Flush these turds. I'm not given to hyperbole, either. There is no excuse and no case when a team should lose 35-0 if they're not in the hunt for high draft picks. Teams trying to win don't do like they did yesterday, fans.

Second half RT was better because it was a different player. Jesse Davis was the first half starter. He's a long time Phin who has been a capable backup, often thrust into a starting role because of just how bad the oline talent has been.

I have no idea why he was so bad yesterday. While he's never been starter material, I'm pretty sure he's never looked as inept as he did yesterday.

Similarly, while the oline is bad, I don't think I've ever seen them play this poorly before. And I've yet to hear or think of an explanation.

You Offense

Your Defense

Coaching

Fans

Fire Away
No offense but why don't you take your thoughts to the Bills site this week pal? You got your ounce of flesh now, twaddle off.

Back
Top Bottom