Blaming McDaniel Is Blaming The Victim | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Blaming McDaniel Is Blaming The Victim

For some reason this seems to be an either/or thread... mcdoosh vs tina. I think there is plenty of evidence to show they are both terrible.

Nah. He knew tua couldn’t throw it ten yards downfield so he called all this screen ànd horizontal ****. It was very obvious.

It’s a problem . That falls on tua. McDaniel just fell on the sword for him

We have the right coach. Go into next year with a Kurt Cousins and a healthy group and the sky is the limit
Is this what codependency looks like?

This offense has sucked the entire 2nd half of the season.

We scored on Washington, but everyone did. They were in the tank the entire 2nd half. We smashed the Jets twice, but our defense smothered them in both games. We couldn't score against Tennessee. They gifted us 3 TDs. We couldn't score in the 2nd half vs. Buffalo. We couldn't score tonight. Dallas held us to a bunch of FGs. The Raiders held us in check. We couldn't do anything against Baltimore after the first couple of drives.

Mike McDaniel has zero clue how to adjust. He has no feel for games. His play calling is atrocious. None of this is because of the defense. The defense was the only thing holding this team together in the 2nd half of the season. Half of them got injured in December and they had nothing left.

Tua is trash. McDaniel is a joke.
Unfortunately this is the season in a nutshell. I will add that Chubb taking his helmet off and costing us 4 points in the Titans game leading to that inexplicable loss is the play for me that will define this season and the utter collapse we just got reamed with.

McDaniel turned literal chicken shvt into chicken salad with Tua.

Thats a fact.

Mcdaniel still has a lot to learn but if he had a Josh Allen or a Patrick Mahomes at QB he’d be competing for AFC Championships and Super Bowls.

Theres isnt a coach in the nfl that coulda got more out of Tua than McDaniel. I’d like to see him get his own QB and be given the chance to work with more than chick shvt.
this times a million. i've been saying this all year.. it's hilarious people putting blame on McDaniel. Look what happened when Tua was called upon to throw the ball... statue in the pocket, scared in the pocket, happy feet, int, balls batted down by the wind. Tua cant win big games.

McDaniel is going to spend the offseason coming up with something that will make Tua look great, and that may work for 6 weeks before the league catches on, and then we’ll be back here, again. But at this point, I think we are past that anyway, teams know what he is at this point. The book is out on him, and eventually you can no longer out scheme a player‘s ceiling.

Tua's numbers weren't as good in the years before McD, but he was clutch back then, including against good teams. He had numerous 4th quarter winning drives and comebacks, and was tops in the league in 4th quarter passer rating. I was banking on all of that continuing along with improvement in other areas when McD took over. Instead, his clutch-time game has regressed badly, against good teams.

So earlier this year when everything was wine and roses, when we were shredding turd teams, much of what Tua was doing was looking otherworldly...anticipation, timing, etc. Soon as they get punched in the mouth or face a defense that makes you earn it, it all vanishes.

Its a ****ing gut-punch man...really is. The body of evidence says they can't beat good teams...at home, on the road, in the cold, anywhere. It appears IMO, as it stands, unless this team is 100% healthy or close to it, they have no shot at even winning a playoff game...and that health level is VERY rare in the NFL. Their injuries this year were worse than the norm, but there were some games they were missing far less starters, and flopped...both sides of the ball. I mean, they weren't even close to winning any of those games, against good teams. Clear night and day difference in their performance compared to playing scrubs.

Take Philly...there's word about their coach being on the hot seat, and he took them to the Super Bowl last year. They fired a HC that won a damn Super Bowl not too long after he won the damn thing! They require excellence...we don't...and it starts with the ownership. I can't stand Ross...never could...he does some business-side stuff well, but he's not a championship owner. Earlier in the season I said he bumbled into hiring the right HC...maybe he didn't...maybe its another in a long string of not getting the right guy. His previous HC hires didn't go on to HC again after leaving here (except the Gase NYJ debacle...but its the Jets), and if I had to put money on it, I'd say McD will be an OC somewhere in a few years....maybe for Shanahan after his on-staff OC gets an HC gig. I don't know how much of their failure was McD and/or Tua, but the marriage doesn't look to be on solid footing.

This last month really hit me hard, and I fully realize injuries played a big part, but that can't be the crutch you lean on. They're just not THAT team.

Its very soon after the loss so I know I may see things differently later, but I don't think so...I've been kicking this around for WEEKS, because I knew exactly how this game/season would go heading into that last three game stretch...I just didn't want to admit it. I even said in the thread before the Bills game, "we'll lose to the Bills, get in as a wildcard, catch a Chiefs team that isn't playing their best, and keep it close for a while, then get smoked." It just seemed so obvious...and if its THAT obvious to me, something's big wrong. I shoulda bet...

They fooled me hard this year, I admit it, and I apologize to anybody I went in on defending them...hopefully they don't get me again next year.

He coached for a bunch of teams before he got here and helped a bunch of bad QBs have decent years. Google it it’s been covered many times
Offensive Assistant with the Texans, Commanders, and Falcons. WR coach with the Commanders. WR coach with the Browns. Run game coordinator with the Niners. Then a fake OC.

Trash QBs with the Texans. Trash QBs with the Skins (unless we give him for rookie RGIII….LOL). Trash QBs with the Browns. Does he get credit for Matt Ryan who was good before and after McD was anywhere near him? Does he get credit for one good season from Jimmy G?

This is a myth.

this times a million. i've been saying this all year.. it's hilarious people putting blame on McDaniel. Look what happened when Tua was called upon to throw the ball... statue in the pocket, scared in the pocket, happy feet, int, balls batted down by the wind. Tua cant win big games.
Yep. Tua calls those awesome bubble screens behind the LoS as well. Tua gets the plays in with 10s to go on the clock. Tua challenges the most baffling calls and has been 1/6 in both years here. Could go on and on and on. He's got one more year to right the ship.

Yep. Tua calls those awesome bubble screens behind the LoS as well. Tua gets the plays in with 10s to go on the clock. Tua challenges the most baffling calls and has been 1/6 in both years here. Could go on and on and on. He's got one more year to right the ship.
tuanons just gonna tuanon. y'all will never actually admit how little tua looks out there. he has the worst physical traits in the nfl, cant escape the pocket, zero creativity, happy feet in the pocket when it collapses, looks scared. hes just not cut out to be a starting qb for a franchise looking to win a super bowl.

Back
Top Bottom