Bills Lock Up Another Ol!!ugh!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills Lock Up Another Ol!!ugh!!

Not that it matters (cause we dont know how the contract is structured) but it actually averages out to be 7 million a year. Its the money that is guarenteed that matters. Plus if it is true that Steinbach is getting 49.5 over 7 years then Buffalo overpaid. Dockery is an above average guard, but no where's near Steinbach or Deilman. Speaking of which, if both these contracts are tru Deilman has to be jumping for joy now.

Man you're right, very bad math by me. If anyone wants to know where I got the number 2 million: I've been doing Algebra all day 7x7 = 7^2

They did overpay by a lot.

Not that it matters (cause we dont know how the contract is structured) but it actually averages out to be 7 million a year. Its the money that is guarenteed that matters. Plus if it is true that Steinbach is getting 49.5 over 7 years then Buffalo overpaid. Dockery is an above average guard, but no where's near Steinbach or Deilman. Speaking of which, if both these contracts are tru Deilman has to be jumping for joy now.

its true, clayton reported it on espnews. also he is getting 17 million guaranteed and dockery is getting 16 millioin guaranteed.

IMO the Bills just took a step back. Dockery is a solid player, BUT, he isn't worth that kind of money. It reeks of desperation, which is the type of move the poor FO's make.
If they lose Spikes, Clements and Fletcher they will tear the heart out of the defense.
I was hoping the Phins would pursue Dockery if they couldn't land Dielman, but not for that kind of money. Mueller isn't that impressed with this FA class so I doubt they get into any kind of bidding war for any player.

Come on, Spikes is not the same player. FLetcher is solid, but is getting old.

The Bills will try and go after a guy like Partick Willis. We have a few young DB's, and play a soft cover 2 defense. We needed to get bigger and stronger inside on the OL, and we did that.

Our defense wasnt much different when SPikes played last year anyways, so if we can get a high draft pick or whatever for him then we should.

Alex44 I wanted Dockery actually said:
It's $49 million over seven years. That means $7million a year, about three times toomuch.

On another note, ESPN just announced during the hear game that the 49ers and nate clemets have agreed to a EIGHTYMILLION dollars over 8 years. He is now the highest paid defensive player in NFL history. IMOHe isnt a top five corner in the league.

Let other teams waster all their money on average players. I have yet to see a team win the superbowl because of a big free agent signings.

Come on, Spikes is not the same player. FLetcher is solid, but is getting old.

The Bills will try and go after a guy like Partick Willis. We have a few young DB's, and play a soft cover 2 defense. We needed to get bigger and stronger inside on the OL, and we did that.

Our defense wasnt much different when SPikes played last year anyways, so if we can get a high draft pick or whatever for him then we should.

Fletcher was only the leading tackler on your team. You can downplay it all you want, but the Bills defense will be worse next year if you lose all 3. No draft pick is a lock.
Dockery is solid, but he's not a difference maker. He's no Steve Hutchinson

I like the Dockery signing for a couple reasons. The bills have needed help on the o-line for quite some time and we finally got it. Dockery is quite young, this upcoming season will be his fifth in the league. Dock has a very high ceiling and he hasn't reached his full potential yet. Hopefully Jim Mcnally can make him even better. Great signing for the bills.

PS> Is Dielman or Steinbech really that much better than Dockery, or are they just beneficiaries of playing for two of the media's favorite teams? I really don't see that much of a difference, I mean we are talking about guards. And in this day in the NFL you have to spend big. At least I don't have to hear people calling Ralph cheap anymore.

No worries, Buffalo has had the worst opening day to free agency of any NFL team. Losing Clements and Fletcher was a HUGE hit to them. If they lose Spikes and or McGahee, I would be extremelly pleased to see the Bills continue to lose their best players.

Derrick Dockery is a good signing for Buffalo, even if they overpaid for him. If the New England Patriots get Adalius Thomas which I had heard they had reached an agreement with him (verbally I guess), then the Patriots are strengthening in preparation for ANOTHER division title for what would be the 5th year in a row I believe. The biggest move we have made thus far in the offseason has been the release of Kevin Carter and I wasn't too thrilled to hear that to say the least.

Derrick Dockery is a good signing for Buffalo, even if they overpaid for him. If the New England Patriots get Adalius Thomas which I had heard they had reached an agreement with him (verbally I guess), then the Patriots are strengthening in preparation for ANOTHER division title for what would be the 5th year in a row I believe. The biggest move we have made thus far in the offseason has been the release of Kevin Carter and I wasn't too thrilled to hear that to say the least.

Last time I checked it was only March 3rd.:rolleyes:

No worries, Buffalo has had the worst opening day to free agency of any NFL team. Losing Clements and Fletcher was a HUGE hit to them. If they lose Spikes and or McGahee, I would be extremelly pleased to see the Bills continue to lose their best players.
Do you think that with all these players leaving Buffalo's defense, Miami will be able to score a whole seven points against the Bills next year?

Last time I checked it was only March 3rd.:rolleyes:
Point taken. March 3rd is my mother's birthday whom just turned 52 today. I'm 18 and you're 45 so I'll accept and allow you talking down to me and insulting my intelligence without any rebuttle.

However, regarding football I honestly cannot remember the last time there have been so many signings and BIG NAME signings for that matter in such a short amount of time. Just my opinion. Definitely players that would have contributed to our team.

You are however correct about it's still very early in the offseason. March 11th, I believe is the date for the signing period of UFA's begins according to NFL.com. Or as you had stated, today is only my mother's birthday.

Now I am not saying that we should've or shouldn't have gotten any of these guys but just among some of the names that I had been acquired thus far in such a short time include: Nate Clements, Adalius Thomas, Kris Dielman, Michael Lewis, Drew Bennett, Jeff Garcia, London Fletcher-Baker, Fred Smoot, Ovie Mughelli, Derrick Dockery, and Eric Steinbach just to name a few.

We may lose Wes Welker to the Patriots who has been our most CONSISTENT Wide Receiver and most productive for the most of last season.

Other players we lost regardless of the reason are: Kevin Carter, Damion McIntosh, Sammy Morris, Jeno James, Dan Wilkinson, Seth McKinney, and Bennie Anderson. All of which I agree with by the except for Kevin Carter and not re-signing Wes.

Honestly, I wasn't looking for any confrontation or to act disrespectful towards you. My opinion is that while I do not think we should be signing and/or picking up every player that is released by a team but I do feel that we have to start getting the wheels in motion and making moves (before the draft). Also, that I was disappointed to see Kevin Carter and was hoping we'd restructure his contact and keep him along with re-signing Wes rather than letting him test the market. I wouldn't have mind as much losing Wes in Free Agency if were not for an AFC East rival... especially the Patriots.

Anyway, that's all I have to say. Thanks for taking the time to read, no hard feelings.

Back
Top Bottom