Booker could replace Brown seriously... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Booker could replace Brown seriously...

how can you say that?

the best RB will be the starter...whether it be ronnie, booker, or whomever

lets not forget lorenzo's pedigree. number #2 player in the nation out of hs, only reggie bush was better. booker has serious talent and potential. pretty much the same as ronnie.

In theory, u are right . . . the best RB will be the starter. However its pretty naive of you to think that Ronnie . . . who is built to be a starting RB . . . and is a fantasic all around back . . . wouldn't get the starting job over Booker . . . who is much much more suited as a change of pace back that brings speed to this offense. I mean, c'mon . . . Ronnie is our starting RB . . . case closed.

#2 player out of high school . . . that was like 4 or 5 years ago . . . c'mon man . . . yea his line at FSU sucked and their QB's' were blahh . . . but he wasn't that impressive in college . . . but I think he could be a nice player for us.

Forget the 2nd overall pick in the draft garbage, and look at it from a production standpoint. Ronnie brown will be in his 3rd Year now for the Miami Dolphins and besides showing some flashes of greatness he has not been up to the #2 pick in the Draft so far...

Maybe that will change last year he had a chance to shine, and he did not in my eyes. Average year for a Starting RB at best.

Booker was brought in because of cams desire for a quicker back. If Ronnie isnt getting the yards and Booker out performs him I honestly think we might see Booker as the featured back, of course not this year but next year unless Ronnie mans up and packs it in this year...

Quick stats for 2006

1008 Yds on 241 carries 4.2yds per carry and 5 touchdowns. 23rd in the league.

10th in the AFC alone..

As it stands now i doubt he will be the best Booker on the team let alone best running back

yall are on some crack...ronnie is our rb now, and in the future, it aint his fault our offensive line needs to be playin high school ball, one hell of an accomplishment gaining 1000+ yards, while missing 4 games, and a decent 4.2 per carry. in his 3rd year, he will explode and have a monster season, as long as the year old question about the o-line is solved

This entire offensive will benefit from better coaching and a superior system. If RB has a fully healthy season you'll be happier with his play, his production and what he brings to the table. Cam is on his butt to lose weight and he will be coached not to dance around but to hit the hole and hit it fast. I believe that we won't see the 8 or 9 defenders in the box against our much quicker strike offense featuring much more speed and that will also help RB. Trent Green can't get here fast enough to make me happy. I have no faith left in Daunte. Start Trent, groom Beck. We will have a much improved offense simply because of Cam and the fact that he's a brilliant offensive mind. Mularkey out of the equation is a massive plus! We've gotten rid of some dead weight so I think we'll see much better offense.

This is funny. Our first Ronnie/Lorenzo Booker thread. We only had one or two Ricky/Ronnie threads every other day the past couple of years. :D

Ronnie missed 3 1/2 games and he still got 1,000 yards. There's not a thing Ronnie could have done about a broken hand. Clinton Portis broke his hand and missed most of the season. Ronnie's finger got caught in the Lion's guys facemask. He was on track for about 1,300+ yards before that.

He got 150+ yards against the best defense in the NFL last year (the Bears). Our offensive line wasn't too good most of the year. Our OC only gave Ronnie about 16 carries a game when guys like Larry Johnson got 25-30 per game. We got down 2 touchdowns a bunch of times last year and we abandoned the run. We had bigtime QB problems like sacks and receivers dropping balls. We had 3 right guards have injuries. We had to switch Olinemen around because of the injuries, etc.

We had a bunch of things come up that made last year's offense sputter a lot. I think Ronnie did pretty well all things considered. It takes the whole offense with multiple weapons working to get one PART of the offense to perform particularly well ... such as running the ball. You have to keep the defense guessing and have a fairly balanced attack. By the way, Ronnie got 4.4 ypc his rookie year. That's pretty good for a rookie. Look up stats on ESPN of other rookie like LaDainian or Tiki Barber. Ronnie did better than they did as a rookie in ypc. Notice the number of carries Ronnie had.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=2553

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=8417

That's the main thing you notice about Ronnie so far in his career. The OCs we've had simply haven't given him the ball enough! Give him the ball like Larry Johnson, a decent Oline and get a little luck with the injury bug and Ronnie will put up the big yards and maybe go to the Pro Bowl a few years. With all the problems with last year's offense, I think Ronnie's 4.2 ypc and 1,008 yards was pretty respectable. With Cam calling the plays, look for Ronnie's stats to go waaay up. I think 4.8+ ypc and 1,500+ yards is a good possibility. Maybe 400+ more receiving too.

All this said, I think Lorenzo Booker should do pretty well. You don't get to be the starting tailback for Florida State if you're not good. We'll have to wait and see. He'll get a whole lot more opportunities this year with Ricky gone. I hope he's ready for the spotlight this year. He better work hard getting ready for the season. The fans and coaches will have high expectations. He better make sure he stays healthy too! Keep that 200 lb. body in one piece. We need him bad. We don't have a 3rd string guy that I even know anything about at this point. :D

booker is a 3rd down back...

he will show flashes of speed that brown can not..

but he is too small to be an every down back...

RB will not be replaced by Booker. It's obvios that Cam drafted Booker because he already knew about RW's failed test. If Booker does surpass RB in a couple of years then fine. But noone gave up on a guy like Brett Farve after 2 years.

He did miss 3+ games and ran behind an offensive line that was pretty bad the first half of the year.

Let's give him a full season behind a decent line before we rush to judgment.
That's grabage. LT and Larry Johnsons don't need good ofensive lines. Neither did Terrell Davis or Emmit Smith.

Brown and Booker split downs before the end of the season. 2 fresh backs? No, that's way too logical.

do you konw that RB averages a 20+ yard gain every 40.2 touches and LJ behind that great line averages one every 41.X and I can't rem the other back but that other dude was in the 43's if i rem and all were behind GOOD to GREAT lines. we ahve a **** HOLE as a line and RB is taht productive. the guy gains yards ON HIS OWN. ppl dont understand that cuz they just READ stats n DONO how to evaluate a game. if so, they'd see how he gains it all himself w/out ne help from the line n' when he FINALLY GOT HELP from the line it was aginst CHI and we saw waht he did to taht number 1 Defense at the time with 150plus yards if i recall.
Exactly.

all the offensive lines you mentioned are really good..

kc... dallas... denver... chargers-[good coaching]

but they do... or did, Ronnie is fine.
I was being sarcastic. I love RB. I was so happy we chose him and I think he has been one of the more succesful players in the top 5 to 10 players taken in that draft. Alex Smith wasn't in Hawai last year. Our team has never utilized Ronnie enough. It's like he even had 30 carries in that Chicago game last year. RB is the type of back that can tote the ball 30 times per game. We must give him the ball and utilize Booker off the bench.

I was being sarcastic. I love RB. I was so happy we chose him and I think he has been one of the more succesful players in the top 5 to 10 players taken in that draft. Alex Smith wasn't in Hawai last year. Our team has never utilized Ronnie enough. It's like he even had 30 carries in that Chicago game last year. RB is the type of back that can tote the ball 30 times per game. We must give him the ball and utilize Booker off the bench.

sorry bro, the Alka Seltzer cold plus is kicking in..

Back
Top Bottom