Bill's fans whining about the penalties last night | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill's fans whining about the penalties last night

I agree that the PI was close, but it was the right call. He wrapped his arm and made full body contact before the ball got there, that's PI. Id like an explination as to where were all the penalties that kept the Bills out of the Endzone? If you cant get into the endzone, you have more important things to worry about than the officials.

I agree that the PI was close, but it was the right call. He wrapped his arm and made full body contact before the ball got there, that's PI. Id like an explination as to where were all the penalties that kept the Bills out of the Endzone? If you cant get into the endzone, you have more important things to worry about than the officials.

Yeah, I agree. It was the right call, but was one of those bang bang kind of plays that we never get the call on.

About the PI call. I have a picture on my phone (not going to spend my time getting it here) but the ball is 5 yards away and contact is made. In full speed that is very small margin. I think it was a tough call on the Bills and a bad time, but if you are not going to call that it opens a huge box of worms. Imagine if Ds could jump on guys like that all the time? If that call ends up in the consistently not called category then the passing game in the NFL changes significantly, plus where do you draw the line? It was PI according to the current rules and you have to call it. Makes me cringe a little but that is what it is.
The intention of the current rule is that the receiver have an opportunity to make the catch before he's hit. Wallace got hit just before his opportunity arrived. Pass interference.

P.S. The db has a choice to either play the receiver or play the ball. In this case, he tried to play both. I think that is a part of why it was PI.

Forgot about that. That pic proves the PI was legit, the safety wasn't obvious on first viewing, but it was clear as day on replay Orton heaved it just to avoid the safety and his WR was running the other way, and lastly that Landry TD was too close to call to be overturned without a precise over the top view of the ball when his knee touched.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Bills had some tough calls go against them no doubt but Kyle Orton's ineffectiveness once we started getting pressure was the bigger issue. Tannehill was under consistently more pressure all night and was very effective. Orton just fell apart when we started getting to him. He wasn't going to lead the Bills to any more alone a TD.

So pretty much what the OP is saying, is that our board isnt the only one the goes full Eeyore after a loss.

any advantage we gained with the safety, we lost with Landry's fumble; that PI is bang bang, but its also the definition of being interfered with.

2 calls dont explain losing by double digits. enjoy the winter buffalo.

In my mind the worse call was the offsides on Odrick in the third quarter that moved the Bills into field goal range. Odrick was no where near lining up in the neutral zone.

While I cannot blame them the Bills also had some opportunities to strike back that they did not follow through on. Actuallly our defense shut them down on the 2nd half and either they quit or we just plain dominated which mean the results as far as win or loss would have been the same. I would have to review the game but I swear there was some OL holding on the Bills on the first half plus the 1st qtr there were a lot of calls that went against us.

The intentional grounding was an absurd call. I watched the tape tonight and was impressed that Deion Sanders and Michael Irvin chastised the call in the postgame show, despite Mike Carey's apologetic version that caused Phil Simms to weakly back away.

Like Sanders and Irvin, Simms knew darn well as a former player that the application was ridiculous. If that's the way the league wants the play to be called, the league is moronic. It's every bit as stupid as the thankfully gone tuck rule.

To demonstrate how pathetic it was, nobody near me in the stadium was calling for intentional grounding. Everybody saw how the play unfolded, with the receiver breaking in and the ball thrown anticipating an out break. It was a rowdy one-sided crowd that was begging for pass interference on basic plays all night yet nobody saw intentional grounding there. When there was a penalty call on that play nobody could figure out what it was, and there was literally laughter from a few nearby Dolphin fans upon the announcement of intentional grounding.

The pass interference call later in the game was also a poor call but that type of thing shows up every week. We caught a break. The intentional grounding call didn't jive with the way the game should be officiated, and it wrongly changed the scoreboard.

While watching the tape tonight I thought Buffalo could have been called for holding at least 2-3 times in the 4th quarter, when Miami's pass rush was dictating the game.

The intentional grounding was an absurd call. I watched the tape tonight and was impressed that Deion Sanders and Michael Irvin chastised the call in the postgame show, despite Mike Carey's apologetic version that caused Phil Simms to weakly back away.

Like Sanders and Irvin, Simms knew darn well as a former player that the application was ridiculous. If that's the way the league wants the play to be called, the league is moronic. It's every bit as stupid as the thankfully gone tuck rule.

To demonstrate how pathetic it was, nobody near me in the stadium was calling for intentional grounding. Everybody saw how the play unfolded, with the receiver breaking in and the ball thrown anticipating an out break. It was a rowdy one-sided crowd that was begging for pass interference on basic plays all night yet nobody saw intentional grounding there. When there was a penalty call on that play nobody could figure out what it was, and there was literally laughter from a few nearby Dolphin fans upon the announcement of intentional grounding.

The pass interference call later in the game was also a poor call but that type of thing shows up every week. We caught a break. The intentional grounding call didn't jive with the way the game should be officiated, and it wrongly changed the scoreboard.

While watching the tape tonight I thought Buffalo could have been called for holding at least 2-3 times in the 4th quarter, when Miami's pass rush was dictating the game.

I went back and watched the game. The PI call was borderline. When I saw it on TV w. the replays from behind, it looked like clear PI to me. Then I saw replays from the front and it looked like good defense.

The intentional grounding -- according to Carey "running the wrong route is not an excuse." If that is true, then it's the right call, even if violating pure football (just like the tuck rule violated the spirit of the game).

They all even out. Even the safety turned out golden for the Bills as Landry coughed up yet another return (the man should NOT be returning, imo -- becoming a valuable WR and NOT a burner returner).

LD

The PI was close. I probably wouldn't have called it. But these things even out. Remember Watkins touchback that was ruled a TD in earlier game. Refs robbed Grimes from a great goal line takeaway IMO. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth and a TD drive for TD drive. It all evens out

Back
Top Bottom