Bill's fans take on the first half | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill's fans take on the first half

Crisis said:
IMO Booker was good but Boston looked much better, and has more potential. I like Booker playing the slot, and Boston as a deep threat to compliment Chambers.

Maybe I should take this in stride. It's nice to have a WR who will sneak up on teams like Booker does. Clearly, the depth chart is on my side of the argument, at least at this point.

i think i can agree with you on the miami assessment...but man i've seen 3 guys the bears have marched out there than can really air it out.

Jimmy James said:
Maybe I should take this in stride. It's nice to have a WR who will sneak up on teams like Booker does. Clearly, the depth chart is on my side of the argument, at least at this point.

Ricky is 4th on the depth chart at this point. I'll bet you that changes.

Crisis said:
IMO Booker was good but Boston looked much better, and has more potential. I like Booker playing the slot, and Boston as a deep threat to compliment Chambers.

Agree, whats wrong with Booker at three anyways, but it doesn't bother me with who is no.2 or three becuase Linehan like the Wr sets, but Booker wouldn be much better off working the slots, becuasse isn't fast but he has good hands, and would be a great possesin receiver, whereas Chambers and Boston both have the speed to be deep threats.

Jimmy James said:
I don't see any Pro Bowlers ahead of him. The situation is different at WR.

He's also failed to record more than 52 receptions in a year since then.

Booker will be a good reciever though, he looked good in the game, and I think he will rebound from last season.

I think Booker is going to be a great inside the Red Zone Reciever for us, Definately a slot reciever. If Boston is the real deal again, having him and chambers line up on the outside gives me goosebumps.

If both go long who do you double?
CHubby

cltchperf said:
Agree, whats wrong with Booker at three anyways, but it doesn't bother me with who is no.2 or three becuase Linehan like the Wr sets, but Booker wouldn be much better off working the slots, becuasse isn't fast but he has good hands, and would be a great possesin receiver, whereas Chambers and Boston both have the speed to be deep threats.

The problem is the complete lack of respect for a damned good receiver just because he doesn't have the apparent tools that make the fans swoon like speed or size. In the two years since his Pro Bowl appearance, Marty Booker has still had good seasons even though he was hindered by a nagging ankle injury and was sabotaged by the Bears by sending him to a team with no offensive coordinator and a coach with his head up an oriface that will get bleeped here.

If this were about Booker vs. Chambers, I could understand. Chambers has posted up inferior stats over his career, but at least he is a Miami product. This isn't about Chambers, though -- it's about Boston. David Boston has been on the team a camp longer than Booker and has been a bad actor rather than a good one his whole career. David Boston is the guy who has had serious injuries plague him. It makes no sense whatsoever for anybody to be chasing his 1600 yard season based on all that has transpired since it happened.

I don't care where Booker lines up when three receivers are on the field. What I care about is that he is on the field as much as possible. He gets lost in the secondary and does damage. He runs after the catch as though he were a running back taking the handoff. He gives the team an occasional WR option pass capability that is both exciting and effective. He is well deserving of a starting role in this offense.

I don't even care what a Bills fan thinks about us in a regular season game, much less a game where the Dolphins have been in practice for only 2 or so weeks. It's only b/c it was on ABC that some of these yoyos think this game actually meant anything.

Take it for what it's worth, we were up 17-7 with 2nd stringers in. I wouldn't have cared if we won or lost.

Remember now guys, this was the first game with players playing in new systems and with a new coaching staff. Of course the players are gonna struggle in the game. But as the weeks go on, the players will get better understanding with the system and coaches. We still have alot of time left.

PhinDude88 said:
Remember now guys, this was the first game with players playing in new systems and with a new coaching staff. Of course the players are gonna struggle in the game. But as the weeks go on, the players will get better understanding with the system and coaches. We still have alot of time left.

Yes, you are correct in that the sky is not falling.
There's a new system, new players, yada, yada, yada.
All that is understood.
However, this early in the preseason with little to no gameplanning by coaching staffs all you have to go on is player vs. player outcomes in the games. In this game it seemed like almost every Phin player was out-muscled and out-hustled. The game was very dissapointing. Hopefully they can improve but like I said before, man for man the Phins looked to have the slower, weaker team... not a good sign.

That secondary....... :shakeno:

Crisis said:
First off I'd like to say this is by no means meant as smack! This is the first live football I've watched in a year so I couldn't resist. It was either this or Pimp My Ride re-runs on MTV. :rofl3: I was out with a friend who just came back in town and started watching the game with 7 minutes left in the 1st Quarter.

I think Feeley is much improved from last year. He has happy feet, but he wasn't horrible. I admit I did laugh when he ducked under Urlacher rushing him (who wouldn't?) but was filled with guilt after I realised he was hurt on the play. Good thing it wasn't serious. ;)

On the OL, Houck has his work cut out for him. I'd say he'd need to work on the running game, but there'd have to be one first. The runningbacks weren't very impressive but it's not like they had anywhere to go. Pass-blocking was average, just need some work picking up blitzes.

As for the RBs, Ricky looks like a shell of his former self. He looks nothing like the unique power/speed combo he had two years ago. He seems so much easier to bring down. As has been said in here, RBs picking up the blitz seems like a lost-art to Lamar Gordon (:goof: Not Ronnie Brown). He was lost like Michael Vick in the pocket.

David Boston and Gilmore really impressed me. Boston was running good routes, making great cuts and had some speed. If he can stay healthy he and Chambers can form a very good 1-2 punch, with Booker playing the slot.

On the DL, I thought you guys were very average. I didn't notice how much JT played, but it seemed like Grossman and Hutchinson had all day throw back there. The only times you got pressure was when Hutchinson was pitching a tent in the pocket. I also wasn't very impressed with the run defense, Jones looked like an all-pro on some plays bouncing it outside.

The secondary is going to be a huge weakness on this team. Multiple times you were burnt deep. If only Chicago had a QB who could hit that pass. Speed might be a problem in your secondary.

Overall, I wasn't very impressed. I know you guys know that I like to come here to take some shots at the Phins, but I honestly was expecting more out of the team.

And now, I just realised I wasted 15 minutes writing a post about a meaningless game that has nothing to do with the Bills. I think I'll go crawl back in my hole. :(
Agreed...good take...cause it matches mine (lol)...now is when we see what Saban can do...will we see marked improvement or a steady diet of mediocrity?...I'll put my money on the former. Go fins.

Back
Top Bottom