Boldin - Quick recap | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boldin - Quick recap

SammySmif

Starter
Reaction score
Anyone remember when Boldin wanted to leave AZ in the off season and some people on here said he was "overrated". LOL. If you want to laugh and learn who's football opinion is educated and who's isn't go look for that thread.

He may get traded to the Giants. Just imagine if that did not work out and the Fins could get him as our #1 WR for next year. After this year's mammoth season do you STILL think he's overrated?

That's what I thought.

Won't happen. The Cards have wised up and no how important it is to have him and Fitz as a lethal combo of WR's. Word has it they will lock him up long term this offseason. The Phins won't throw around the same kind of money for him. We all need to stop dreaming of acquiring him.

Anyone remember when Boldin wanted to leave AZ in the off season and some people on here said he was "overrated". LOL. If you want to laugh and learn who's football opinion is educated and who's isn't go look for that thread.

He may get traded to the Giants. Just imagine if that did not work out and the Fins could get him as our #1 WR for next year. After this year's mammoth season do you STILL think he's overrated?

That's what I thought.

did you have make a new thread just to tell people I told you so? And no the Giants will not get him.

Football isn't as simple as OH Burress gone means they will get boldin. This isn't madden football.

I'll fess up as someone who called him over rated, or i believe "not a top tier WR" is what i said. "He's on that second level of GOOD wideouts, not great". I'll admit i was wrong, but i still don't think trading for him at that point would have been beneficial to the Dolphins considering Arizona highly values him (as they should) and he wants a new contract. If we bring him in i'd rather it be through a release (which i can't see happening).

Won't happen. The Cards have wised up and no how important it is to have him and Fitz as a lethal combo of WR's. Word has it they will lock him up long term this offseason. The Phins won't throw around the same kind of money for him. We all need to stop dreaming of acquiring him.

Yeah. Cardinals would be dumb not to try to work something out with Boldin. Out of all those big name WRs that everyone wanted..boldin would have been the best fit for us..but wont happen so lets move on. We had our chance in the 2001 draft

Yeah. Cardinals would be dumb not to try to work something out with Boldin. Out of all those big name WRs that everyone wanted..boldin would have been the best fit for us..but wont happen so lets move on. We had our chance in the 2001 draft

2003 draft actually

But if we took Boldin we wouldn't have had the legendary Eddie Moore......so it evens out :lol:

I still say he is not worth the picks that it would take to aquire him from the Cardinals. Trading away draft picks is not the anwser.

I'm going the other way on this one....I was in that thread defending how good he is and how people were crazy thinking that Arizona was gonna give him up for peanuts...

but after the past 2 weeks, after he first cost me the division title in my fantasy football league (which comes with $100 and a first round bye in the playoffs) with his dropped touchdown, then throws up a paltry 11 points in the first round of the playoffs.....

after that....he is overrated!!

C'mon Anquan....do the right thing, at least send me the $100 you cost me! :lol:

This is not such a crazy idea, trading for Boldin that is. The Cardinals are all giddy over Steve Breaston. They guy has shown that he is going to be a stud in the NFL. He's faster than both Fitzgerald & Boldin & he's in only his second season.

I could see the Cards willing to talk trade possibilities. Now, how much they will demand for him will obviously determine whether it's feasable or not.

Boldin is only 28 yrs old so he still has a long way to go in the NFL & i've never heard any bad things about him. ie-cancer in the locker room, etc..He's a proven WR who brings his A game every Sunday. In my opinion, he would be a great #1 to put alonside Ginn & the crew.

Boldin is a beast, once of the best WR in football. He has great hands, is fast and has the potential to break any play into a TD. Anyone who wouldnt give up a first rounder for him is a fool. YOu think that we can draft someone better??

As far as the Cardinals signing him to an extension... it will be very difficult to pay him the $ he is looking for. No team would tie up 50% of their salary cap to two WR. Given that Breaston has performed well I think the Cardinals might be willing to trade Q.

Just my two cents.

Boldin is a beast, once of the best WR in football. He has great hands, is fast and has the potential to break any play into a TD. Anyone who wouldnt give up a first rounder for him is a fool. YOu think that we can draft someone better??

As far as the Cardinals signing him to an extension... it will be very difficult to pay him the $ he is looking for. No team would tie up 50% of their salary cap to two WR. Given that Breaston has performed well I think the Cardinals might be willing to trade Q.

Just my two cents.

I agree 100%!!!

Cute kid by the way! :up:

I love the way we are developing players, we have given up too many draft picks to other teams for players that haven't paid off. We have WR's that fit our QB's abilities and I think we should stop looking at other teams rosters for new players.

boldin is a ****ing man
I would hate to get rid of draft picks but lets say we make playoffs and win a game in there then our first pick will suck(not that much still a 1st) but not high enough to pick a sure starter from week one then maybe they want to let Boldin go and get something good out of it then i would give a 1st for him(if there wasnt anyone we rather have in the draft)

Last edited by a moderator:
He'd be high up on my WR wishlist a tad below Andre and Calvin Johnson(s). Like them, he's a smart, quality team guy too ... as far from a diva as you can get.

Given that, I don't think Ireland will pony up the 1st and more that it'll take unlike a Dan Snider who offered more for Ocho Stinko, so I don't see it happening for us.

afdf7t-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom