Blow it for Burrow | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Blow it for Burrow

I’ve been watching this kid closely the last month and was starting to be really excited about the possibility we grab him at 2 or 3.

I rooted for him yesterday and was thrilled with his performance. Then it started to sink in that if we win another game, that likely becomes impossible. If we win 2 more games?

No.3 is the lowest acceptable draft spot for me this year.

If my absolute consolation is CY or a trade down I can live with it.

#iwillsettleforsecondoverall

TBH, I have had that concern, to some extent, for all college QBs not named Peyton.

Yes, thier college careers can be indicative, but do you really ever know for sure. The NFL is far more complex than even the most advanced college programs.

That's why interviews, and psyche profiles carry so much weight with teams that have good scouting teams.

There is a lot more that goes into assessment, than simply watching games, like average fans do.

We're in complete agreement. I'm not a huge fan of my QB running as an added diminsion of their game. You look at a player like Murray, Watson etc and you know they're only one good shot away from being done.
As exciting as they are running with the ball you can't help think of RGIII, Pat White etc. It's only a matter of time before that shot gets you.

Thus, I need to know you can win a game purely based on passing the ball first.

Burrow put his head down quite a bit to gain those extra yards and make those plays for his team.
That's exciting to watch as a fan. But man, You're not going to last long in the NFL doing those things.

I will say I like “Bomb for Burrow” better as a catch-phrase. The supporters could be the “Bomb Squad” and when they descend on a thread it could be known as a raid. Plus the gif’s and pics would automatically have good visuals. Just a thought...

We're in complete agreement. I'm not a huge fan of my QB running as an added diminsion of their game. You look at a player like Murray, Watson etc and you know they're only one good shot away from being done.
As exciting as they are running with the ball you can't help think of RGIII, Pat White etc. It's only a matter of time before that shot gets you.

Thus, I need to know you can win a game purely based on passing the ball first.

Burrow put his head down quite a bit to gain those extra yards and make those plays for his team.
That's exciting to watch as a fan. But man, You're not going to last long in the NFL doing those things.
I believe the quintessential "pocket passer" is the best way for a long, sucessful career as well.

I also believe it is a great asset, when in big, important games (which last night was), having a QB that is a threat to pick up a crucial first down with his legs.

I don't want him doing it as a regular occurance, but in certain circumstances, it breaks the back, and will of an opposing defense.

All of that is obviously theoretical, of course. It's not going to make, or break the deal.

Tua still hurt. I dont want him if he cannot stay healthy
An unhealthy Tua just threw for 400+ yards and scored 40+ points against LSU. You can argue about whether he should or shouldn't be the top pick, but saying you don't want him because he can't stay healthy belittles that he he came back at less than 100% and the reason that Alabama lost wasn't because of their offense.

I would not take Tua or Burrow. They will go high in top two picks. Tua is short. We do not want that. Burrow takes too many sacks, and he's a one-year wonder. There are two many risks, albeit with Tua the risks are much smaller. Let someone else take those risks high. Another overhyped prospect is Herbert who does not score enough.

Value right now is in Anthony Gordon who is the best QB prospect in the class, and also with Jalen Hurts who has put up a better season than Tua or Burrow, has rushed for 900 yards so far. Jalen however has questionable arm talent, but Gordon does not, he has a great arm. That's where the value is. Anthony Gordon for me.

Get Gordon, and get Najee Harris and Chase Young.

An unhealthy Tua just threw for 400+ yards and scored 40+ points against LSU. You can argue about whether he should or shouldn't be the top pick, but saying you don't want him because he can't stay healthy belittles that he he came back at less than 100% and the reason that Alabama lost wasn't because of their offense.
Are you saying durability is not a legitimate concern?

If so, I disagree. It may not, ultimately, be a determining factor, but it is a concern when the future of a francise hangs in the balance.

There are no gaurantees with any of these guys. You do have to weigh all the factors though.

Pat Mahomes and Kliff Kingsbury put up basically identical college stats. You can't go by college performance alone.

Right now people are riding the high of Burrow's performance yesterday. The draft is a hell of a long way away.

Are you saying durability is not a legitimate concern?

If so, I disagree. It may not, ultimately, be a determining factor, but it is a concern when the future of a francise hangs in the balance.

There are no gaurantees with any of these guys. You do have to weigh all the factors though.
That wasn't what I'm saying. What I was saying is that the quote "Tua still hurt. I don't want him if he can't stay healthy" can very easily be spun to say that an unfully-healthy Tua put up 400 yards and 40+ points on LSU. Injury risk is obviously a factor, but him playing yesterday dinged up is more of a positive than him sitting out.

I would not take Tua or Burrow. They will go high in top two picks. Tua is short. We do not want that. Burrow takes too many sacks, and he's a one-year wonder. There are two many risks, albeit with Tua the risks are much smaller. Let someone else take those risks high. Another overhyped prospect is Herbert who does not score enough.

Value right now is in Anthony Gordon who is the best QB prospect in the class, and also with Jalen Hurts who has put up a better season than Tua or Burrow, has rushed for 900 yards so far. Jalen however has questionable arm talent, but Gordon does not, he has a great arm. That's where the value is. Anthony Gordon for me.

Get Gordon, and get Najee Harris and Chase Young.

An original thought, I like it. I don’t totally agree but at least you’re thinking. Can’t wait to see Harris at the combine.

I am still solid in position that Tua is my QB 1. I like the velocity and zip with his throws more than Burrows. He always looks in control.

That being said, after watching that game, I was incredibly impressed with the accuracy Burrows was able to put on some of his throws and his overall composure.

Neither QB had too many negative plays, though Burrows did take some untimely sacks. Both QBs had a few bad picks....Both QBs benefited from some YAC, busted coverage, etc....

Really fun game to watch and two very talented QBs who will be playing Sundays.

Back
Top Bottom