Bolts may keep Brees,Trade Rivers. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bolts may keep Brees,Trade Rivers.

MIAMI NEEDS TO DRAFT A QB IN THE 1ST ROUND...........The last time we drafted one was years ago and it is time we do it again.

I don't think the Chargers can trade Rivers anyway, I imagine the cap hit would be like $15 mill or more. I don't think they can absorb that.

finregime said:
Feeley is a bum and a bum with an ego is the last thing we need around here.I still want us to draft Rodgers or at least get a QB in the first 3 rounds but at this point we dont know if we auction off ricky and what we get also it is a very real possibility we get rid of surtain for picks so lets wait and see but I dont think feeley is worth a pot to piss in.
Why is AJ a bum? He has only played 12 quarters for Miami and you are already tossing him aside. Brillant thought process.

Is that all you give new players 12 quarters? Also AJ does not have a ego any more than any other QB. I want my QB to have a ego. He needs to be confident in himself.

With your thought process that Farve would have never made it in GB, Aikman would have never made it in Dallas, Elway would have never made it in Denver.

Good thinking.

Dphins4me said:
Why is AJ a bum? He has only played 12 quarters for Miami and you are already tossing him aside. Brillant thought process.

Is that all you give new players 12 quarters? Also AJ does not have a ego any more than any other QB. I want my QB to have a ego. He needs to be confident in himself.

With your thought process that Farve would have never made it in GB, Aikman would have never made it in Dallas, Elway would have never made it in Denver.

Good thinking.

Not to mention Breese never would have made it in SD...

I havent seen much of Feeley in game tapes but I dont think you abandon ship right away with him. YOU HAVE TO ADDRESS THE LINE, see what he can do. If for example you draft Rodgers (sp) or lets say Leinart (USC), you can not put him behind that line. Besides getting demolished, he will not progress. Yes, there have been a few rookie QB's that have come in the league and have done well, but take a look at who's protecting them.

With the speed of the game, new verbage, complex schemes, and with no time to throw...You will have a deer in the headlight QB for the next 2-3 years. I know there are still a lot of questions about Brees and his progression vs. regression but take a look at his numbers. 2 years ago he had a solid line that protected the pass well, he did pretty good. Last year, we had D.Mac, Kelvin Garmon, Corey Raymer, Fonoti was out for the season (future pro bowler), and C.Van Buren...well he stunk it up.

This year, the O-line is SOLID, and thats not coming from a bias fan here. All the reporters, and yes even ESPN, was amazed how Shane Olivea was playing (6th rd. pick), Hardwick (Balls replacement), and Fonoti. Well look at Brees's numbers.

My point being: If you dont fix that line, you can have Marino back there and he would struggle. Also, Jason Taylors numbers are down because he is lacking help on the line with Ogunleye gone. That needs to be addressed as well. The CB's are studs, your WR corp is a huge threat...There are pieces in place here...but w/o that O-line...I wouldnt be surprised if you took Rodgers or Leinart and within 3 games into the season this board would consider him a bust.

And I vote HIGHLY for Ted Cottrell as your coach.

Trading Rivers would kill the Bolts Cap - THEY WILL NOT TRADE RIVERS!

since i was on the PR bandwagon, i wouldnt mind seeing PR here but I know SD wouldnt do a dumb thing like that.

L.T.21 said:
I havent seen much of Feeley in game tapes but I dont think you abandon ship right away with him. YOU HAVE TO ADDRESS THE LINE, see what he can do. If for example you draft Rodgers (sp) or lets say Leinart (USC), you can not put him behind that line. Besides getting demolished, he will not progress. Yes, there have been a few rookie QB's that have come in the league and have done well, but take a look at who's protecting them.

With the speed of the game, new verbage, complex schemes, and with no time to throw...You will have a deer in the headlight QB for the next 2-3 years. I know there are still a lot of questions about Brees and his progression vs. regression but take a look at his numbers. 2 years ago he had a solid line that protected the pass well, he did pretty good. Last year, we had D.Mac, Kelvin Garmon, Corey Raymer, Fonoti was out for the season (future pro bowler), and C.Van Buren...well he stunk it up.

This year, the O-line is SOLID, and thats not coming from a bias fan here. All the reporters, and yes even ESPN, was amazed how Shane Olivea was playing (6th rd. pick), Hardwick (Balls replacement), and Fonoti. Well look at Brees's numbers.

My point being: If you dont fix that line, you can have Marino back there and he would struggle. Also, Jason Taylors numbers are down because he is lacking help on the line with Ogunleye gone. That needs to be addressed as well. The CB's are studs, your WR corp is a huge threat...There are pieces in place here...but w/o that O-line...I wouldnt be surprised if you took Rodgers or Leinart and within 3 games into the season this board would consider him a bust.

And I vote HIGHLY for Ted Cottrell as your coach.

ted cottrell.....really ??? :eek:

BigFinFan said:
Trading Rivers would kill the Bolts Cap - THEY WILL NOT TRADE RIVERS!

hey, we have some guys in this board who suggest, to trade madison too, that cap hit would be less, but not by much

I like Feeley's deep threat. But we have to see what feeley brings. Fiedler us gone at seasons end. feeley determines his own future for the remainder of the season. He responded well after throwing the INT in the Arizona game... showed some composure and led the phins to the then game leading drive and extra point.
Since we agree whether you like him or not.. for the remainder of the season, we are going to evaluate Feeley. He wont be awesome very game. Especially behind the line which we all agree is deplorable. But it will be very interesting to see how he playes after the 4th or 5th week from now. That will tell you how we're searching for a QB in the offseason.

Call me loco but I have this funny feeling that we are going to get Rivers. I have absolutely no basis as to why but just a feeling.

I would MUCH rather have Rivers than Brees, any day of the week...heck, i wanted us to draft rivers this year. Brees is a half year wonder.

Yup.

If there's ANY way to get Phillip Rivers in a Dolphins uniform, do it. The guy is going to be the best QB in the league within two years. Mark my words. I would easily ship our number one to San Diego on draft day and pick up Rivers - he's that good. If AJ Feely ends up being a player, so what. Then we've got two good QB's. That's a great problem to have.

In reality though, I don't see any way the Chargers give up on Rivers though. Much as I wish it would happen.

fish2004 said:
Call me loco but I have this funny feeling that we are going to get Rivers. I have absolutely no basis as to why but just a feeling.

LOCO

Back
Top Bottom