Bill's fans take on the first half | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill's fans take on the first half

Crisis

Hair Crisis!
Reaction score
First off I'd like to say this is by no means meant as smack! This is the first live football I've watched in a year so I couldn't resist. It was either this or Pimp My Ride re-runs on MTV. :rofl3: I was out with a friend who just came back in town and started watching the game with 7 minutes left in the 1st Quarter.

I think Feeley is much improved from last year. He has happy feet, but he wasn't horrible. I admit I did laugh when he ducked under Urlacher rushing him (who wouldn't?) but was filled with guilt after I realised he was hurt on the play. Good thing it wasn't serious. ;)

On the OL, Houck has his work cut out for him. I'd say he'd need to work on the running game, but there'd have to be one first. The runningbacks weren't very impressive but it's not like they had anywhere to go. Pass-blocking was average, just need some work picking up blitzes.

As for the RBs, Ricky looks like a shell of his former self. He looks nothing like the unique power/speed combo he had two years ago. He seems so much easier to bring down. As has been said in here, RBs picking up the blitz seems like a lost-art to Lamar Gordon (:goof: Not Ronnie Brown). He was lost like Michael Vick in the pocket.

David Boston and Gilmore really impressed me. Boston was running good routes, making great cuts and had some speed. If he can stay healthy he and Chambers can form a very good 1-2 punch, with Booker playing the slot.

On the DL, I thought you guys were very average. I didn't notice how much JT played, but it seemed like Grossman and Hutchinson had all day throw back there. The only times you got pressure was when Hutchinson was pitching a tent in the pocket. I also wasn't very impressed with the run defense, Jones looked like an all-pro on some plays bouncing it outside.

The secondary is going to be a huge weakness on this team. Multiple times you were burnt deep. If only Chicago had a QB who could hit that pass. Speed might be a problem in your secondary.

Overall, I wasn't very impressed. I know you guys know that I like to come here to take some shots at the Phins, but I honestly was expecting more out of the team.

And now, I just realised I wasted 15 minutes writing a post about a meaningless game that has nothing to do with the Bills. I think I'll go crawl back in my hole. :(

Pretty good, unbias analysis. I agree with what you're saying because that's what I noticed also, the good and the bad with Miami's preformance.

I agree with your analysis and find it very objective. I wasn't overly impressed myself but this is the very first preseason game and I expect things will get better prior to the start of the season. Anyone who can draw one conclusion from this game should quit their day job and become a pro fottball coach. There's a ton of time to improve and I EXPECT the Dolphins will.

I basically agree with everything.

That said, I think the Bears sorta played "Shorts All-Americans" as my high school coach would say tonight. They were blitzing at least 2 guys almost every down, and this is the first preseason game. They have a right to do whatever they want, but I don't think we were expecting that this early.

Crisis said:
First off I'd like to say this is by no means meant as smack! This is the first live football I've watched in a year so I couldn't resist. It was either this or Pimp My Ride re-runs on MTV. :rofl3: I was out with a friend who just came back in town and started watching the game with 7 minutes left in the 1st Quarter.

I think Feeley is much improved from last year. He has happy feet, but he wasn't horrible. I admit I did laugh when he ducked under Urlacher rushing him (who wouldn't?) but was filled with guilt after I realised he was hurt on the play. Good thing it wasn't serious. ;)

On the OL, Houck has his work cut out for him. I'd say he'd need to work on the running game, but there'd have to be one first. The runningbacks weren't very impressive but it's not like they had anywhere to go. Pass-blocking was average, just need some work picking up blitzes.

As for the RBs, Ricky looks like a shell of his former self. He looks nothing like the unique power/speed combo he had two years ago. He seems so much easier to bring down. As has been said in here, RBs picking up the blitz seems like a lost-art to Ronnie Brown. He was lost like Michael Vick in the pocket.

David Boston and Gilmore really impressed me. Boston was running good routes, making great cuts and had some speed. If he can stay healthy he and Chambers can form a very good 1-2 punch, with Booker playing the slot.

On the DL, I thought you guys were very average. I didn't notice how much JT played, but it seemed like Grossman and Hutchinson had all day throw back there. The only times you got pressure was when Hutchinson was pitching a tent in the pocket. I also wasn't very impressed with the run defense, Jones looked like an all-pro on some plays bouncing it outside.

The secondary is going to be a huge weakness on this team. Multiple times you were burnt deep. If only Chicago had a QB who could hit that pass. Speed might be a problem in your secondary.

Overall, I wasn't very impressed. I know you guys know that I like to come here to take some shots at the Phins, but I honestly was expecting more out of the team.

And now, I just realised I wasted 15 minutes writing a post about a meaningless game that has nothing to do with the Bills. I think I'll go crawl back in my hole. :(

Ronnie Brown isn't playing. :rolleyes:

Yeah Ricky is a shell of his former self.... :rolleyes: Nice to know that you can tell that by watching a couple of plays in the HOF game....

Don't worry....He will probably only run for 185 yards against your bills instead of the usual 225.

Section126 said:
Yeah Ricky is a shell of his former self.... :rolleyes: Nice to know that you can tell that by watching a couple of plays in the HOF game....

Don't worry....He will probably only run for 185 yards against your bills instead of the usual 225.

You sound pretty sensitive about it. It was an analysis on the 1st half of the 1st preseason game. Take it for what it's worth.

And Ricky can run for as many yards as he wants, didn't do you guys any good last time.

Crisis said:
You sound pretty sensitive about it. It was an analysis on the 1st half of the 1st preseason game. Take it for what it's worth.

And Ricky can run for as many yards as he wants, didn't do you guys any good last time.

We shall see.

It's the first preseason game. I care more about how the team does in the second to last one. That is the tell all game of the preseason if there ever were one.

I'm shocked that even the Bills fans are playing this Boston #2 garbage. I'm pleased Boston looked good out there, but Booker was hardly chopped liver and will be the WR starting alongside Chambers.

Thats a pretty fair assessment of this game, lets see if it holds true. I def. agree that things like deep speed and Qb could be a very big issue with this group.

Jimmy James said:
I'm shocked that even the Bills fans are playing this Boston #2 garbage. I'm pleased Boston looked good out there, but Booker was hardly chopped liver and will be the WR starting alongside Chambers.

IMO Booker was good but Boston looked much better, and has more potential. I like Booker playing the slot, and Boston as a deep threat to compliment Chambers.

I agree, the secondary is going to be a problem, especially the safties, hopefully we can shuffel out the players we dont want and have a good secondary.

Back
Top Bottom