Boise State should be champs | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boise State should be champs

I agree that Boise State should share the NC with Fla. Can anyone here say that Boise State couldn't beat UF?

Before you answer that...

were you also in the bunch that believed that Boise State couldn't beat OK State? If so, you are disqualified from the vote :lol:

Boise is a lot better than people give them credit for; I think they could play with anyone and have a chance to win. But they're from IDAHO, which apparently disqualifies them from any consideration of being good. Even beating Oklahoma wasn't good enough. I'm absolutely sure if they would have beaten ANY team it wouldn't have been good enough.

When I look at Boise St's success these past years, and some of the pro's they've produced, I don't know why this team doesn't get more credit. I agree, they deserve a small part of the Nat'l championship

They don't deserve anything other than beating OK in the Fiesta Bowl. Florida would have probably beat them. Ok was not a super powerhouse this year and did not have a good QB. Beat Oregon State was a great victory, But when you play more than two decent teams let ma know. Schedule a powerhouse early in the year and maybe you get some respect. Florida had the toughest schedule in the country and finished National Champions so yes they deserve the WHOLE CHAMPIONSHIP!

Of course I'm gonna be called biased for this but personally I wasn't surprised at all that they beat OU. OU was nothing to brag about this year. I would have loved to see how well they would have done in a playoff but based purely off of what they did this season I don't believe they deserve a piece of the title. They had the 56th ranked SOS in the nation Do any of you honestly think that any of the other top 5 teams couldn't have gone undefeated with that schedule???

Just my opinion.

:sidelol::sidelol::sidelol:
Play harder teams than Nevada in the regular season and I'll stop laughing.

It's not speculation...Boise could have died on the field Monday night, had they played.

2006: Year of the Gator.

Of course I'm gonna be called biased for this but personally I wasn't surprised at all that they beat OU. OU was nothing to brag about this year. I would have loved to see how well they would have done in a playoff but based purely off of what they did this season I don't believe they deserve a piece of the title. They had the 56th ranked SOS in the nation Do any of you honestly think that any of the other top 5 teams couldn't have gone undefeated with that schedule???

Just my opinion.

Agreed. I wasnt suprised they beat OU, I didnt expect the game to end up as close as it was. Trick plays or not, a win is a win and Boise won.

I agree completely with the SOS. You put USC, OSU, Michigan, Florida, Louisville, LSU, heck maybe even ND with that schedule and they all could easily go undefeated.

Thats not to say that Boise isnt good, but until they schedule tougher opponents, they wont get the recognition they might deserve. Florida beat #1 ranked OSU and another top 4 school in LSU, they are the clear cut champs this year. Even though Boise is undefeated, they didnt have the SOS to pull them up the rankings.

Also, whoever said Boise couldnt keep up with Florida I dont agree with. Its all about matchups. Boise doesnt have to keep up with Florida's speed on offense as long as they can put up 40+ points on the board with their own offense. In college football, anyteam in the top 20 can beat any other team in the top 20 on any given weekend. You cant predict coaching matchups and playcalling and turnovers and missed blocks and kick returns and penalties. You never know until they line up on the field how the game is going to play out.

Agreed. I wasnt suprised they beat OU, I didnt expect the game to end up as close as it was. Trick plays or not, a win is a win and Boise won.

I agree completely with the SOS. You put USC, OSU, Michigan, Florida, Louisville, LSU, heck maybe even ND with that schedule and they all could easily go undefeated.

Thats not to say that Boise isnt good, but until they schedule tougher opponents, they wont get the recognition they might deserve. Florida beat #1 ranked OSU and another top 4 school in LSU, they are the clear cut champs this year. Even though Boise is undefeated, they didnt have the SOS to pull them up the rankings.

Also, whoever said Boise couldnt keep up with Florida I dont agree with. Its all about matchups. Boise doesnt have to keep up with Florida's speed on offense as long as they can put up 40+ points on the board with their own offense. In college football, anyteam in the top 20 can beat any other team in the top 20 on any given weekend. You cant predict coaching matchups and playcalling and turnovers and missed blocks and kick returns and penalties. You never know until they line up on the field how the game is going to play out.

You all keep saying "schedule tougher opponents," but like Rafiki said, it's so difficult for them to schedule tougher teams than what they do. Teams who have legitimate shots at the NC don't want to take on an even tougher schedule and play someone like Boise State, who might actually have a good chance of beating them. Not only would those teams not want to add a team like Boise State to thier schedule because it could be a very tough game, but if they did lose to someone like Boise st. they would get hit even harder in the polls since they are losing to such a small school. I bet Boise schedules the best teams they can get to agree. Louisville had had the same problem of scheduling "big boys" in recent years.

Edit: I thought Boise St. should have been top 3.

Boise State reminds me a lot of Air Force basketball....nobody is willing to come play the Air Force Falcons here in Colorado Springs because they know they will probably get beat. So they end up playing a rather so so schedule....Air Force is now ranked 15th in the nation I believe, and their only loss was by around 10 points to Duke. Some schools have no shot at playing a tougher schedule because the "big boys" are afraid to schedule them.....but I would say Boise State can be ANYONE in the nation in one game.

I think there should be a playoff...

Every other sport decides their champion on the field....accept figure skating and gymnastics.

College football is basically a "judged" sport. You have computers and writers and coaches that don't even reaslly vote, voting on who should play in the damn game.

Decide it on the field.

Boise State reminds me a lot of Air Force basketball....nobody is willing to come play the Air Force Falcons here in Colorado Springs because they know they will probably get beat. So they end up playing a rather so so schedule....Air Force is now ranked 15th in the nation I believe, and their only loss was by around 10 points to Duke. Some schools have no shot at playing a tougher schedule because the "big boys" are afraid to schedule them.....but I would say Boise State can be ANYONE in the nation in one game.
Then make the tournament and play a team with solid low post play and see how you match up.

First of all that idea about boise state is bogus.they had one of the easiest schedules in the league. no way bosie could stand a chance against the gators,ohio state even USC could have beaten them. Boise had a good season but not good enough for national title
:bandwagon

I would say Boise State can be ANYONE in the nation in one game.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously you do have a point, any given sunday....

I do believe that there should be a playoff system though.

Im no athletic director but imho I beleive the true reason that most big schools dont schedule teams like BSU is because the (insert big school name here) wont have anything to play for besides an undefeated record. While a team like BSU will have every bit of emotional advantage, they have to prove to everyone that they are for real so they will play 110% over their head's.

It showed in the Fiesta Bowl, OU took them for granted until the 3rd quarter, and in the 2nd half (besides the hook n latteral) OU dominated.

Now that BSU has beaten a big school like Oklahoma, bigger teams will not be overlooking them in the future, which will make it a lil more difficult for BSU to be as dominant.

Again, before some BSU fan bashes me, im not taking away anything from your win, im just saying what I beleive

First of all that idea about boise state is bogus.they had one of the easiest schedules in the league. no way bosie could stand a chance against the gators,ohio state even USC could have beaten them. Boise had a good season but not good enough for national title
:bandwagon

Everyone could have beaten Boise state. Assumptions are just so convienent in that way, you know.

Back
Top Bottom