Bills Running Back | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills Running Back

Norv is better than Gilbride as well. Norv is the BEST OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR in the league. Also, I don't like Jay, but he is better than Bledsoe and he proved it last season, and will do so again this year.

"best offensive coordinator in the NFL"?????????
What crack you been smoking? I think top ten, yes! best? not!!!!
Gilbride is evey bit as good as turner and probably has a more explosive offense than turners. Norvs offense tends to be a little more conservative. With a power running game that might work well with ricky w. Gilbride loves to challenge the defense deep which sets up the running cause the CBs/Saftys can't cheat up. Which will work well in Buffalo with Drew's gun and Moulds and Price.

One question what's with the
"With the 32nd pick in the 2003 NFL Draft the Miami Dolphins select: Ken Dorsey, Quarterback, Miami"

wouldn't that mean the fins finish last in the league this year??
I must be missing something!?!?!?

Eric

what a piece of unadulterated ****

Originally posted by Eric/Hawaii

you have not post ONE single stat in this whole thread. Once again this just proves you cannot have a intelligent football conversation with the average fins fan. If your up to task, please enlighten me with all your knowledge and fact/stat filled mind.

By the way calling people names and writing insults does nothing to prove your point.

Aloah Eric
eric does all this cryin about not having facts to back up statements. you give him a stat and he just shines you on!:confused:

I'm not the one who stated Norv was the "best OC in the NFL" were are his stats.

want the dirty on gilbride here it is .... Explosive offense

Named the Bills offensive coordinator on February 9, 2002… comes to Buffalo with 27 years of coaching experience, including 12 campaigns in the National Football League…of his 12 seasons as an NFL coach, nine have been as an offensive coordinator and two as a head coach…broke into the NFL ranks as quarterbacks coach with the Houston Oilers in 1989 before being elevated to offensive coordinator from 1990-93 and was then promoted to Assistant Head Coach/Offense in 1994…the Oilers ranked first in the NFL in passing yards from 1990 through '93…for four straight years (1990-93), Houston ranked in the NFL's top three in total offense, were in the top five in third down efficiency and first downs and were second overall in scoring over that span…took over as the offensive coordinator of the expansion Jacksonville Jaguars in 1995…in his second season, the Jags offense led the NFL with 259.7 passing yards per game and were #2 in the league in total offense with 360.2 yards per contest; performance helped Jaguars advance to AFC Championship Game in just second year of existence

Aloha Eric

There is a big difference between a rookie and third /fourth year guy starting his first full season. But most QBs do better watching for a few years then starting.

Jay's 2001 numbers were better than Brett Farve's 2000 numbers so I guess Jay is better than Brett also?

Jay was on a team that had no offensive pressure on them. for most games, All he had to do was not "lose" the game. Only time will tell if jay is going to be a "good" NFL qb. Right now he is only average but he has had some bright spots last year "the TD run against Oakland comes to mind."

I think he needs a few more years under his belt before we can compare him to Bledsoe, farve or manning.

Eric

Last edited by a moderator:
How many 4th qtr come backs did he have and who was the next closest?????

5...and who cares?

I compared the 2000 season not the year of their exprience. Jay is hardly a rookie. It might have been his first FULL season of starting but he had started/played in lots of other games.

He had started 1 other game.....1....not lots. He had played in 13 games....still not lots. LOTS and ROUGHLY are words used by stat freaks when they can't find numbers to back up their arguments.

OMT....you want stats....here's one for you

Career QB ratings

Jay Fiedler 77.7

Drew Bledsoe 75.9

Aloha.

Last edited:
Since this is about as subjective an opinion any, let me offer an idea. Eric/Hawaii, there is a thread in the Miami Dolphins main forum called "Triple Threat Bet" or something. I suggest you go and get in on it since you are this confident in Drew. A couple games into the regular season, after both QBs have shaken the rust off from the offseason, then lets continue this little debate....

Back
Top Bottom