Bills Taking Hard Line On Peters | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills Taking Hard Line On Peters

Seems as though my opinions are too realistic to bet against. I wont ask again.

It's NOTHING to do with your opinion. I don't bet on things I have no control over. In either case no team has control over injuries. So lets say I take your bet and the Dolphins lose three starters in the first two weeks, well then it's gone from being something I bet on to something I didn't bet on, but I'm stuck with the bet.

That's plain stupidity and it has nothing to do with my opinion of the defense the "was" healthy. Now I relize this could go the other way, and the Bills could have the injuries. It chnges things still cause then we are no longer looking at the same bet. Basiclly you're betteing on the small chance both teams stay 100% healthy and they remain that way through the entire season in order to prove who better at full strength.

That's a whole lot of "if's" and "could be's". You nor I have control over what will happen, so it's rather pointless to try to throw a dart through a tiny little window when in the end it's basically..."see, I told you so".

If on the other hand you want to bet and say well lets just bet regardless of injury, we could, but then it comes down the winner having more luck then the loser and then it's gone from proving a point, to who was luckier. So tell me, what does being luckier have to do with the original opinion? Nothing!

You keep your opinion and I'll keep mine, in the end I'll remind about how I was right and you can just agree.:up:

It's NOTHING to do with your opinion. I don't bet on things I have no control over. In either case no team has control over injuries. So lets say I take your bet and the Dolphins lose three starters in the first two weeks, well then it's gone from being something I bet on to something I didn't bet on, but I'm stuck with the bet.

That's plain stupidity and it has nothing to do with my opinion of the defense the "was" healthy. Now I relize this could go the other way, and the Bills could have the injuries. It chnges things still cause then we are no longer looking at the same bet. Basiclly you're betteing on the small chance both teams stay 100% healthy and they remain that way through the entire season in order to prove who better at full strength.

That's a whole lot of "if's" and "could be's". You nor I have control over what will happen, so it's rather pointless to try to throw a dart through a tiny little window when in the end it's basically..."see, I told you so".

If on the other hand you want to bet and say well lets just bet regardless of injury, we could, but then it comes down the winner having more luck then the loser and then it's gone from proving a point, to who was luckier. So tell me, what does being luckier have to do with the original opinion? Nothing!

You keep your opinion and I'll keep mine, in the end I'll remind about how I was right and you can just agree.:up:

wow, just wow. lol. injuries? if a person wants to make a bet that their team is better, doesnt that include better depth that becomes a factor if injuries hit. just say you dont want to bet and move on. lol.

Everybody think their team is a world beater before the season starts. Even last year people on this board would come up with a reason why the Dolphins would beat somebody who out-classed the team by a mile. I'm sure fans on Bills site do the same thing.

With all things considered i'd take 6-10 or 7-9 in a heartbeat for this current Dolphins team. Bills fans probably have to expect 9-7 or 10-6 or else they've gotta get rid of the coaching staff IMO, and start over.

Realistically I think the Jets are awful and regardless of the hype people feel is surronding the Bills. What's with the hype surronding the Jets? If Edwards turns out to be he Bills Qb than i'd say the Bills are a year or two ahead of Miami if Henne turns out to be the Dolphins Qb in the near future. On the other hand the Jets have Clemens who I don't believe would've beat out Pennington. I think the Jets are an 8-8 team. New England has to eventually comeback to the pack but still by far a better team than anybody else in the division.

The teams that I think will be going for the last WC spot all have flaws "on paper." Cleveland can't stop anybody yet made moves to help that, Vince Young reminds me of Rick Ankiel pitching, the Texans don't have a rb, Cincy can't stop anybody, Buffalo is missing their franchise player and are banking on a rookie wr, the Jets are hoping a Qb who was at best average 2/3 last seasons to learn a new playbook and be the MVP candidate of last season.

Dolphins fans have been burned by the hype with Culpepper and Ricky toking tree. Everybody has expectations in the preseason.

wow, just wow. lol. injuries? if a person wants to make a bet that their team is better, doesnt that include better depth that becomes a factor if injuries hit. just say you dont want to bet and move on. lol.

No it doesn't, what if the injuries come to a part of the defense your depth is weakest, rather then strongest? I mean seriously there are so many other things that factor into the conclusion.

Lets be honest, when it comes to defense Miami clearly has the edge, so I'm not worried about the outcome. It's just stupid to bet on something you don't control, period.

and why does a bet have to be made at all? Whats the point? Betting is stupid and porves nothing except one person has just a little more luck then the other. Yet some people actually believe it proves you have faith in what you believe. I hate to disappoint you, I believe the Dolphins Defense is better and a bet won't change it.

No it doesn't, what if the injuries come to a part of the defense your depth is weakest, rather then strongest? I mean seriously there are so many other things that factor into the conclusion.

Lets be honest, when it comes to defense Miami clearly has the edge, so I'm not worried about the outcome. It's just stupid to bet on something you don't control, period.

and why does a bet have to be made at all? Whats the point? Betting is stupid and porves nothing except one person has just a little more luck then the other. Yet some people actually believe it proves you have faith in what you believe. I hate to disappoint you, I believe the Dolphins Defense is better and a bet won't change it.

I don't bet but if a bookie or Vegas allowed me to put in qualifiers onto whether my bet would count I think they'd go broke. Somethings which like suicide pools, squares, fantasy are alright. I've got friends who bet on preseason which is quite sad.

Would anybody accept a bet if you stipulated that in order for your bet to be accepted for Miami finishing ahead of New England Brady would have to break his arm?

I don't bet but if a bookie or Vegas allowed me to put in qualifiers onto whether my bet would count I think they'd go broke. Somethings which like suicide pools, squares, fantasy are alright. I've got friends who bet on preseason which is quite sad.

Would anybody accept a bet if you stipulated that in order for your bet to be accepted for Miami finishing ahead of New England Brady would have to break his arm?

I use stipulations to prove a point, nothing more. Bottom line for me, I don't bet...period.

You sure you agree with opinion? I mean your trying to tell us that Miami, who has lost 4 straight to Buffalo, was actually better than Buffalo.

Average score?

22-8. Miami must be better.

If on the other hand you want to bet and say well lets just bet regardless of injury, we could
, but then it comes down the winner having more luck then the loser and then it's gone from proving a point, to who was luckier. So tell me, what does being luckier have to do with the original opinion? Nothing!

You keep your opinion and I'll keep mine, in the end I'll remind about how I was right and you can just agree
.:up:

I agree to your stipulation, it's a bet.

Back
Top Bottom