Blanket Coverage: Sorry Adam Gase, even you can't fix Ryan Tannehill | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Blanket Coverage: Sorry Adam Gase, even you can't fix Ryan Tannehill

I posted the source because he used it first, so I thought it Would be funny.

I don't use football outsiders but if there is one stat I find useful there it's DVOA. These kinds of ranks aren't meant to be perfect, that's impossible, they are meant to give you an idea of where a player ranks among his peers, that's all. If your player is ranked among a group of players that sucks 2 years in a row, you should probably at least begin consider the fact that,your player sucks.

OHHH wait a minute. I'm doing it wrong. Those QBs are all franchise QBs, it's their coaches, WRs, olines, running backs, and they played WR in college too! There's a learning curve! We need to wait 8-9 years and than well know!

And if I had pick who the best QB is out of that garbage pile of QBs, I'd call my GM and ask him to draft a new one.

Right now it kinda sucks being you.

Tannehill has now checked off every box he was criticized for including being able to win with a patchwork OL, being clutch, multiple come from behind wins, winning without a 200 or even 100yd rusher, beating stalwart D's, being an inspirational field leader, being respected by his teammates and so forth and so on.

And this week, Gase, a present frontrunner for HC of the Year has reiterated that he came here largely because of Tannehill. And looking at his other potential options, that includes Eli in NY, a high draft pick in Cleveland and Bradford (at that point) in Philly.

Jimmy Johnson a SB and NCAA Championship coach who's been around Aikman and Marino among others has anointed Tannehill a franchise QB. Steve Beurlein, Chris Simms and SB QB Rich Gannon have predicted he will be successful under Gase's guidance.

We also now know from a former starter that Philbin was responsible for sabotaging Tannehill, scoffing at his requests for extra TE protection. Despite the pounding he took and **** ups by the Colts' present failing OLC, it's also now a testament to RT17's class that he grinned and beared it instead of letting this nonesense leak. Ditto keeping mum when that fugly ho started ripping him.

So bottom-line, is doesn't matter what you think or want. Few here really give a ****; and no one in the organization surely does or will. Like it or lump it, If you continue to root for the Fins instead of going back to the Jets, barring injury, Tannehill will be your QB for the foreseeable future. At this point, all your protests just underscore how little you understand QB'ing and how biased you are in your subjective opinion. So have at it LOLOLOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually I hope the few fence sitters we still have stay on the ****ing fence. I hope they get splinters in their assholes. I hope those assholes get infected. I hope it hurts to take a ****. I hope the only cure is to get off the fence. And I hope they don't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually I hope the few fence sitters we still have stay on the ****ing fence. I hope they get splinters in their assholes. I hope those assholes get infected. I hope it hurts to take a ****. I hope the only cure is to get off the fence. And I hope they don't.

It really bugs me when you mince words. I wish you would just say how you really feel.

So...just to clarify:

In the same post, you're trying to hold him to the standards set by:

1) A Super-Bowl winning QB who had an all-time great defense behind him (Wilson)
2) Quite possibly the greatest QB to ever play the game (Brady)
3) A borderline HOF QB (Rivers) whom he outdueled this year head to head, and
4) Andrew Luck, who can't stay healthy any more because of his garbage O-Line?

...and then state that the bar set for Tannehill here is too low?

Edit: Oh...and we could just as easily say, "If Kenny Stills catches that pass against Seattle, this is a 7-3 team right now."

Don't forget his running game too. Just saying :)

Eh, it all goes back to this: He's going to be the QB at least through 2017.

Just enjoy watching the Dolphins play football. Ryan Tannehill, even if you don't like him, can not be considered to be one of those completely unrosterable garbage quarterbacks who make a team's offense unbearable to watch.

The hatred is unreal.

"10 years left in the tannehill era"

i think that should be someones sig

:up:

Happy Thanksgiving!

Back
Top Bottom