Blackout looming for Jets/Dolphins? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Blackout looming for Jets/Dolphins?

lol @ the out of town people who says "if i lived in Miami i'd have season tickets". Right. :lol: Anyone can easily post that, that doesn't mean ****. Empty words just to try to pat yourself on the back.

I see a very serious disconnect with reality here. :chuckle:

They are much better off with you staying at home.

Blaming the owner or the team for the heat would be funny if it wasn't so sad & pathetic.
ironic yes? ross tries to change the early season games to 3pm, and the fans bash him. and there is this guy who complains about the heat and says he doesn't blame fans for avoiding heat. hilarious.

I hope they black it out. And black it out every single time they do not sell out the house. It is time we bring Miami fans back to reality. Don't go, read about it in the paper or listen on radio. The way it should be.

ironic yes? ross tries to change the early season games to 3pm, and the fans bash him. and there is this guy who complains about the heat and says he doesn't blame fans for avoiding heat. hilarious.

I have no problem with Steve Ross trying to make changes to market the team better. In business and marketing, you gotta try new things. Sometimes those new things turn out to be disasters. You fix the mess and try to do better next time. I give him credit for bringing back the old fight song.

That said, I also have no problem with people who no longer attend games because actually going to attend them became more like ritual torture than an experience to look forward to.

lol @ the out of town people who says "if i lived in Miami i'd have season tickets". Right. :lol: Anyone can easily post that, that doesn't mean ****. Empty words just to try to pat yourself on the back.
Easy to call them liars I guess, since they can't prove you wrong, however you can't prove them wrong either. tell you what, if people want to trade places with me, to give me the chance to prove them wrong i'm up for a challenge. want to play city swap?

the momment he stops paying for the games to be broadcast, is the momment he's flipping off the fans who can't be bothered to attend a game. It's the momment he's decided the miami market can't support the team or refuses to, and it'll be the momment he'll look to a different market.

Personally, it's the jets, if you got the money why wouldn't you go? ****ing support the team win or lose *******s.

1. Flipping off the fans? I'm not sure I entirely agree. I'm not sure how much paying for thousands of tickets costs? But I don't think he should be buying them anyway. It's bad business. I don't think it as a matter "flipping" anyone off. It's more like beating a dead horse. If you don't want to come, then fine, so be it. Blackouts are the result. it's just life. And hopefully he does stop buying them. This thread is full of more reasons NOT to go anyway. If the team has amazing win, then those who go get to share in that experience. Making attendance a premium in these performance, and economic circumstances.

If they fielded a quality team year and year out, this wouldn't be an issue.

2. I don't believe Ross will move the team, and I'm not sure the NFL will let him. He is a fan after all. This is merely an assumption on your part and I hope it isn't digested as facts.

I have no problem with Steve Ross trying to make changes to market the team better. In business and marketing, you gotta try new things. Sometimes those new things turn out to be disasters. You fix the mess and try to do better next time. I give him credit for bringing back the old fight song.

That said, I also have no problem with people who no longer attend games because actually going to attend them became more like ritual torture than an experience to look forward to.
I think it's wrong to assume that winning brings fans to the stadium, because it certainly didn't look any fans were at the games at the end of 2008 either. so how many years does this team have to post a winning record before the fans decide to actually support them? At some point fans forgot that attending the games helps your team win. You want to motivate a player to perform, get them pumped up by cheering for them when they are on the field. they can't hear you chant "reggie... reggie... reggie..." from your easy chair.

It doesn't help that that that stadium might as well be on the moon for people that live near the heart of the city. Football games, for those prices, aren't great venues for walk-up crowds.

1. Flipping off the fans? I'm not sure I entirely agree. I'm not sure how much paying for thousands of tickets costs? But I don't think he should be buying them anyway. It's bad business. I don't think it as a matter "flipping" anyone off. It's more like beating a dead horse. If you don't want to come, then fine, so be it. Blackouts are the result. it's just life. And hopefully he does stop buying them. This thread is full of more reasons NOT to go anyway. If the team has amazing win, then those who go get to share in that experience. Making attendance a premium in these performance, and economic circumstances.

If they fielded a quality team year and year out, this wouldn't be an issue.

2. I don't believe Ross will move the team, and I'm not sure the NFL will let him. He is a fan after all. This is merely an assumption on your part and I hope it isn't digested as facts.
money aside, as I just said how many years are we talking? do you think it motivates players to play harder when it feels like thier efforst are unappriciated? say they go a whole season of posting wins and the stadium is still empty even in the playoffs? honestly I think the lack of fan support is more detrimental to bringing in free agents than jeff ireland.

The irony is that no matter what Ross does, everyone is going to bash it. The hatred is ridiculous. He inherited this awful mess. Huizenga the architect of our current debacle gets off Scot free!

It doesn't help that that that stadium might as well be on the moon for people that live near the heart of the city. Football games, for those prices, aren't great venues for walk-up crowds.
so you're saying fans want a new stadium? Ross didn't build Joe Robbie, I guess we need to go back a few years to place blame for that fiasco. but it certainly seems like ross is getting the blame for a ****ty stadium. I guess he needs to build a new stadium. wait... how is he going to get that approved? fan attendence doesn't warrent a new one. and according to many in this thread, the fans are already hurting for money, so building a new stadium might sound like a great idea until it comes time to foot the bill. I guess ross is already so unpopular and doesn't care about the fans that he might as well rip money out of thier pockets.

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

The irony is that no matter what Ross does, everyone is going to bash it. The hatred is ridiculous. He inherited this awful mess. Huizenga the architect of our current debacle gets off Scot free!
amen.

I hope they black it out. And black it out every single time they do not sell out the house. It is time we bring Miami fans back to reality. Don't go, read about it in the paper or listen on radio. The way it should be.

The only reality you're gonna see is that fans are gonna care even less about the team. But hey, why advertise your product when you can keep it your own little secret instead of helping it grow, right?

Miami wont be ****ty becasue of hte market, they are ****ty bcause of the product.

Look at LA, Lakers sell out 99.9% of hte games, Clippers tickets were $40 for FRONT COURT Seats and they didnt' even sell 70% of the tickets.

Now they have Blake, Paul, and others and they are doing well and raised pries because people are going to go watch an actual Product.

Take those 2 plaeyrs out, you are telling me the LA market is what caused teh Clips to suck and die? No, its hte owner that would use the draft to gt 1st pick use him than let him go and not spend money because he is a cheap POS *******.

Same concept here, only difference is our Owner wants to win and spend $ but he has a ****ing screw driver running the team in ****land.

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------

Ben Volin ‏@BenVolinPBP
#Dolphins announce that Sunday's game will be on local TV. No blackout

because Ross bought half the tickets just like last year.

The only reality you're gonna see is that fans are gonna care even less about the team. But hey, why advertise your product when you can keep it your own little secret instead of helping it grow, right?
I'm sure ross is more patient than I am. I question how patient, and I'll say again that I'm not sure winning cures all. Perhaps football, even winning football isnt' that important to the florida fanbase.

Back
Top Bottom