Boston not automatic starter | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boston not automatic starter

JR Tolver, and yes I have seen him play a few times, is not even close to Dave Boston.

He doesn't have the speed or the hands to be a #2 WR yet. That said, I think he's our best bet at #3.

If yuo really think Boston is a roided up #2, you've never seen him play. He's one of the top 3 WR's in the league talentwise (yes I said it.) With Plummer and Brees as his QB's, he's had standout seasons. People point at last year, but he was double covered AND didn't do much worse than Chambers. When he was in Arizona a few years back he was a freakin beast, and his own play wasn't much worse last year: his problem was the offense and that he had gotten too big.

At 230ish lbs, Boston can be the best #2 in the league, and we could have by far the best recieving corps since Bruce (in his prime) and Holt

I think the coach will say that about anyone new to the team as they have to prove themselves or at least thats what wanny likes to say.

Thundercracker said:
:lol: Boston not automatic starter........yeah right.

I had a good chuckle at Dave's words too. :lol:

Sure Boston might not start...........If he's injured!

I love the stans Wanny is taking! The report says that he is sluggish and slow! He shouldn't just show up and think he doesn't have to work to get the spot! If he really wants to get back to the Pro Bowl form he needs to be pushed! This will show what kind of guy he really is! He is either going to sulk and go through the motions, which isn't going to help us at all! Or he is going to rise to the challenge and really be the WR that we need him to be! He's no good to us if he isn't back to his 2001 form!!! For once I agree with what Wanny is doing! This could work out great for us!!!

Boston will be our #2.

By saying this Dave is able to create more competition and hopefully get more play out of our #3 receiver. Thompson, Minnis, Tolver, Newson, Simmons and Wilkins should be working their butt off if they have a chance to start... which they don't.

he's just saying that to get Boston to work hard

Now do you see why crack is so bad! If you know Wanny reach out to him and tell he to STAY OF THE CRACK!

Boston not a lock #2??????????

But the last 50 years Jay has been the man!!!.lol

Wanny & Jay what a combo>>>>>>

LADIfreakinDA said:
I think its more of Wanny just trying to keep the fire under Bostons butt. Just trying to keep him motivated.

I agree, It would be insane not to have him starting. Maybe Wanny feels he didnt give 100% in mini camp. (I do not know, I wasnt there).

Total BS if Wanny doesn't start Boston, starts Fiedler than we will no doubt have another coach next season!

It seems nobody mentioned this from the same article:

Boston out: Receiver David Boston missed practice with a bruised shin. Wannstedt wasn't sure when Boston got hurt and doesn't know when he will return

I'd think that this is something we need to keep an eye on. He had the same nagging injuries last year that he babysitted....now they are cropping up again. :shakeno:

Muck said:
It's not that he actually thinks that those guys can beat out Boston. What Wanny keeps saying...and staying true to....is that newcomers must win starting jobs. That starting jobs aren't just going to be handed to them.

This is a good thing. Competition is a good thing.

Its funny though, I see him say this about WR, O-line and actually about every position. Yet what does he think he is doing by putting St. Clair on RT, Giving him the edge and not making him win the edge on the starting job. Same with Jeno, its just words. He knows boston will start and if he doesnt then he will be pretty much crucified.

Boston will start unless he is injured. Wannstedt is just trying to look like a hard *** and make everyone "earn" their job. I would be shocked if Boston isn't starting opening day.

juniorseau55 said:
He means it in a figuratively speaking in a way that he must earn his teamates and a spot. Chambers has been here for a while. We know boston is better than all of them and we know Boston is probably more talented than Chambers. He can make plays after the catch.

Naw I doubt he's where chambers is, Chambers plays his heart out no matter WHAT, it can be training camp, during the season or even in street ball lol.

Wannastedt is stupid we all know that already.... hes trying to pump him up maybe, i hope how can someone like him not start its just lame...

Back
Top Bottom