Billy Turner, I Keep Hearing....... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Billy Turner, I Keep Hearing.......

He is a Tackle trying to be made a G.

Same ol story.

Get a real frickin G please!!! They are all over this draft 2-5th round.

He is a bona ride NFL starter. I don't claim to know because I don't watch college ball. But, what's the hype on this guy? Why is everyone so sure he plugs the spot? Any insight into this guy?

They're hopeful he's up to the task, but as he was unable to break into the starting lineup last year when we weren't very good at the guard position, I'm a bit concerned about declaring him a starter.

This guys situation is eerily similar to Dallas Thomas first and second year. We kept hearing good things about Thomas but never saw the field his rookie year despite a dreadful offensive line. Then his 2nd year came and he was expected to start and when he did well....... we saw what happened. Turner we keep hearing this guy will start yet despite all the problems we had at guard this year he never saw the field. So I don't know what to expect and am a little nervous about it.

I wouldn't mind if we drafted 2 Guards this year, hopefully one with experience at Tackle just in case, get this crap fixed once and for all!!

He is a Tackle trying to be made a G.

Same ol story.

Get a real frickin G please!!! They are all over this draft 2-5th round.

Half of the guards playing in the NFL were tackles in college and converted to guard in the pros.

If he's half as good as advertised then we're set at one guard

Ozzy rules!!

They're hopeful he's up to the task, but as he was unable to break into the starting lineup last year when we weren't very good at the guard position, I'm a bit concerned about declaring him a starter.

given our HC's track record of sticking with underperformers way too long , i wouldn't read too much into that

given our HC's track record of sticking with underperformers way too long , i wouldn't read too much into that

James and Landry, from the same draft, both were starters last year. They showed enough to break through; Turner didn't. Philbin may stick with underachievers too long, but that doesn't mean that behind every underachiever there's a quality starter waiting his turn. It bothers me that Turner, for whatever reason, seems to have won the starting job off the field rather than on the field, but we'll see...

This guys situation is eerily similar to Dallas Thomas first and second year. We kept hearing good things about Thomas but never saw the field his rookie year despite a dreadful offensive line. Then his 2nd year came and he was expected to start and when he did well....... we saw what happened. Turner we keep hearing this guy will start yet despite all the problems we had at guard this year he never saw the field. So I don't know what to expect and am a little nervous about it.

Not really! I remember seeing Dallas Thomas get manhandled in his very first pre-season game vs Dallas. I've yet to see Billy Turner get manhandled and he has played some. You have to hope your draft picks can step up and be good players but you have to have a backup plan. Miami needs to sign 2 adequate guards to fair contracts, have them compete and hope Turner wins the competition because he's better than adequate. That would also hopefully prevent the season from being over if one offensive lineman gets hurt (like last year).

You obviously have never seen this guy play, which is fine as he never saw the field last year and is from a small school. I live in the same state he went to school and caught more than a few games on tv (I went to the rival school of NDSU). This guy Has a big mean streak to him and is a mauler. He would get to the 2nd level with ease and would punish the defensive line in the process. He is everything Dallas Thomas is not, which is tough, strong, and a bully on the field. He also played left tackle so has versatility.

The only question I have is how he looks now since I haven't seen him play in a year. I am sure he will be good, just not sure why he never played more in the last 4 games last year. Kid will be a fan favorite in no time

He manhandles everyone, just needs a bit more polish and needs to learn the NFL blitz schemes.

Blitz schemes in today's NFL come up the middle a lot more often, because of the quick passing offenses. So guards guards see a lot of exotic blitzing, which takes them a bit more time to develop.

Turner has very strong hands, looks like a grown man bullying a kid at times.

Going up against N. Suh in practice will be a refiners fire.

Back
Top Bottom