Boomer - Cutler a Stretch @ 15? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boomer - Cutler a Stretch @ 15?

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Just a feeling, but after workouts and the Combine, If he comes out, Omar Jacobs jumps over Cutler.

PS

I'm not saying he will be better.

I don't know. He needs to have a HELL of a workout for something like that to happen. He has the NFL arm, accuracy, size, and athleticism, but he had an injury plauged year and besides the Wisconsin game he did not look at all like the Omar who threw 41-4 last year.

I guess the fact that he still had damn good numbers despite of all that is a testiment to his skills, but I really don't see him making that big of a jump if he comes out this year.

I'd say right now he is a solid 3rd rounder, based on physical skill and past acomplishments. I've seen every start he has made also, so I have a much better opinion of what he can and can't do than any other draft prospect.

No hes not a stretch, Vince is staying trust me, Matt will be gone Jacobs late first early second, MARK THIS WRITE IT DOWN, OMAR JACOBS WILL NOT BE A FIN

Who are you? First you make an unsubstantiated claim about Young, then say Jacobs has no chance of being a dolphins while drastically over rating his current draft stock? You don't know a thing my man.

Bellson said:
interesting... but yet another cutler post. I'm still a little hesistant on this guy. Been getting the same sort of hype A. Smith got last year, man did I know he was going to be a bust. I know Alex Smith was only a rookie this year but he'll be the next Ryan Leaf.

Gee...who died and made you an expert? A. Smith is playing on a BAD football team. It was a hugh mistake trading Rattay to the Bucs and putting that boy in the fire that soon. Some QB's need more of a learning curve than others. I think the jury is still out on Smith and maybe out for a couple more seasons. For all the Leafs out there...there are the C. Palmers, Marino's, and Mannings. Just because a QB is stated to be a first rounder, it doesn't mean he will be a BUST. Have some b@lls man!

Cutler will not be a late 1st. He will go mid 1st or drop to the 2nd.

Here is the current draft order.

1 Houston
2 San Francisco
3 New York Jets
4 New Orleans
5 Green Bay
6 Arizona
7 Buffalo
8 Tennessee
9 Detroit
10 Oakland
11 St. Louis
12 Cleveland
13 Baltimore
14 Philadelphia
15 Miami
16 Minnesota
17 Atlanta
18 Kansas City
19 Dallas
20 Denver (f/WAS)
21 Tampa Bay
22 New England
23 Pittsburgh
24 San Diego
25 Carolina
26 Chicago
27 Jacksonville
28 New York Giants
29 Cincinnati
30 Denver
31 Seattle
32 Indianapolis

One thing no one seems to be looking at is team needs.

There are NO teams after Dallas at 19 that would even remotely consider a QB. Granted someone could trade up like Washington did last year.

In fact, since everyone knows how likely it is that Parcells uses his 1st round pick on a rookie QB (NOT very likely), there doesn't seem to be much there after we pick to catch Cutler.

In front of us, with Boller playing better now and Baltimore potentially sticking with him one more season, there doesn't appear to be anyone after the top 10 who will bite. In fact I bolded the teams that need a QB bad enough to use an early pick on one and you notice besides us they are all in the top 10.

So if my analysis is right, there's a chance Miami could trade down quite a bit toward the end of the 1st and still get Cutler if that's who we are interested in.

Winbaby#23 said:
Boomer where do you see Omar Jacobs going??

Well, if Adrian McPherson can go where he did, then I suppose you have to say Jacobs, in what will probably be a mediocre year for passers, may well come off in the mid to late 2 area.

But I don't know. There's a lot to like about his game, but there's a hell of a lot to fix as well.

Becks7 said:
Speaking of Coyle what do you think of Brody Croyle Boom?

I like him. He's a hard working passer, is mobile, can get the ball down the field. The knees are an issue, but I think in the right system, then he start in this league.

DolfanChris06 said:
BOOMER nice to see you i envy YOU Brother hows the mate?

Nice to see you too mate.

Don't envy me.

How's the mate? I don't get this bit

Omar jacobs doesnt fit our style of offense. I live in Texas and am a Texas fan and have heard in the Papers and from the man himself say hes not coming out as of right now. Who are you? U live in Cleveland i live in Texas i bleed AQUA AND ORANGE as you do cant we all just get along? lol

Boomer-

What do you think about the fact that the only teams other than Miami that need a QB badly enough to invest a high draft pick this year are in the top 10. That's assuming Baltimore decides to go with Boller for another season rather than spend the next 3 years developing another QB?

How does that play into the expected draft position of the QB's like Cutler?

Boomer...

Boomer, there are A LOT of people posting that think "QB in the 1st round...No way...he might be the next R. Leaf, draft LB or OT instead!". They fail to see however that there is risk in ALL picks. That OT might be the next Tony Manderich and that LB might be the next Brian Bosworth. Please help shed some light on this situation to all these "NO QB IN ROUND ONE" finfans. :shakeno:

Bellson said:
interesting... but yet another cutler post. I'm still a little hesistant on this guy. Been getting the same sort of hype A. Smith got last year, man did I know he was going to be a bust. I know Alex Smith was only a rookie this year but he'll be the next Ryan Leaf.

Leaf failed b/c of his lack of maturity. That's one of Smith's strengths. This is one of the most misinformed posts I've ever seen.

your kid, sorry was a little confusing, u are an expert, u are a Brilliant mind and are better than Mel Kip in my opinion,

DolfanChris06 said:
Omar jacobs doesnt fit our style of offense. I live in Texas and am a Texas fan and have heard in the Papers and from the man himself say hes not coming out as of right now. Who are you? U live in Cleveland i live in Texas i bleed AQUA AND ORANGE as you do cant we all just get along? lol

Okay...you said trust me Vince Young is not coming out and you say that because you read it in the papers? You know nothing more than anyone else at this point and speculation is that he is going to come out. If you turn out to be right its nothing more than a luckey guess, nothing more.

Jacobs dosn't fit our system? Thats why he couldn't possible get drafted by us. I guess a strong armed accurate QB's with size and athletisicm wouldn't help us much. Sorry.

And for your third error, I don't live in Cleveland. Thanks

Winbaby#23 said:
I asked Boomer this same question about a week ago and he said Cutler will go mid- late first round. So no, Cutler is not a reach at #15.

I think it is really do early to be so definitive. I hope he is at #15, but if he wows the scouts at the combine, it is likely he will be gone by pick #10.

Back
Top Bottom