Blow it for Burrow | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Blow it for Burrow

I prefer Burrow but if the Bengals draft Burrow before the Dolphins pick, Tua would certainly be a great consolation prize.

This!

Burrow on the road out played Tua, it’s that simple. Tua made mistakes and Burrow didn’t. If they had played in LSU, this game wouldn’t have even been close.

This!

Burrow on the road out played Tua, it’s that simple. Tua made mistakes and Burrow didn’t. If they had played in LSU, this game wouldn’t have even been close.
He did once last night. Don’t know if it was a INT or Fumble though. It fell right in that defenders arms.

This!

Tua hadn't played for a while & he came back from surgery/injury. He showed heart. Would love either QB

He did once last night. Don’t know if it was a INT or Fumble though. It fell right in that defenders arms.
Well, when they were showing his stats, it was zero picks, so they apparently ruled it a fumble.

I also wouldn't say it was his mistake. The defender came from behind, very quickly, and knocked it out. Tua's fumble was his mistake.

Im good with Burrow or Tua. everyone is talking about how Burrow has one year of production, He also started last season and while he didnt light it up like this year, he was still solid and has only lost 3 games as a starter. One being against Alabama last season. Aaron Rodgers only started 2 seasons at Cal and his first year as the starter he threw only 19TD's and 5 INTS. Burrow first year as a starter 16TDs and 5 INTs. I think that is being over blown, it should be a good thing to see that he is progressing at an unreal rate.

Another knock on Tannehill in a thread that had nothing to do with him. Congrats
Tannehill has played well since being the starter in Tennessee. His last drive against KC today, he was money, and you can tell his teammates are behind him.

The Titans are Tannehill's team now. Mariota is done.

Im good with Burrow or Tua. everyone is talking about how Burrow has one year of production, He also started last season and while he didnt light it up like this year, he was still solid and has only lost 3 games as a starter. One being against Alabama last season. Aaron Rodgers only started 2 seasons at Cal and his first year as the starter he threw only 19TD's and 5 INTS. Burrow first year as a starter 16TDs and 5 INTs. I think that is being over blown, it should be a good thing to see that he is progressing at an unreal rate.

I care more about what a QB has become than what he was before his last year. The experience is helpful though as its been shown QBs with limited starts in college are less likely to excel in the NFL. It shouldn't be surprising that Burrow didn't put up huge numbers, LSU has historically and very much in recent years been a running team that just looks for a game manager QB. It's more surprising to me that now LSU is now an aerial attack team. The passing game was just good enough to cause them to change their philosophy. Alabama also did something similar for Tua, but Alabama has the players at all positions to play whatever style they prefer

Bust for Burrow.
The guy looks solid. And Tua is having injury issues. I like both but feel Burrow is the man for the job.

There is no comparison to Tannehill. In fact Tannehill really wasn’t very good as a college QB and he was drafted more based on expectations of what he might be as an NFL QB than what he did at QB in college. Tannehill lead a Texas A&M team which was suppose to be a top ten team to a very mediocre record in his last season at A&M.

Burrow on the other hand is a legitimate Heisman candidate who has lead his team to wins over 4 top ten team in the last nine games. He reminds me more of a more athletic Tom Brady and I think the Dolphins would be very fortunate to draft him as their future QB. Hopefully after suffering through mediocrity for the last 20 years, the Dolphins will somehow end up with a Burrow or Tua in the 2020 draft.

Actually many kept referring to his Junior run leading up to the draft.

As for Burrow. Your basing your assertions on 7 or 8 games of tape. Is that enough?

He had 7 rushing TD's last year also and 400 rushing yards

Tannehill was 7-6 as a preseason top 10 and burrow is 9-0. Tannehill has always been a loser, there is no comparison.

Actually many leading up to the draft used his Junior year run, not his Senior year as potential.

Liked what I saw from Burrow but him taking several of those sacks was concerning and all too familiar... Pocket presence and an ability to extend plays in the pocket is what I would like more than anything.
Also Burrow better start sliding to protect himself.

Dolphins are playing themselves out of position to draft both Tua and Burrow.

This F'ing organization can't even tank right.

Liked what I saw from Burrow but him taking several of those sacks was concerning and all too familiar... Pocket presence and an ability to extend plays in the pocket is what I would like more than anything.
Also Burrow better start sliding to protect himself.

One thing I see from a lot of top QB prospects is inconsistency dealing with the pass rush. So many of these guys are used to doing things that just don't fly in the NFL. Unless you're Deshaun Watson.

Back
Top Bottom