Bills Taking Hard Line On Peters | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills Taking Hard Line On Peters

And there the Bills sit with one of the lowest cap numbers in the league and they have a player like Peters who may not have proven he can be the best in the league, but has made plenty of noise at his position. And they scratch their heads and wonder "why not us, why can't we win a SB"? Geeee, I wonder.

Why is it every time I see one of your posts you are putting your foot in your mouth......

Why are the bills doing such a idiotic thing? Maybe they realize that every other player and their agent are waiting to see if the bills fold and give him a new contract without reporting to camp? The bills will not be held hostage by a free agent former TE that they molded into a Pro Bowl LT. I just hope they dont waive his fines when he reports to camp.

Peters is underpaid. Though I think he could go about it in a different manner and get the results. Him getting a new contract a few years ago doesn't mean a thing. NFL contracts aren't guranteed and teams don't honor contracts so I have no problem when guys hold out. I do believe the Bills want to get other guys re-signed like Evans first. From the moves the Bills have made the past two offseasons it appears they're building from the offensive and defensive line than out. When they've got maybe the best LT in the NFL they've gotta get the deal done.

And there sit the Fins, in last place in the AFC East, again, getting swept by the "lowly" Bills the last two season, and losing 5 of the last 6 meetings.

Then they wonder, after drafting 2nd Round QBs ever year, why their QBs suck, and why they had one of the most embarrassing seasons ever in the NFL.

Heres to 3 years in a row of us sweeping the Fish!

And there sit the Bills 60 years later still wanting to win something....anything!!!:rolleyes2:

And there the Bills sit with one of the lowest cap numbers in the league and they have a player like Peters who may not have proven he can be the best in the league, but has made plenty of noise at his position. And they scratch their heads and wonder "why not us, why can't we win a SB"? Geeee, I wonder.

No one is scratching their heads and if that's what you think then you really haven't been paying attention. The Bills are rebuilding the team and doing a very good job of it. I'm feeling pretty satisfied with the way things are shaping up.

Yeah, besides everyone knows how unselfish RW is. It's why the Bills get players like Stroud, they're cheap and past their prime. But Bill fans act like he's the player he was 4 years ago. It totally makes sense too when you consider Jacksonville wanted him so badly, that they'd give up such a huge talent for a 3rd round pick.
Glad to hear that you think the Bills are cheap, hearing how we over paid Dockery and Walker was getting old.

And it's not like the Phins are have an open wallet and are bringing in great young talent. Jason Ferguson was going to retire last year after he got hurt. Could have had Brees but Daunte was cheaper. And probably for less money than the phins are paying Porter, who is also past his prime. There's no big mystery to why he keeps getting injured.

And there sit the Bills 60 years later still wanting to win something....anything!!!
clear.gif
The haven't even been around for 50 years. They also won 2 AFL Championships. And it's true that people might not know that they have the Championships because it happened oh so long ago but everyone remembers who the joke of the league was last year, even you.

No one is scratching their heads and if that's what you think then you really haven't been paying attention. The Bills are rebuilding the team and doing a very good job of it. I'm feeling pretty satisfied with the way things are shaping up.

Right, Bill fans are talking playoffs every off season. This year is no different and I find it amusing that you say the Bills are rebuilding and 90% of the other Bill fans claim the Dolphins are rebuilding and the Bills are a playoff team, so which is it? Are the Bill rebuilding or are they a playoff team.

Glad to hear that you think the Bills are cheap, hearing how we over paid Dockery and Walker was getting old.

And it's not like the Phins are have an open wallet and are bringing in great young talent. Jason Ferguson was going to retire last year after he got hurt. Could have had Brees but Daunte was cheaper. And probably for less money than the phins are paying Porter, who is also past his prime. There's no big mystery to why he keeps getting injured.

The Bills are always...ALWAYS, the one of the teams with the lowest cap number. It would be nice if you wouldn't try and act like no one knows this.

The haven't even been around for 50 years. They also won 2 AFL Championships. And it's true that people might not know that they have the Championships because it happened oh so long ago but everyone remembers who the joke of the league was last year, even you.

50 years or 60 years it doesn't matter the only success the Bills have had since the two leagues became one was about 5 years in the 90's, beyond that the Bills have been pretty much worthless. You can cry about it, you can point fingers, you can focus on other teams issues, but you can't change what has been one of the worst NFL franchises in the history of the game. Deal with it or change teams.

Right, Bill fans are talking playoffs every off season. This year is no different and I find it amusing that you say the Bills are rebuilding and 90% of the other Bill fans claim the Dolphins are rebuilding and the Bills are a playoff team, so which is it? Are the Bill rebuilding or are they a playoff team.

The Bills are always...ALWAYS, the one of the teams with the lowest cap number. It would be nice if you wouldn't try and act like no one knows this.

50 years or 60 years it doesn't matter the only success the Bills have had since the two leagues became one was about 5 years in the 90's, beyond that the Bills have been pretty much worthless. You can cry about it, you can point fingers, you can focus on other teams issues, but you can't change what has been one of the worst NFL franchises in the history of the game. Deal with it or change teams

Can ya guess who said this?

Please, they added a G from Washington that had far more talent across the board on the Oline for Dockery to play next to. Dockery has never made a probowl he was grossly overpaid yet he has suddenly made their Oline much better? I'd like to know how. Langston Walker was a turnstile in Oakland and he will make the Bills Oline better, from where the backu position?.

50 years or 60 years it doesn't matter the only success the Bills have had since the two leagues became one was about 5 years in the 90's, beyond that the Bills have been pretty much worthless. You can cry about it, you can point fingers, you can focus on other teams issues, but you can't change what has been one of the worst NFL franchises in the history of the game. Deal with it or change teams.

Haven't both teams been pretty worthless for about a decade? I'm a Dolphins fan but isn't it sad that we've gotta bring up championship teams from over 30 years ago to dictate how great of a franchise they are? The Dolphins almost ran the table in reverse. The Bills and Dolphins both have been average at best since Marino and Kelly retired. It's hard to have bragging rights when neither team has been relevant in a long time.

Can ya guess who said this?

All that says is he was overpaid, you can grossly over pay for third string WR it doesn't mean you spent a ton of money, it just means you paid more for him then he was worth. Besides every season the Bills give a good size contract to someone, maybe two . It doesn't meant they're not cheap. RW wants to sell tickets, he does jkust enough to keep the fans interested. Problem is Bill fans are happy with every single player signed, you'd think they sign probowlers with every signing to listen to Bill fans talk.

Look at your HC, know why it's DJ instead of a real good HC? Cause he was the only guy willing to take so little to coach the Bills. Why don't the Bills ever sign a TO or other top flight in their prime top 5% at their position type of players? Why is it everytime someone wants to get paid in Buffalo they end up leaving or holding out? The Bills are notoriously cheap and you're trting to say thry're not. Your owner is the biggest whiner when it ccomes to his money, heck how many games will be in Canada this year? He's trying to squeez every dime out of that team.

Haven't both teams been pretty worthless for about a decade? I'm a Dolphins fan but isn't it sad that we've gotta bring up championship teams from over 30 years ago to dictate how great of a franchise they are? The Dolphins almost ran the table in reverse. The Bills and Dolphins both have been average at best since Marino and Kelly retired. It's hard to have bragging rights when neither team has been relevant in a long time.

No, Miami was 9-7 in 99, 11-5 in 00, 11-5 in 01, 9-7 in 02, 10-6 in 03, 9-7 in 05 we've had a few bad seasons the last decade, but we've still been a decent team.

No, Miami was 9-7 in 99, 11-5 in 00, 11-5 in 01, 9-7 in 02, 10-6 in 03, 9-7 in 05 we've had a few bad seasons the last decade, but we've still been a decent team.

A decent team doesn't go 1-15.

And as for this year:

The biggest addition to this team in the offseason was Bill Parcells;

Penny is a good QB but he's lacking arm strength. He tends to get banged up fairly easy during the season and despite Ricky's "best line" I don't think they will keep him upright enough keep him starting every game this season. After Penny there is a considerable drop off in talent and if Penny's not starting the fins will struggle to win games.

No recievers worth talking about. Ginn look pretty good last week but that's the only time he's ever looked good in the NFL.

If Ricky plays like Ricky used to he is a huge threat to any Defense and can take over a game all by himself. Ronnie can't see to play enough to break 1000 yards.

Back to the o-line, Ricky likes 'em. I can't think of any reasons why.

The Defense:

I'm stealing someone elses quote but only because we share the very similar opinions
The Dolphins have no hope defensively (I like the secondary this year though). The only player of any merit is OLB Joey Porter, and he's better served as trade bait for a young player. The team features neither capable veterans or emerging young talent.

How about you share why you think the fish deserve any respect this year. I hear allot about what you think about the Bills, How about your team.

I disagree I don't think they've made the playoffs since '01. I guess we can be happy they got there. Even made it to the 2nd rd in two of those seasons. Though I think it was easier to make the playoffs because their were only 3 divisions. The 9-7 team really was very average but got in and got to play another very average team in the Seahawks. I tend to not want to remember the 62-7 thrashing that came after it. The Raiders game I really thought the Dolphins were going to play it close than Fiedler lofted a ball that Pennington would laugh at and it was returned for 6. The Ravens game never was close. I just don't think they've been a good team. Really they've been a major dissapointment in two of those seasons when they were atleast one of the favorites to make it to the SB. The Bills haven't had those expectations. Though I think the Bills team that lost to the Titans I believe in '99 was a better team than any of the mentioned Dolphins team. Even a few years back the Bills choked away a playoff game when an unknown Willie Parker tore them up. My point is I don't think we as Dolphins fans can criticize other teams for not being good. Bringing up all-time record or past success IMO is what fans do when their team isn't very good.

A decent team doesn't go 1-15.

And as for this year:

The biggest addition to this team in the offseason was Bill Parcells;

I also happen to think Jeff Ireland and Tony Sparano are big additions. But I don't expect much from the fan of a team that hasn't had a winning season in years yet somehow think his team is on some other level....:sidelol:

Penny is a good QB but he's lacking arm strength. He tends to get banged up fairly easy during the season and despite Ricky's "best line" I don't think they will keep him upright enough keep him starting every game this season. After Penny there is a considerable drop off in talent and if Penny's not starting the fins will struggle to win games.

His arm strength is way over stated. It really doesn't matter if you can throw it 70 yards in the air or 50 yards oin the air if you can mangae the game. Pennington can manage the game.

No recievers worth talking about. Ginn look pretty good last week but that's the only time he's ever looked good in the NFL.

Ginn looks good, Hagan looks good, Armstrong looks good Bess looks good. Miami's advantage is in the attitudes and conditioning. The new system is thick with BP winning attitude. You can dismiss anyone you wish, it doesn't maen you have a clue.

If Ricky plays like Ricky used to he is a huge threat to any Defense and can take over a game all by himself. Ronnie can't see to play enough to break 1000 yards.

He is and he will. Ronnie ran for more then a 1000 yards in 06, and less then 100 yards from a 1000 in 05 while splitting carries with Ricky.

Back to the o-line, Ricky likes 'em. I can't think of any reasons why.

That sentence doesn't even deserve a response, it's that dumb.

The Defense:

I'm stealing someone elses quote but only because we share the very similar opinions

Quote:
The Dolphins have no hope defensively (I like the secondary this year though). The only player of any merit is OLB Joey Porter, and he's better served as trade bait for a young player. The team features neither capable veterans or emerging young talent.
Really, well you just keep believing someone you don't respect enough to name. So far this offseason the Dolphins have given up less points then your precious Jills. I also love how a Bill fan has the nerve to knock anyone elses defense when your own can't seem to finish higher then 31st the last 2 years.

How about you share why you think the fish deserve any respect this year. I hear allot about what you think about the Bills, How about your team.

What do I think of the Dolphins? I think they're not worse then the Bills. Are they better, time will tell. Unlike Bill fans I don't call the Dolphins a playoff teams as soon as the last whistle blows of the previous season. Especially when my team was under 500. and had nearly the worst offense and defense in the league.....AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom