Blackout looming for Jets/Dolphins? | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Blackout looming for Jets/Dolphins?

Though what makes today different than in 2000? Or in 2008? Good teams that still struggled with attendance and flirted with blackouts. It isn't about going to the extremes, it is a legitimate concern since history has already proven that winning is not going to put a butt in every seat. Should be a much bigger concern than in 2000 with the excuses of a poor economy. That is why it is fair to question the expression "if they win, people will come back". They weren't there when they were winning in the past, why would they come now? I do agree that winning will make the stadium fill up more, but it will never being filled to capacity.

your definition of winning and mine are very different.

Hypocrisy at its finest.

Yea the nfl should shoot itself in the foot by killing their biggest sponsers the beer companies by not selling their product. I wonder where that lost revenue will be made up, oh yea the already well overpriced tickets. Screw the fans they dont need their money anyway lol.

UmJom-1.jpg

Should I start moving to L.A so I could be closer to the team lol? Either way I'll be going on sunday and every home game this year. Luckily the economy isn't that bad for me because I planned ahead for my career since freshman and highschool and didn't **** up in choosing my profession. I just hope I get to see us win a superbowl (Currently 25) and hopefully we're still in Miami.

Moving the dolphins to LA will definately make going to a game a better expericence since the stadium will be so empty you can take a couple of seats for yourself. The NFL would like to have a team in LA because of TV but LA has way more population and has a worse history of supporting NFL teams than Miami by far.

If you cant afford to eat at game, you probably cant afford to go to the game. For the average person the prices are way too high and because they nfl has overcharged for years and people paid the prices are where they are. Seriously why would you spend a 100 dollars on a ticket and sit there and be like I cant afford a 10 dollar beer. Hell the 10 dollar beer is a bargain compared to the ticket lol, you paid three times that much just to park.

The point is the game time experience is a package deal and value:fun required is different for everybody.

When I see a game my wife and I fly in from Eastern Canada and stay at South Beach for a week. But I suppose nobody is forcing me to bring my wife, or to stay at a nice hotel so I guess I'm a bad fan for not going alone and spreading the $5k I spend out over multiple games.

Its just complete idiocy.

The point is the game time experience is a package deal and value:fun required is different for everybody.

When I see a game my wife and I fly in from Eastern Canada and stay at South Beach for a week. But I suppose nobody is forcing me to bring my wife, or to stay at a nice hotel so I guess I'm a bad fan for not going alone and spreading the $5k I spend out over multiple games.

Its just complete idiocy.

Sports for the most part are a bad deal for the fan. You basically pay a premium luxury price to basically get a low budget experience. I love the phins and sports but 100 dollars to sit in one of the most uncomfortable seats ever for 3 hours oh yea great deal

It's not up to any of us to put an entertaining product on the field. If they wanna make money, they need to earn it. Nevermind that they haven't fielded a winning team in years, they haven't even fielded an entertaining one. They've been flat out BORING. I'm not gonna spend my time/money being bored for 3 hrs on Sundays.

So you're going to wait UNTIL they're a winning team to start showing up. You can't see how that's ****ed up? It'd be one thing if we're talking about any of the other pro sports b/c there are so many games.

You guys are fueling the fire, While you out of towners continue to stay home and save your money in air conditioned houses and Flat screens with red zone, we local fans are suppose to spend 150$ a week to go see some team that hasnt won a playoff game in nearly 2 decades!!! and you know i find it funny how ya'l say Get your money up!, hey if moneys that good , you all can contribute to helping the blackouts stop but you dont, you only contribute with your mouths lol.

You must have missed my post reviewing my weekend last week in Miami. I arrived Friday night and left Tuesday night. Between my wife and I, our total trip was around $800.

It's $30 for parking now. Prices keep escalating. Parking for the Marlins was $15 at Sun Life. Like you said, it was $25. But it went up for the Dolphins because win or lose, fans will continue to hand over money for bad football. It's not fair to the fans.

I brought up tailgating because that's just me. You're right, it is totally optional. For me I feel like I have to do it because I couldn't tell you the last time I went down to Lauderdale for something other than a sporting event. Tailgating is my chance to see my friends back in Florida and have a good time with them. If we win, GREAT weekend. I'm only doing one Hurricane game in Miami this season and it's because administration is doing nothing to make that program better. I've cut my yearly donation to the University in half. More than half. And the only reason I'm doing even one game in Miami is because Florida State is in town and I'm not ending my Miami v. Florida State streak every though everyone knows the Seminoles will drag our dicks thru glass in October.

$500 is well beyond most people's means. I agree. Ticket prices for a bad football team shouldn't be so expensive. You're wanting to put asses in the seats, start by lowering some prices throughout the stadium. I walk in the team store and prices are inflated. I can get the same shirt for 20% off online. Technology has hurt stadium revenue. I own a 70" TV that I can sit in front of to watch the games. NFL Sunday ticket. Tons of sites (though illegal) to watch games on. Cook my own burgers for a fraction of the cost. No traffic after the game. I get replay when I want. It's very convenient these days to stay at home and watch a game.

I only said $25 b/c that's what I paid last week. I've always parked in the same lot every time I see a game down there. Prices for games aren't horribly expensive, it depends on where you want to sit. I was in Sec 424 last week and those seats were $62 each after taxes. I do agree that the pro shop is completely overpriced. The same can be said at Nationals Park and I'm sure most other shops at stadiums.

I do understand it would be easier at home to watch the games. I feel the same way regarding baseball. It's a hassle to take the local subway to Nats Park during the week with having to get up early the next day. It isn't nearly the same problem on the weekend and again, there are 81 games to go to for baseball.

There have just been several different reasons people don't go to games from what we've learned in this thread. I understand the financial aspect of things, it's the unwillingness to go until they prove they can win that I don't agree with. How are they supposed to win if they aren't supported by all currently?

So you're going to wait UNTIL they're a winning team to start showing up. You can't see how that's ****ed up? It'd be one thing if we're talking about any of the other pro sports b/c there are so many games.

Them taking my money all these years is what's ****ed up.

I don't disagree. This would be my game as well. Problem with game, and NFL games in general, is that fans at NFL games are much more retarded and out of control at a game like this. Jets/Bills...I've always ran into problems at these games. And if I wasn't committed to the Miami v. Georgia Tech game tomorrow (practically a home game for me now and Atlanta has the largest Miami Alum fan base than any other city outside of Miami) maybe I would entertain the Dolphins - Jets. But of all the games I've been to, Dolphins v. Jets are some of the worst. Sometimes Miami v. Florida State when it is in Tallahassee can be brutal...people are just idiots everywhere. And that's another thing turning fans away from the games.

I went to the Jets SNF game a few years back when the Phins lost 31-23. It was a fun crowd even with some fights in the stands and in the parking lot. I can definitely admit a lot of the Jets fans I saw and were around were very mouthy and obnoxious. Certainly not a good environment for kids.

Pretty sure everyone's been waiting for more than a decade now. That's not his fault if he's done getting scammed by his local team. Is Huizengha going to reimburse the fans for enduring the **** that was on the field this whole time?

Yeah you can always hitchhike to the game to save a few extra dollars too...

If somebody includes the cost beer and nachos in their game time experience budget who the **** are you to tell them they don't need this or that to have a good time. No **** nobody is forcing them to buy $8 beer, nobody is forcing them to go see the games either, which is why they aren't going.

Priorities. Learn them.

Back
Top Bottom