Bobby Wagner or Jordan Hicks for a FA signing? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bobby Wagner or Jordan Hicks for a FA signing?

3 things are certain in this life... Death, Taxes and a thread for every player that gets released in March on FinHeaven.
;)

Seriously though, Wagner is gonna want too much money. He'd be great if we could get him on a good deal but that ain't happening.

Can't wait to read the James Conner thread next lol
Im just trynna do my part. Atleast I'm not misleading about it😉

WOuld be great to have Wagner, but I don't see that fitting in with cap space. Maybe if they went ahead and pulled the trigger and cut guys freeing up another $20 million, but that leaves holes too. Not sure we get a couple Oline, Gesicki, maybe Ogbah and a WR and still afford Wagner too.

They are trying to keep a young roster. Wagner is great but too old now.
We were a young roster during the early stage of the rebuild. We're now in the phase where the expectation is playoffs this year or next. I've give 3 years at $10M AAV to get him in Miami.

Seattle didn't cut him over his play. It's that they're now embarking on a rebuild and a 31-yo LB with a $20M cap figure no longer makes sense.

3 things are certain in this life... Death, Taxes and a thread for every player that gets released in March on FinHeaven.
;)

Seriously though, Wagner is gonna want too much money. He'd be great if we could get him on a good deal but that ain't happening.

Happens with every fan base. The local DC station this morning is talking about them signing Wagner. It happens.

If he's not looking for a big long term deal, I can see him going to a team that can win now ala Cinci, Chargers, Broncos.
Well if you name those teams as win now types, I guess put Dolphins in there also, considering Bengals won one game more then Miami, Chargers won as many as Dolphins, and Broncos won less games.

If then you consider Miami losing their starting QB, with an far inferior QB taking over, Miami very well could have had more wins then all of them.

Elandon Roberts is nothing more than quality depth.

I know this offseason is mostly about the offense, but aside from replacing Ogbah, we really need to find an inside backer.

Edit: mostly about offense, not defense

Last edited:
;)

Better Conner than Smith-Schuster?

Well if you name those teams as win now types, I guess put Dolphins in there also, considering Bengals won one game more then Miami, Chargers won as many as Dolphins, and Broncos won less games.

If then you consider Miami losing their starting QB, with an far inferior QB taking over, Miami very well could have had more wins then all of them.
I would take those 3 rosters over our roster any day. Not ruling out Tua reaching that level, but qb play being the most important factor, those 3 teams are considerably ahead of us in that area.

I would take those 3 rosters over our roster any day. Not ruling out Tua reaching that level, but qb play being the most important factor, those 3 teams are considerably ahead of us in that area.
Not according to success.

Cards just released Jordan Hicks.

29, just below pro bowl player, def gonna be cheaper than Wagner.

I should probably just name this thread FA Linebackers lol

Hicks would be an upgrade over Roberts but he’s not as good as Baker. If the price to sign him is reasonable, he might be an upgrade for the 2022 season but the Dolphins need to draft a pro bowl quality inside LB within the next two years.

Back
Top Bottom