Booker could replace Brown seriously... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Booker could replace Brown seriously...

Let's not forget that Lorenzo failed to produce in college. Some of that was the line of course, but he also takes the blame.

There are plenty of #1 guys out of high school that bust. Brock Berlin was the #1 or #2 QB I believe and the list is so long it's hard to count.

and who has produced offensively for FSU lately?

ronnie brown also failed to produce in college, as well as the NFL

itd be one thing to stand up for brown if he has produced. but he hasnt. 10th in the afc is not good. you can blame it on mularky all you want, but buffalo's run game was much better than ours when he was coaching up there

You've got to be kidding me. :smackhead:

:roflmao:

I don't think that Booker will replace Brown, but he will be a value on 3rd downs, a good reciever as well, with lots of speed.

Ronnie is solid power, he will stay at #1.

Have you been partying with Ricky because you are speaking in tongues and maybe need to lay of the herbal puff puff.:sidelol:

lol at people still attacking ronnie browns "fat" HE HAS NO FAT stop living off the media searching for storys.

Ronnie brown has great production for only seeing the ball a few times a game, a crap O-line, and missing games.

Forget the 2nd overall pick in the draft garbage, and look at it from a production standpoint. Ronnie brown will be in his 3rd Year now for the Miami Dolphins and besides showing some flashes of greatness he has not been up to the #2 pick in the Draft so far...

Maybe that will change last year he had a chance to shine, and he did not in my eyes. Average year for a Starting RB at best.

Booker was brought in because of cams desire for a quicker back. If Ronnie isnt getting the yards and Booker out performs him I honestly think we might see Booker as the featured back, of course not this year but next year unless Ronnie mans up and packs it in this year...

Quick stats for 2006

1008 Yds on 241 carries 4.2yds per carry and 5 touchdowns. 23rd in the league.

10th in the AFC alone..

taht is why they want RB to lose some weight ala RW when he rushed for 1800 cuz he gained taht extra 2nd gear that way. RB needs taht 2nd gear he lacks right now. he has the quick burst but lacks the top end (2nd gear). Booker will be a GREAT compliment to RB.

I doubt very seriously if Lorenzo Booker starts one game unless Ronnie Brown is hurt. However... stranger things have happened. There have been RBs selected in late rounds that didn't burn up field in college that wound up being outstanding pro RBs, so I'm not going to say your theory is impossible... I'm just saying is isn't likely.

Just because it happened in Pittsburgh doesn't mean it'll happen in Miami.

lol at people still attacking ronnie browns "fat" HE HAS NO FAT stop living off the media searching for storys.

Ronnie brown has great production for only seeing the ball a few times a game, a crap O-line, and missing games.

do you konw that RB averages a 20+ yard gain every 40.2 touches and LJ behind that great line averages one every 41.X and I can't rem the other back but that other dude was in the 43's if i rem and all were behind GOOD to GREAT lines. we ahve a **** HOLE as a line and RB is taht productive. the guy gains yards ON HIS OWN. ppl dont understand that cuz they just READ stats n DONO how to evaluate a game. if so, they'd see how he gains it all himself w/out ne help from the line n' when he FINALLY GOT HELP from the line it was aginst CHI and we saw waht he did to taht number 1 Defense at the time with 150plus yards if i recall.

I agree with the thread starter on one thing.
Bottom line is Ronnie is yet to have a season of consistancy at a top level. I dont base everything on stats like some do but, the reality is he shows flashes of being a top tier back and is avg at best alot of times. He will have a couple of plays here and there where you say WOW. He has a run of a month or so of games where he looks great. Right before the injury last year he was running really well. But he has yet to do these things for an entire season. This could very well be the year he does, i dont know. He has still only played two seasons so I cant write him off as not being able to give us what we need. I think after this season we will all have a much better idea as to whether or not this guy is great or average.

As for Booker, lets not get carried away yet. He could be anywhere from a Travis Minor to Warrick Dunn. He was really the only good player on that FSU offense IMO. But Ronnie is the guy right now and should be for a while.

how can you say that?

the best RB will be the starter...whether it be ronnie, booker, or whomever

lets not forget lorenzo's pedigree. number #2 player in the nation out of hs, only reggie bush was better. booker has serious talent and potential. pretty much the same as ronnie.

For myself, I think Ronnie Brown did a fine job, what more could the man do? Bad o line for half the season, no leads so we didn't run the ball very much, and for the folks who think RB underperformed how many carries did we have as a team last year? It seemed to like we were always down and had to pass the ball with "Wrong jersey Harrington".

BTW Charmin Shaw (Karim abdul jabbar) was the highest rated RB in the country going to UCLA, and he was mediocre at best.

I want to see Solai get some carries

and who has produced offensively for FSU lately?

ronnie brown also failed to produce in college, as well as the NFL

itd be one thing to stand up for brown if he has produced. but he hasnt. 10th in the afc is not good. you can blame it on mularky all you want, but buffalo's run game was much better than ours when he was coaching up there

Failed to produce in the NFL? What are u talking about . . . the man has averaged 1000 yards per season and thats w/ one season having a RB who produced 1800 yards 2 seasons earlier as his backup. And lets not even bring up his Line . . . plus u forget to throw his receiving ability in and his ability to help in blocking schemes . . . its more than just stats . . . maybe he hasn't put up the big 1600+ season w/ 20 TD's . . . but a lack of a passing threat and this horrid line has a lot to do w/ that. Do u honestly think Frank Gore would be a beast on this team like he is w/ San Fran . . . I don't.

Back
Top Bottom