Blaming the head coach!!!!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Blaming the head coach!!!!!!

Eric/Hawaii

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I haven't seen one post concerning Dave's idea to fake a field goal. Miami was only down by 10. I know it was a long one but do-able for Mare.
If he hits it miami is down by 7 with plenty of time left. Get the defense together on the sideline and get them motivated to get a turn over or at least a three and out. Then only down by 7 it's run ricky run - taking the pressure off Lucas.
I think the coaching is as much to blame as anything else.
Just a view from a Bills fan in the middle of the pacific.

I agree to a point... The call was a poor one IMHO, and I thought so the moment I saw it (my buddy I was watching the game with said before the play "wouldn't it be funny if they called a fake" and I told him, "no, that'd be dumb... damnit, No! they {cursing deleted}") so yes... bad call, just as bad as Buffalos decision to Fake that punt (only Lucas fumbled away that opprotunity for Miami... w/in FG range I might add).

A few questionable calls by the coaches through the game, but then again, hindsight is 20/20.

Yeah, true, but we all know Mare's leg as well... he could have made it, I think kicking would have been a much higher percentage play than the fake... and if we were gonna go for, then line up and go for it... I hate fakes, it says that our regular Offensive package can't move the ball and it all just screams "I give up" to me... running a fake when your up to pile it on a team is one thing, but this was still a very winnable game at that point.

I actually liked the call, but thought that we should have run a little wider on the play, since the Bills had it stacked to the middle. Then again, we're all Monday morning qb's.

mare hasnt been the model of consistency lately, i can understand why wanny made the call. "hindsight is 20/20," oh how true that cliche is.

Originally posted by Miamian
I actually liked the call, but thought that we should have run a little wider on the play, since the Bills had it stacked to the middle. Then again, we're all Monday morning qb's.
I agree - I could not believe he did not make it since Ruddy and Nails were way down field - which means they either missed their man or blew him away. Edwards was a bit dinged - so that may have a been a factor. Of course, you could argue - why not just hand it off to Ricky in the base O or try to draw an offsides and pouch kick it, but I agree with Wanne in that Lucas was so bad that a little trickery w/him on the sidelines was needed.

Back
Top Bottom