Bill's fans take on the first half | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill's fans take on the first half

well crisis i agree with most of your assesments i think the dolphins are 1 year away form being good . this year i think most expectations are a little to high and john madden is right on the money mainly due to our divison. imy expectations are for us to improve greatly next year . on offense i see improvement ,except oline runblocking. on deffense our secondary looked like 60 yr old men. braddley torche the secondary 3 or 4 times. in all honesty i think we may be good but not as good as people are expecting.

Jimmy James said:
The problem is the complete lack of respect for a damned good receiver just because he doesn't have the apparent tools that make the fans swoon like speed or size. In the two years since his Pro Bowl appearance, Marty Booker has still had good seasons even though he was hindered by a nagging ankle injury and was sabotaged by the Bears by sending him to a team with no offensive coordinator and a coach with his head up an oriface that will get bleeped here.

If this were about Booker vs. Chambers, I could understand. Chambers has posted up inferior stats over his career, but at least he is a Miami product. This isn't about Chambers, though -- it's about Boston. David Boston has been on the team a camp longer than Booker and has been a bad actor rather than a good one his whole career. David Boston is the guy who has had serious injuries plague him. It makes no sense whatsoever for anybody to be chasing his 1600 yard season based on all that has transpired since it happened.

I don't care where Booker lines up when three receivers are on the field. What I care about is that he is on the field as much as possible. He gets lost in the secondary and does damage. He runs after the catch as though he were a running back taking the handoff. He gives the team an occasional WR option pass capability that is both exciting and effective. He is well deserving of a starting role in this offense.

no.3 would still be like a startin role, I'm not disrespecting Booker, I think he's good, I would like him to be good, calm down, Does it matter? I just want to see Miami have a good offense, I just think Booker would be a great possesion receiver, the guys definitly not fast, he like average speed. Marty Booker can't really provide a deep threat, I think a Wr has to have some speed at no.2, whereas no.3 runs the intermediate routes underneath, which plays right into Bookers ability. I think Booker deserves a lot of playing time also, which you said you don't neccessarily care how they are lined up as long as Booker is being played, I think he will play quite a bit in the three Wr set under Linehan, he won't forget about him, or he shouldn't anyway.

I'd be worried if this wasn't the first preseason Game, if we look this bad in the third one, I'll start to worry, and I might hold off on the NFL ticket.

Crisis said:
You sound pretty sensitive about it. It was an analysis on the 1st half of the 1st preseason game. Take it for what it's worth.

And Ricky can run for as many yards as he wants, didn't do you guys any good last time.
I will give you the benefit of the doubt and believe that you are trying to be objective, so you must be joking with the idea that you can judge Ricky by watching a couple of plays in the least meaningful game that any two teams will play this year.

If he is healthy and playing at his best ( big "ifs", I know), Boston is by far the more dangerous receiver.At his best, he is a playmaker and a gamebreaker, and I would love to see that from him this year.The advantage to having his speed on the outside is that at least one defender has to go with him on every play, wherever he goes.This of course opens up other areas, and forces the defense to react to what we do. This is not meant to disrespect Booker in any way;I think it is great that we have him. Him being no.3 (a starting role) seems to make the most sense to me. It isn't any kind of pecking order, it is just where he lines up on the field.
Boston at his best, ( I know, I know) is probably the most dangerous weapon we have. It just remains to be seen if Saban can get that kind of performance from him.

:guitar:

paskerbrandon said:
I agree, the secondary is going to be a problem, especially the safties, hopefully we can shuffel out the players we dont want and have a good secondary.

I really don't think we have a fair assesment of our starting safeties yet. We have to see what Tebucky Jones and Lance Schulters will look like as a tandem. My biggest concern is our depth in the secondary. They were horrible in coverage last night.

One more thing. As much as like Bua, if he keeps getting beat in the secondary, I don't see him lasting long with us. He may be a good special teams player, but on Saban's team; you have to be able to play more than one position and Bua hasn't proved that yet.

jtoomuch said:
If he is healthy and playing at his best ( big "ifs", I know), Boston is by far the more dangerous receiver.

This is exactly what I have a problem with. You folks are chasing "dangerousness" because apparently good old fashioned production isn't good enough for you. If Marvin Harrison were on this team, you'd apparently be lamenting the fact that we didn't have Terrell Owens. The same would go for a Hines Ward except that you'd probably want Torry Holt instead of him.

Crisis said:
IMO Booker was good but Boston looked much better, and has more potential. I like Booker playing the slot, and Boston as a deep threat to compliment Chambers.

I agree completely. Boston has the speed to get the YAC. I think he would fit better at #2. Booker is a good guy to play the slot because he has size and pretty good hands. So i guess its not just the Bills fans going for the Boston at #2 thing huh....

:missmeth:

I saw no improvement from AJ when he's under pressure but then again he only had 1 quarter and most his problems were lack of protection and no running game.

I know it was only a preseason game but geez, your OL has to protect your qb's better. Aj was lucky to get away w/ just a bruised butt. Urlacher was looking to rip his head off. Although your qb's weren't sacked a lot, they sure got hit a lot or pressured. Your qb's look like Drew Bledsoe in that pocket. Houck doesn't have a Brees that can move in the pocket or an LT or Gates. McMike will be your imobile qb's best friend. He needs to step up this year.

If you secondary showed signs of things to come, your DL has to do a better job at pressuring. I'm pretty sure Saban didn't even bother showing the rest of the league what his schemes is gonna be like when regular season comes.

I was impressed w/ Berlin. Granted that he was facing 3rd and 4th string players he didn't look like a rookie out there.

My prediction, you'll be drafting your future qb next year. Feeley isn't gonna cut it.

MissMeth said:
I agree completely. Boston has the speed to get the YAC. I think he would fit better at #2. Booker is a good guy to play the slot because he has size and pretty good hands. So i guess its not just the Bills fans going for the Boston at #2 thing huh....

:missmeth:

It never was just the Bills fans -- you're joining a group of Boston loving dreamers who are Dolphins fans as well.

death7star said:
ricky should be #1 on the depth chart. he is the best RB we have right now.
but he wont be playing for 4 games

Boston, Diamond, Gilmore.. We look like the Arizona Cardinals of the AFC east.. j/k

What are RW's stats in the pre-season for his career? I know they are not good. I remember he would get 8-10 yds/gm when he went on to post 1800+yds.

I do agree w/ your eval. But RW does have 2 months to add another 10-15lbs. I also feel RW just wanted to get out healthy like all the others. He will push harder in reg season. We can all guess, but time will tell. Look at Willis and missing time. He had an injury and missed a 1+ year and came on well. RW will do the same. Bring on the smokin' issue! Money says Willis tokes it to, as does 70-80 of the NFL!!!!

Good evaluation though.

Back
Top Bottom