Bills fans coming.... | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills fans coming....

No they were talking about after market things. And yeah being down here this place is more of a college football town than an NFL one. Miami will show up for winners (see the Heat as an example). It might be a good investment as to why season ticket holders grabbed some.....however by the look of downtown and the bars Bills fans are all over singing that dang Shout song EVERY FREAKIN time they see someone they haven't seen before in Bills gear.
The Dolphins have always been the number 1 sports team in Miami since they first started playing in 1966. The Hurricanes were a big draw during the years they were consistently a top 10 team but attendance for their games has been down considerably in the past decade.

Stating that this area is more a college town is a joke. Perhaps in Gainesville and Tallahassee that is true because there are no pro sports in those towns but South Florida is much more a professional sports area than it is a college sports area.

It appears you are from Rochester, New York. So your knowledge of the sports scene down here appears to be extremely limited if you actually believe South Florida is a college sports area more than a NFL area.

I have no problem with the Bills fan coming down and enjoying out beautiful location for a few days but soon they will have to return to dreary Buffalo. Those of us fortunate enough to live here will be forever thankful we don’t have to live in Buffalo.

Will Buffalo fans fit in normal seating?

Is there a bariatric section?
Based on the fans they show when they scan the crowd in Buffalo. I think it is a requirement to attend games in Buffalo that you have to be fat and ugly.
I used to think they covered their faces with bags because their team was so bad back then. Now I think they were just covering their faces to hide the ugliness. /s

The Dolphins have always been the number 1 sports team in Miami since they first started playing in 1966. The Hurricanes were a big draw during the years they were consistently a top 10 team but attendance for their games has been down considerably in the past decade.

Stating that this area is more a college town is a joke. Perhaps in Gainesville and Tallahassee that is true because there are no pro sports in those towns but South Florida is much more a professional sports area than it is a college sports area.

It appears you are from Rochester, New York. So your knowledge of the sports scene down here appears to be extremely limited if you actually believe South Florida is a college sports area more than a NFL area.

I have no problem with the Bills fan coming down and enjoying out beautiful location for a few days but soon they will have to return to dreary Buffalo. Those of us fortunate eno

I have no problem with the Bills fan coming down and enjoying out beautiful location for a few days but soon they will have to return to dreary Buffalo. Those of us fortunate enough to live here will be forever thankful we don’t have to live in Buffalo.
WOW you got me!!! I am a snow bird. My wife is from Palmetto Bay and I am from a suburbs of Rochester (Pittsford). We met at college. I have 2 children. My family has had season tickets for the Buffalo Bills since 1974.

I currently live in Pinecrest and have two season tickets to the Dolphins in Section 141. I like sushi, a fine bourbon and nice strolls in Matheson Hammock Park. Anything else you want to know about me? So yeah I know about this area sucking for fans until the team is good. Most of the people down here don't quite think that this team is there.

Do YOU have season tickets? It seems obvious to me that you have no real pulse of the season ticket mentality towards this team.

I can’t walk down the street without seeding ten Bills fans. they’re EVERYWHERE and they’re OBNOXIOUS! Fat drunk loud mouths on every corner in red and blue.

Yeah they're gross and they have absolutely zero swag. Buncha cromagnons lol

Send em back to buffahole with an L

If you buy season tickets, you can sell them to whoever you want. How would you know who the person you are selling the tickets to is a fan of?
Also it’s not going to be 50/50. That stadium is going to be rocking like we have never seen since the orange bowl days if we’re playing well. This town hasn’t seen a good dolphin team in 30 years.

I live in NJ. I fly to Fort Lauderdale for 5 games a year. I sell my other 3 games to pay for my season tickets, and have no idea what fan is buying them. If it wasn’t for the 3 games I sell, I would not be able to swing the 4 games I get to go too.

As far as the bills fans this weekend. They travel well and have taken over the bars in Fort Lauderdale. However, remember they are all tourist and will be at tourist spots. I expect tomorrow to be rocking with locals and for 85% to be Fin fans.

Miami is inundated with villa fans because they spent their life savings and income on only bills related stuff. Good for them , they need a vacation sometimes too

Yeah, I saw more than a few fights there. Did you ever pre game at Julie's Trojan Barrel? Huge place that had both an indoor and outdoor bar. Was owned by ex Bear Ed O'Bradovich. Was a USC bar. I think it's been tore down now. It had that tunnel out the front door to get under the street over to the Coliseum. That was a nice bar/restaurant.
Never pregame, but been there a few times. Did a masters at SC. Closed around 2000, or so.

If people are willing to pay crazy prices for certain games…there will always be those willing to sell.

The economy we currently are suffering with makes it more likely someone sells…..

Bills mafia. Smh. Sounds like something a high school team would come up with. Is it that impressive for their fans to travel to sunny southern Florida in the fall when their team is odds favorite for the bowl? It's more impressive that they show up at their home games in December.

WOW you got me!!! I am a snow bird. My wife is from Palmetto Bay and I am from a suburbs of Rochester (Pittsford). We met at college. I have 2 children. My family has had season tickets for the Buffalo Bills since 1974.

I currently live in Pinecrest and have two season tickets to the Dolphins in Section 141. I like sushi, a fine bourbon and nice strolls in Matheson Hammock Park. Anything else you want to know about me? So yeah I know about this area sucking for fans until the team is good. Most of the people down here don't quite think that this team is there.

Do YOU have season tickets? It seems obvious to me that you have no real pulse of the season ticket mentality towards this team.
I had season tickets for 45 years and attended over 500 games between the Dolphins and Hurricanes. Unfortunately due to some health issues because of getting older I can no longer attend games in person.

I was at the very first game the Dolphins ever played in 1966 and only missed some games when I was in the military from 1968-1971. The only other home game I did not attend until I unfortunately had to give up my season tickets 4 years ago was the day my daughter was born in1977.

So I think I have a very good pulse on the season ticket mentality in South Florida as I am sure it hasn’t changed much in the last 4 years.

The fact you stated that Miami is more a college area than an NFL area clearly shows me that you really don’t know nearly as much about this area as you claim. Since I have lived in South Florida for the last 61 years, except for the 3 years I was in the the military. I am sure there really isn’t anything you can tell me about the pulse here in South Florida I don’t already know.

We have a lot of New York transplants down here who love to think they know more than they actually know about South Florida.

Last edited:
Who wouldn't jump at the chance to get out of Buffalo for a few days.........
A tale as old as time. Ever notice that the fanbases who "travel well" pretty much all live in dreadful places? Much easier for a guy in Buffalo to convince the old lady to go to the Dolphins game if it also means some beach time

It's All About money, if the team wants more dolphin fans they should first worry about the team record since Marino.

After that they should only reserve certain % of the stadium to season ticket holders like 30 % , the Other 60 % sell with Discount to Florida residents and 10 % neutral.

But I Know the profit is more important..

Back
Top Bottom