Bills tagging Byrd, so..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills tagging Byrd, so.....

Fin Thirteen

Club Member
Reaction score
Levitre will almost certainly be testing FA. I'd be amazed if we don't at least talk to him.

Levitre will almost certainly be testing FA. I'd be amazed if we don't at least talk to him.

For sure. And with Buffalo tagging Byrd it's almost certain they will not sign Levitre. They lost all bargaining strength when they tagged Byrd as now Levitre knows there's no threat to him. Why not wait if you're him?

this would be the first guy i would go all in on.

He'd be a good fit if Miami can afford him.

Afford? Miami can "afford" to sign whoever they wanted. Miami can easily have "up to" $60mil if they so chose to. If they like him, they'll sign him.

The difference in talent from him and incognito is almost like night and day
I don't understand why I have heard Incognito the OG mentioned in need of replacement, when "he made the Pro-Bowl" as our "best" OG. The only two OL who sucked and are in major need of either "improvement" or "replacement" in the starting lineup were John Jerry and Jonathan Martin. Jerry blew in run blocking and Martin blew in pass protection. Both can stand to improve and have the talent to do so, but if we are going to replace an OG, it's Jerry, not Incog.

Having said all that, I'm in on Levitre. :D

Signing Levitre *would* replace Jerry. Incognito would move back to right guard which suits him better than left.

Signing Levitre *would* replace Jerry. Incognito would move back to right guard which suits him better than left.

Serious dream scenario for us lol.

But this just means resigning Clemons is more important now, but I doubt Byrd was gonna be a Dolphin anyway... The bigger news imo, is Michael Johnson was tagged in Cinci. He would've been a GREAT addition

I don't think Johnson was a priority..If Starks gets the the franchise tag and Odrick loses some weight to play DE like he promised, i don't think our D line really needs that much help..I mean i can see them get a guy in later rounds, but i doubt they will break the bank on a D-lineman

But this just means resigning Clemons is more important now, but I doubt Byrd was gonna be a Dolphin anyway... The bigger news imo, is Michael Johnson was tagged in Cinci. He would've been a GREAT addition

If Long goes via FA and we draft to a fill LT position....which makes sense since greater LT quality in draft than FA....signing Levitre would make a lot of sense and give us a veteran presence on both the left and right side of the line to help out Martin and LT rookie.

I like Levitre but I think it would be foolish to spend big money on a guard in free agency. Guards should be found in the draft in the mid to late rounds and developed by the team. If you have a deep roster without many holes to fill than I could see drafting a guard high or spending big money on a guard, but there are so many other positions I would rather see this team spend money on.

Back
Top Bottom