Boston not automatic starter | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boston not automatic starter

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Wannstedt did say Boston needs to play well during the off-season to earn his starting spot. Chris Chambers is locked in, but Boston will feel competition from Derrius Thompson, J.R. Tolver, Sam Simmons, Marvin "Snoop" Minnis and Kendall Newson.

"David needs to come out here and go through these camps and prove that he can be a consistent player for us," Wannstedt said. "There's a lot of competition. Derrius, J.R. Tolver and Newson, these guys aren't backing away, and there's nothing locked in right now. It's competition, and we're going to leave it that way."
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/content/auto/epaper/editions/wednesday/sports_048954b18554626b00fa.html

This is what Wanny is saying. How can he actually think that a talent like Boston could potentially be beaten out by Thompson, Tolver, Simmons, Minnis or Newson?

You can't count those other options out, The way Tolver has been playing is amazing. Let's not forget these starting positions should be picked on "Current Skills" and not Recognizion or the past.

I think its more of Wanny just trying to keep the fire under Bostons butt. Just trying to keep him motivated.

It's not that he actually thinks that those guys can beat out Boston. What Wanny keeps saying...and staying true to....is that newcomers must win starting jobs. That starting jobs aren't just going to be handed to them.

This is a good thing. Competition is a good thing.

Nublar7 said:
You don't like Boston? I believe this guy is the real deal and will help our passing game reach new heights.
Well clearly he'll help us since we need a #2 WR. But don't kid yourself, that's all he is, a roided up #2.

Bl¡tz Inc said:
Well clearly he'll help us since we need a #2 WR. But don't kid yourself, that's all he is, a roided up #2.

Roid away Boston! (just dont get caught)

Yeah Roid away Boston. You're gonna need that bulk on special teams while Tolver leads us to the dance :lol:

Reactions: P4E
He means it in a figuratively speaking in a way that he must earn his teamates and a spot. Chambers has been here for a while. We know boston is better than all of them and we know Boston is probably more talented than Chambers. He can make plays after the catch.

Bl¡tz Inc said:
Yeah Roid away Boston. You're gonna need that bulk on special teams while Tolver leads us to the dance :lol:

Man this is just going to annoy the living heck out of me. You're a smart guy. Now we just can't slam your comments, because you are now a Dolphins fan.

I got to hand it to you, you're not a stupid guy!

And I think because Boston fell a few times while running routes and took his time to return to the huddle combined with him missing a full day of mini-camp Wanny is keeping the pressure on David. It's a smart thing to do with a guy like this. I'm sure Sullivan is giving Wanny all the info he needs to keep David focused.

Oliver...

Back
Top Bottom