Boomer, | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boomer,

KB21 said:
I think there is a difference between possibly handcuffing the team now and pissing the future away by making the wrong decision at the quarterback position.

The quarterback position is the one position where, if you make a bad decision on who plays there, it doesn't matter who you have around him. See Jay Fiedler. Dave Wannstedt's critical mistake was hitching his career to Jay Fiedler. I'd hate to see Nick Saban make the same mistake with AJ Feeley.

I don't see Saban sticking with any player like Wannstedt did wether he's a kicker or quarterback. I would like to see Saban pick up a QB in this years draft I just don't know if it should be with the #2 pick.

Boomer said:
Yeah but that's the price you pay. You can't know the future. I don't believe that you can handcuff the team with 2 players that essentially used up the 2nd and 34th picks in the 2005 draft. We can't afford that.

Boomer,

I hate this argument. Screw what Wanny and Spielman did with this year's pick last year. As I have pointed out previously, you can argue that by accepting Marty Booker and the 3rd for Ogun (we wanted a 1 and 3) we essentially "drafted" Booker with a 1st this year in the same way we "drafted" Feeley with this year's 2nd. Same with Gordon and our 3rd. So the question then is if you can't go QB 1st and 2nd rounds, can you go WR 1st and 1st? How 'bout RB 1st and 3rd?

If you use that logic, we're going to end up with LB, DB, or maybe a DL guy at #2.

Boomer,

I hate this argument. Screw what Wanny and Spielman did with this year's pick last year. As I have pointed out previously, you can argue that by accepting Marty Booker and the 3rd for Ogun (we wanted a 1 and 3) we essentially "drafted" Booker with a 1st this year in the same way we "drafted" Feeley with this year's 2nd. Same with Gordon and our 3rd. So the question then is if you can't go QB 1st and 2nd rounds, can you go WR 1st and 1st? How 'bout RB 1st and 3rd?

If you use that logic, we're going to end up with LB, DB, or maybe a DL guy at #2.

Excellent point, IMO.

Hey KB and Boomer....

We'll be advertising VERY heavily on 790 The Ticket on Saturday, Draft Day. I was curious if you guys could, perhaps, pump out a new article concerning the draft so we can have something. Please let me know. I really appreciate all you guys do for the site, it's much appreciated!

FinHeavenAJ said:
Hey KB and Boomer....

We'll be advertising VERY heavily on 790 The Ticket on Saturday, Draft Day. I was curious if you guys could, perhaps, pump out a new article concerning the draft so we can have something. Please let me know. I really appreciate all you guys do for the site, it's much appreciated!

Sure. I will try to work something up in the next couple of days.

fin-atic said:
First of all great disicussion. Its nice to see this in here instead of out where the idiots can run rampant with it.

My $.02 worth:

I think we need a back, unless RW is returning which I highly doubt.

I think it will be Brown or Benson, unless we trade out which is a 50/50 prospect.

Brown, good athlete and fast. Good hands. Not the shifty type, and will need the holes to get the yards, but if he has a seam he can run.

Benson. Benson is simply a feature back. He wants the rock, he carries it a lot. Very quick feet and can create yardage and find cut back lanes and get to them, and he is powerful. Although hands are not as good as Browns, he still is rated as a"good" pass catcher.

So where I land on it is this:

We need a back to take pressure of of the QB position until AJ proves he can learn the new system. We really important in a new offense. We also need a back who can help us manage games by protecting the lead later in the game. So if I have to choose between a good runner, with great hands or a great runner with good hands, I take the runner. I pick Benson.

As far as the character stuff goes, it is a bucnh of hogwash. The rap on Marino was that he liked to burn a litte grass, he turned out okay. He has nothing really serious hanging on him. As far as idolizing RW, didn't we all until he burnt us?

Benson is a man, and he is his own man. To think he wants to be a head case on purpose because of RW is just wrong.

Finally, I think we are really going to be in good shape whomever we land. Benson, Brown, Edwards it doesn't matter because it will be better than what we have. I am going to trust Saban and the brain trust until they give me reason not to trust them.

I am very anxiously waiting for the draft.

The goldroom is great is'nt it? lol.
Great points and not to nit pick but in regards to Marino, I think it was
cocane not grass.

Den54 said:
The goldroom is great is'nt it? lol.
Great points and not to nit pick but in regards to Marino, I think it was
cocane not grass.

I thought it was pain killers, which is why some dubbed him PercoDan when he was coming out.

KB21 said:
I thought it was pain killers, which is why some dubbed him PercoDan when he was coming out.

:roflmao: I knew Dan and I had something other then our love for the Dolphins in common. :lol:

FinHeavenAJ said:
Hey KB and Boomer....

What are you after?

Back
Top Bottom