Bills Offer Milloy a Contract (merged 2x) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills Offer Milloy a Contract (merged 2x)

Bills Offer Milloy a Contract

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=1607519

Armed with Drew Bledsoe's endorsement, the Buffalo Bills have already contacted Milloy's agents and made an opening contract proposal, ESPN.com has learned.

The Patriots and Bills meet in Buffalo Sunday in what already is seen as a key matchup of AFC East contenders.

Several teams may interested in Milloy, a top safety and respected locker room presence. A few might hesitate to sign Milloy, 29, before this wekend, since "vested" veterans have their base salaries guaranteed on opening day, but Buffalo wants to complete a deal quickly if the financial numbers are right.

"We'd sign him right now and play him on Sunday," said a high-ranking team official.

The current Buffalo starters, Coy Wire and Pierson Priloeau, are solid defenders but not in Milloy's class. The two did not have an interception between them in 2002.
--Len Pasquarelli

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I hope he feels like the way Seau did wanting to go to a team that plays the team that let him go. :D

Originally posted by CirclingWagons

i love how dolphin fans are trying to downplay this...it's ok, we see the piss running down your leg:lol:

If a true color comment like that makes you feel better.......:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

While signing Milloy would be a significant upgrade over what the Bills currently field, Milloy is not the player he once was:

1. His statistics declined dramatically last year - tackles went below 100 for the first time since his rookie season, and he failed to register an interception for the first time in his career.

2. I saw every Pats game last year - two in person, and he definitely looked a step slow at times.

Originally posted by zevo
you guys can have your Sammy knight! we just got one of the best S in the NFL!!! If not the best!!

That's ok. I'll take our guy....who's 2 years younger, has 9 more INTs, played in 18 less games, 340 more return yards, and a bigger hitter.

Last 3 years.......

Milloy - 4 INTs, 23 yds, 0 TDs, 4 FFs, 16 PD, 3 sacks

Knight - 16 INTs, 218 yds, 2 TDs, 5 FFs, 28 PD, 5 sacks

Milloy is a great safety though. You guys tremendously upgraded the D today. Both buys can hit. And both guys rack up a lot of tackles. I'm just happy with my guy too. :D

Originally posted by Muck

That's ok. I'll take our guy....who's 2 years younger, has 9 more INTs, played in 18 less games, 340 more return yards, and a bigger hitter.

Last 3 years.......

Milloy is a great safety though. You guys tremendously upgraded the D today. Both buys can hit. And both guys rack up a lot of tackles. I'm just happy with my guy too. :D

Relax guys, it isn't confirmed yet. I doubt he'll start against the Pats anyways if we do sign him. He may audible the pats D plays to Drew however.:D

Originally posted by zevo
you guys can have your Sammy knight! we just got one of the best S in the NFL!!! If not the best!!

What are you talking about, nothing is official that I can see, its all rumors here is the article word for word.Could standout strong safety Lawyer Milloy actually line up against his former team in Sunday's regular season opener? Don't bet against it.

"Armed with Drew Bledsoe's endorsement, the Buffalo Bills have already contacted Milloy's agents and made an opening contract proposal, ESPN.com has learned.

The Patriots and Bills meet in Buffalo Sunday in what already is seen as a key matchup of AFC East contenders.

Several teams may interested in Milloy, a top safety and respected locker room presence. A few might hesitate to sign Milloy, 29, before this wekend, since "vested" veterans have their base salaries guaranteed on opening day, but Buffalo wants to complete a deal quickly if the financial numbers are right.

"We'd sign him right now and play him on Sunday," said a high-ranking team official.

The current Buffalo starters, Coy Wire and Pierson Priloeau, are solid defenders but not in Milloy's class. The two did not have an interception between them in 2002."
--Len Pasquarelli

Wait and see

Originally posted by deathdisco

The current Buffalo starters, Coy Wire and Pierson Priloeau, are solid defenders but not in Milloy's class. The two did not have an interception between them in 2002."
--Len Pasquarelli

Yeah they had just as many picks combined as Milloy did. :lol:

Perhaps this is Belichek at his best. He released Milloy, KNOWING that the Bills would take the bait and sign him, thus wasting cap space and putting someone behind enemy lines. This way during week 1, he has a spy working for him and can screw up the Bills from the inside. That Belichek, what a genious! :lol:

What, quit looking at me like that, it could happen. :dunce:

Originally posted by Muck

Last 3 years.......

He's good, but for the Bills to be losing their lunches over this amazes me. I guess they think Milloy puts them over the top! Crazy.

Oliver...

Originally posted by Oliver

He's good, but for the Bills to be losing their lunches over this amazes me. I guess they think Milloy puts them over the top! Crazy.

Oliver...
You can't fault us for getting excited over a defensive leader who's been to 4 of the last 5 probowls...he's only 29 too. Forgive us for showing excitement....this isn't really a Dolphin's thing...this is more of a Pats-Bills thing...makes us better, makes them worse

Originally posted by CirclingWagons

You can't fault us for getting excited over a defensive leader who's been to 4 of the last 5 probowls...he's only 29 too. Forgive us for showing excitement....this isn't really a Dolphin's thing...this is more of a Pats-Bills thing...makes us better, makes them worse

Of course it makes you all better, but how much better and how fast? If you think Milloy can just get in there and learn your system and be his normal self in 4 days or even 1 month you're fooling yourself. This is a good move for your future, not for the present, as in 4-6 games to start your 2003 season.

As far as I'm concerned this made the AFC East title that much easier for the Phins to win, because it weakens the Pats. The Bills are not contending for the AFC East title with or without Milloy IMO.

Oliver...

Back
Top Bottom