Blaming McDaniel Is Blaming The Victim | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Blaming McDaniel Is Blaming The Victim

McDaniel got the job by selling how Tua is the QB he wants.

That’s not a victim, that’s a volunteer.
Whatever it takes to get he HC job. I love that he was willing to take on a challenge developing Tua. He did an exceptional job too.. Ahh thankfully now the forced marriage is over if he wants. I can't imagine Grier or Ross mandating this commitment to Tua for another year regardless if his option was picked up.
We'll see who he chooses now the season is officially over. His career is on the line...would be foolish to stick with Tua

Last edited:
This offense has sucked the entire 2nd half of the season.

We scored on Washington, but everyone did. They were in the tank the entire 2nd half. We smashed the Jets twice, but our defense smothered them in both games. We couldn't score against Tennessee. They gifted us 3 TDs. We couldn't score in the 2nd half vs. Buffalo. We couldn't score tonight. Dallas held us to a bunch of FGs. The Raiders held us in check. We couldn't do anything against Baltimore after the first couple of drives.

Mike McDaniel has zero clue how to adjust. He has no feel for games. His play calling is atrocious. None of this is because of the defense. The defense was the only thing holding this team together in the 2nd half of the season. Half of them got injured in December and they had nothing left.

Tua is trash. McDaniel is a joke.

Tua looked like he looked today. He looked short, fat, odd shaped legs, weak arm, fragile, delicate mentally, low football IQ and slow. Just because McD schemed it up against lower tier teams and Tua padded his stats does not change who or what Tua is. Which is not a franchise QB.
A little harsh but some sobering truths too

wrong...what can Tua not do? What run like Lamar? Brady Marino, Peyton never move they just climb or slide the pocket to throw.
Really?

Tua can not handle pressure
Tua can not extend plays
Tua can not create when things break down
Tua often struggles when his 1st read is unavailable

How can you look at Tua’s body of work over his career and say to yourself, “this is fine, I‘m sure he’ll be even better next year”. This is who he is as a QB.

To be fair to Tua, there wasn't a throw Mahomes made today that Tua couldn't replicate. It helps he had all day to throw.

I'm tired of seeing bubble screens and end arounds.

Stop running on first downs and putting your limited QB in 3rd and longs.

McDaniel has a lot to learn.

So we should just bathe in apathy and say "it is what it is" and ride with Tua? So weak man! We repeat the process with this new HC. Remember he inherited Tua .. time to give him a chance to find his guy.
We have him for another year. If the powers that be are so inclined, draft a QB and stick him behind. He inherited Tua sure, but he's also the one who chose to take on his option.

And none of that explains the ineptitude in playcalling down the stretch.

These play calls were made in good weather, bad weather, warm weather cold weather, take your pick. Weather had nothing to do with his playcalling and everything to do with his misunderstanding of what a defense is approaching him with.
Thank you. Exactly.

McDaniel turned literal chicken shvt into chicken salad with Tua.

Thats a fact.

Mcdaniel still has a lot to learn but if he had a Josh Allen or a Patrick Mahomes at QB he’d be competing for AFC Championships and Super Bowls.

Theres isnt a coach in the nfl that coulda got more out of Tua than McDaniel. I’d like to see him get his own QB and be given the chance to work with more than chick shvt.

I would like to see McD with a better QB. He has improved the stats greatly of every QB he has coached. Would like to see him with his QB it might not work but I def dont see it working with Tua
What QBs has McD been coaching?

So we should just bathe in apathy and say "it is what it is" and ride with Tua? So weak man! We repeat the process with this new HC. Remember he inherited Tua .. time to give him a chance to find his guy.
I agree that he should have a chance to find his guy... please just dont let it be with the dolphins.

Back
Top Bottom