Bills Lock Up Another Ol!!ugh!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills Lock Up Another Ol!!ugh!!

alen1

Practice Squad
Reaction score
the bills have signed another lineman and this time its derrick dockery from washington . they signed him for 7 years for 49 million(whoa lil to much imo )........ this makes me sick to my stomach, what are your thoughts ?

p.s steinbach to cleveland for 49.5 million over 7 years

Dockery is the only one of the three that IMO is worth anything. The other two are stopgaps until they get someone better and/or depth players.

I wanted Dockery actually, thats actually not overpaying him by much though. It averages out to 2 million a year. Which is a little much for a guard but when you look at how much Dielman wants it's nothing.

the bills have signed another lineman and this time its derrick dockery from washington who is a good lineman. they signed him for 7 years for 49 million(whoa lil to much imo )........ this makes me sick to my stomach, what are your thoughts ?

p.s steinbach to cleveland for 49.5 million over 7 years

OMG! I hope it's true but there's nothing on the Bills website yet, only that Dockery was meeting with John Guy, one of Bills' personnel honchos ...

Langston Walker and Jason Whittle suck. There respective teams didnt want them and they have crappy O-lines.. Glad we didnt try and sign those Bumbs. Dockery is good but at that rate they can have him.

No try Three Dockery, Langston Walker and Jason Whittle all signed today

The Dolphins single biggest problem over the past five years, has been the porous offensive line. They must re-build the o- line first and then move out from there. It won't be a quick process. I would not count on any play-off games for the fish this season,but we should be used to that by now.
I now Cam and Mueller have vowed to be agressively patient when it comes to FA, but the OL is our biggest need. The good guys are being signed, or at least have schedule visits for other clubs today.
As much as I'd love to see Porter in Miami, I rather see a big FA name in our OL.

what do you think about steinbach goin to cleveland almost same amount of money as dockery? ...... i wonder if phins are planning on signing someone ...

Good signing for them if it's true. They overpayed though, Dockery is a nice player but not that good. IMO

Dockery is the only one of the three that IMO is worth anything. The other two are stopgaps until they get someone better and/or depth players.

I wanted Dockery actually, thats actually not overpaying him by much though. It averages out to 2 million a year. Which is a little much for a guard but when you look at how much Dielman wants it's nothing.

Not that it matters (cause we dont know how the contract is structured) but it actually averages out to be 7 million a year. Its the money that is guarenteed that matters. Plus if it is true that Steinbach is getting 49.5 over 7 years then Buffalo overpaid. Dockery is an above average guard, but no where's near Steinbach or Deilman. Speaking of which, if both these contracts are tru Deilman has to be jumping for joy now.

No try Three Dockery, Langston Walker and Jason Whittle all signed today

IMO the Bills just took a step back. Dockery is a solid player, BUT, he isn't worth that kind of money. It reeks of desperation, which is the type of move the poor FO's make.
If they lose Spikes, Clements and Fletcher they will tear the heart out of the defense.
I was hoping the Phins would pursue Dockery if they couldn't land Dielman, but not for that kind of money. Mueller isn't that impressed with this FA class so I doubt they get into any kind of bidding war for any player.

Yeah I got a Vtext saying they were signed. As well as it was reported on WGR, and it is on the homepage now

Dockery is nice, but blah to Langston Walker and Jason Whittle. I hope neither is starting because they both are terrible

The Dolphins single biggest problem over the past five years, has been the porous offensive line. They must re-build the o- line first and then move out from there. It won't be a quick process. I would not count on any play-off games for the fish this season,but we should be used to that by now.
I now Cam and Mueller have vowed to be agressively patient when it comes to FA, but the OL is our biggest need. The good guys are being signed, or at least have schedule visits for other clubs today.
As much as I'd love to see Porter in Miami, I rather see a big FA name in our OL.

Please name me one team over the last 2-3 yrs that made huge FA signings and then went on to make some noise in the playoffs? Vikings went on a spree last season as did the Redskins and what did it get them? Nada, zilch, nothing.
The teams that overpay in the first few days of free agency historically go nowhere.

Back
Top Bottom