Boise State should be champs | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boise State should be champs

Ok, I love the fact that Boise St. beat Oklahoma, but it took trick plays and a miracle to do it. Furthermore, I truly believe that in any one game setting, virtually any team can beat another. Especially if given extra time to gameplan.

However, anyone who think that Boise State could have done what Florida did week in and week out is fooling themselves. I won't accept a "who knows?" defense or "they beat who was in front of them" either. If you want to be taken seriously, it is best to schedule some tougher opponents in your season.

Edit: I am also in favor of a six team playoff system.

The number one and two seeds get a "bye." The #3 ranked team plays #6 and 4 plays five. Make those the Fiesta/Sugar. Whoever wins goes on to face tie first and second ranked team in the Rose/Orange Bowls with the winners then playing in the National Championship game.

That way, the secondary Bowl games mean something and you get a playoff system. Plus, you can rotate the Rose/Sugar/Orange/Fiesta year to year for first and second round games.

It is actually quite simple really.

As for the other bowl games, you can still have them as you currently do, nothing needs to change.

:lol: At this point all we have is speculation. One thing that is absolutely SURE is that Ohio didn't deserve the #1 billing they had.

I think they did . . . they were number 1, undefeated, and played good football all year. Conference champs of one of the best conferences in the country . . . beat TExas, Michigan, Wisconsin? . . . I mean they deserved the ranking . . . but obviously not after tonight . . . hell with the way they lost, I think Boise is gonna end up with a better ranking than them. Ohio State might fall out of the top 5.

UF, Lousiville, USC, Boise, LSU is my top 5 (no order, except for UF)

If you want to be taken seriously, it is best to schedule some tougher opponents in your season.

Is that a joke? Boise State will play whoever invites them. The problem is, most teams don't want the risk of LOSING.

I think this is how it shakes out

1. UF
2. USC
3. Ohio St.
4. Luoisville
5. LSU/Boise St.

Is that a joke? Boise State will play whoever invites them. The problem is, most teams don't want the risk of LOSING.

that trip to georgia went well, didn't it?

that trip to georgia went well, didn't it?

Great example! That Georgia team didn't amount to anything in the 2005 season, did it?!

Oh wait.. They were in a BCS bowl.. nevermind..

I think this is how it shakes out

1. UF
2. USC
3. Ohio St.
4. Luoisville
5. LSU/Boise St.

:lol:

USC #2 lol

Nahh, If I had to rank em . . .

1. UF
2. Louisville (Should have been undefeated, blew the Rutgers game in NJ, don't laugh at Rutgers, Big East 5-0 in bowls . . . actually Florida should be thanking Lousiville, if they pull that game out, they play Ohio State, and probably bury them as well . . . speculation of course)
3. Boise State (Undefeated . . nuff said)
4. LSU (Maybe playing the best football of any team, but 2 losses is 2 losses)
5. Ohio State (Big Fall, when u lose like they did, and didn't play the schedule of a LSU . . u fall below them, even w/ one less loss.)
6. USC (See LSU, except they didn't lose to Auburn and Florida . . . they lost to Oregon STate and UCLA)

I agree that Boise State should share the NC with Fla. Can anyone here say that Boise State couldn't beat UF?

Before you answer that...

were you also in the bunch that believed that Boise State couldn't beat OK State? If su, you are disqualified from the vote :lol:

Back
Top Bottom