Bills Offer Milloy a Contract (merged 2x) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills Offer Milloy a Contract (merged 2x)

Originally posted by Oliver

Of course it makes you all better, but how much better and how fast? If you think Milloy can just get in there and learn your system and be his normal self in 4 days or even 1 month you're fooling yourself. This is a good move for your future, not for the present, as in 4-6 games to start your 2003 season.

As far as I'm concerned this made the AFC East title that much easier for the Phins to win, because it weakens the Pats. The Bills are not contending for the AFC East title with or without Milloy IMO.

Oliver...
and you are entitled to your opinion

Originally posted by CirclingWagons

and you are entitled to your opinion

You better hope the Saints or Vikings don't sign this guy. If either of them do, this turns into one bad day for Bill fans.

Oliver...

You better hope the Saints or Vikings don't sign this guy. If either of them do, this turns into one bad day for Bill fans.

Oliver...
like most teams, it wouldn't be our first
and to be truthful, no one even conceived of this...it just happened today...so the Pats are hurt either way...they lost their team captain...gives us more of a chance against the team that gives us fits.

Oliver...

Actually if he signs with someone outside of the AFC east, the Bills still win. They will be rid of him just like we are.

Originally posted by ScrappyDew

Actually if he signs with someone outside of the AFC east, the Bills still win. They will be rid of him just like we are.
true scrappy...not only that, its a good day...I just heard we got Gary for a conditional 4th...not 7th...he could go as high as 2nd:cool:

Originally posted by ScrappyDew

True, but that still won't change the fact if he signs with someone other than the Bills they thought he was coming to the them.

That can't be any fun.

Oliver...

True, but that still won't change the fact if he signs with someone other than the Bills they thought he was coming to the them.

That can't be any fun.

Oliver...
true...I was so excited it felt like I snorted an entire eightball...now it feels like the withdrawal

Originally posted by zevo
you guys can have your Sammy knight! we just got one of the best S in the NFL!!! If not the best!!

was that when he was a patriot or now that he is a bill. im sure he was like 10-15 when he was a patriot.:lol:

The news in Minneapolis, has the Vikings as really serious. "Sources" saying he could be a Viking by the weekend. That would be cool, take him away from the AFCE and get him to my second fave team!

Re: Bills Offer Milloy a Contract

Originally posted by justafan
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=1607519

Armed with Drew Bledsoe's endorsement, the Buffalo Bills have already contacted Milloy's agents and made an opening contract proposal, ESPN.com has learned.

The Patriots and Bills meet in Buffalo Sunday in what already is seen as a key matchup of AFC East contenders.

Several teams may interested in Milloy, a top safety and respected locker room presence. A few might hesitate to sign Milloy, 29, before this wekend, since "vested" veterans have their base salaries guaranteed on opening day, but Buffalo wants to complete a deal quickly if the financial numbers are right.

"We'd sign him right now and play him on Sunday," said a high-ranking team official.

The current Buffalo starters, Coy Wire and Pierson Priloeau, are solid defenders but not in Milloy's class. The two did not have an interception between them in 2002.
--Len Pasquarelli

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I hope he feels like the way Seau did wanting to go to a team that plays the team that let him go. :D

Why not post the good part of this article? Here I'll do it......

Given the past history of owner Daniel Snyder, the Redskins may well offer the most money of all Milloy's suitors. Washington has more than $5 million in cap room, may not blink if the financial ante is raised, and certainly could use a player of Milloy's ilk to anchor its interior secondary. One of the Saints' players said Tuesday night that Milloy had hinted he favored the Redskins but wanted more time to consider his decision.

Hey I know you Bill's have a good reason the be excited at the possibilities, but lets see what happens.

Remember though, two teams in the AFC EAST are already familiar with him. But he would most definitely be an ugrade for Billy.

I forgot who owned the Viqueens

Originally posted by MNFINFAN
The news in Minneapolis, has the Vikings as really serious. "Sources" saying he could be a Viking by the weekend. That would be cool, take him away from the AFCE and get him to my second fave team!

The Vikings, however, dropped out of the bidding when it became clear Milloy was seeking more than they were willing to pay, and he appeared set to sign today with either Buffalo, New Orleans or Washington

I forgot they only have 30 mill under the cap and the cheapest owner in sports:rolleyes: . Looks like Money Bags Snyder is Buffalo's greatest threat in the sweepstakes.

Originally posted by zevo
Its a done deal!

Almost 24 hours later, and no done deal. Matter of fact, Washington and NO are in the running...

I wager he goes to the Deadskins...

:lol:

Bills wait as Milloy considers his options

By John Wawrow, Associated Press, 9/3/2003 13:35

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) Free agent safety Lawyer Milloy has the Buffalo Bills' offer, and has until the end of Wednesday to decide whether to accept it.

''We're kind of in a holding pattern on this,'' Bills president Tom Donahoe said. ''We've been told that we are one of the teams that Lawyer's seriously taking a look at, and we hope to know something today.''

Donahoe added that the Bills won't wait much beyond that, because they have to focus on their season-opener against the New England Patriots, Milloy's former team, on Sunday.

''It would be great if we get the player, but if we don't get him, we've got a very important game to play that's going to need a lot of our attention,'' Donahoe said.

The rest:
http://www.boston.com/dailynews/246/sports/Bills_wait_as_Milloy_considers:.shtml

Back
Top Bottom