Blaming McDaniel Is Blaming The Victim | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Blaming McDaniel Is Blaming The Victim

Right...in college he was clutch, under Flores he was clutch, under McD that part of his game disappears. He has gaudy numbers on the season, but we know that was padded against scrubs. Funny though, McD calling the games like he is exposes Tua's limitations. Why doesn't he go no-huddle? Can he not get the plays in on-time? Does he not even have a hurry-up package? Is he exposing Tua to get a new QB?

****ing mind boggling.
Because Tua haters can not wait til he plays bad. Why are you calling screens play over again that loses yards? Tua is off because the play calls are crap and he does not feel comfortable with them so he starts throwing inaccurate passes..

Right...in college he was clutch, under Flores he was clutch, under McD that part of his game disappears. He has gaudy numbers on the season, but we know that was padded against scrubs. Funny though, McD calling the games like he is exposes Tua's limitations. Why doesn't he go no-huddle? Can he not get the plays in on-time? Does he not even have a hurry-up package? Is he exposing Tua to get a new QB?

****ing mind boggling.
I’ve said it many times - the people who claim McD is working some magic making Tua look competent are off base. McD does Tua no favors. His play calling is terrible. Tua’s initial reads are never easy throws. We have no short crossers, quick slants, no routes past the LOS for RBs. His slow play calling constantly puts Tua under the gun of the play clock.

All of this is obvious.

At the end of the day we just need a real QB. They are hard to find. Who should we get?

I'm a big Michigan fan (college), but I really don't trust JJ. Would I draft him, yeesh. No clue. It's really nuts how hard it is to judge young talent.

As much as I like McDaniel as a personality, you DO have to put a chunk of blame at his door. Some of his play calling in important fazes in the game is quite frankly mind boggling.

He is victim of Tuas limitations I agree, but there has to another answer to important times in a game than a screen pass behind the line of scrimmage amd watching our receivers and RBs getting pounded with no protection?

McD is a funny and likeable guy, but I don't seen him as a man manager, I think he's too soft with his players. It's great of we are winning, but as soon as things get bad, the players under him just crumble as he shows no leadership when the chips are down.

McD also is terrible with the play clock..ive lost track of the times we snap the ball at :00 ...why are we leaving it this late?

I think you are right

McDaniel play calling sucked?
No he was calling plays because he knew tua couldn’t throw the ball in this weather

He was trying to hide him.

McDaniel play calling showed exactly what he thought of tua in these conditions.

Now regular weather. He is confident in tua.

But he knew tua couldn’t throw the ball in these conditions

Honestly. Mike white gave us a better chance today.

With tua at qb we need home field and can’t play in these conditions.

This was different weather than the game against buffalo last year on Saturday. That was just snow.

This was cold and wind. Ball was slick and hard as rock.

Tia looked like me trying to throw nfl football.

We got a big problem.
What was the reason for the **** play calling at home against buffalo?

Tua is off because the play calls are crap and he does not feel comfortable with them so he starts throwing inaccurate passes..
LOL ... Tua throws inaccurate passes because he cannot play outside of the script. ...

doesn't matter what the play call is, as a Qb you have to execute the play or find a 2nd/3rd receiver ... or run ...

If you watched the Bills/Dolphins game you saw Allen do it ... Mahomes did it last night ... even the rookie Stroud did it ...

Tua looks lost when things break down ... McD's scheme can't include an escape clause... the Qb has to have the instincts and attitude to make a play ... Tua does not have that intangible.

Yes, I have seen the stats .... yes the team won 11 games ... yes pro-bowl blah blah blah .... doesn't mean shat if you can't win under duress. Those accolades only mean something when you back them up with big wins in big games ...

Looks like unless we have home field advantage in the playoffs we will always have the disadvantage of playing in cold conditions. Every other team in the East plays outdoors and up north. Most playoff teams in the AFC will have extremely cold conditions in Dec/Jan. We’ve got to start getting home field advantage

I’ve been on the fence about McDaniel needing to get a playcaller, but tonight left no doubt. The sequence in the first half where on 3rd and 2 he passed, and then went on 4th and passed again did it for me. They were moving the ball on the ground. If you have already made up your mind that that is 2 down territory, then you run on 3rd down. I think it was 10-7 or 13-7 at that point and I felt like that was the game, right there.
It was 3rd and 1 near midfield and he called 2 passing plays. Just terrible

McD and his behind the line screens and tosses that averaged about -50 yds over the season

He is no offensive genius and looks like a hipster geek without a clue on the sidelines

McD and his behind the line screens and tosses that averaged about -50 yds over the season

He is no offensive genius and looks like a hipster geek without a clue on the sidelines
Tua fault Mc Daniel called those plays.

Tua fault Mc Daniel called those plays.
They both caused it...Head Coach is the responsible party in this case. If your QB is not capable you put in someone who is.

It reminds me of the what came 1st story....Chicken or the egg
The world may never know...

Back
Top Bottom