Bowden out at Clemson | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bowden out at Clemson

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Tommy Bowden decided he'd done all he could do for Clemson football, telling his athletic director Monday he'd step aside for the future of the program.

AD Terry Don Phillips said his intent Monday morning was to have a candid, heart-to-heart with Bowden about the football team. So Phillips was surprised when Bowden offered to walk away in midseason.

There wasn't a gun to his head," Phillips said.

"He put it on the table for the sake of the program," Phillips said. "I agreed."

Bowden will be paid through the end of the season, then get $3.5 million as a buyout negotiated in the contract extension both sides agreed to last December.

Bowden sat next to Phillips in McFadden Auditorium, where he's held meetings and press conferences the past 10 seasons. He thanked the school, administrators and his latest group of players.

"I wish them nothing but success and I will be their biggest fan on Saturday" against Georgia Tech, Bowden said.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/8671930/Bowden-out-at-Clemson-after-3-3-start?MSNHPHMA

in other words, they told him since they couldn't win the ACC he was gone after the season and he decided to walk away.

Lane Kiffen is a guy they should definatly look at, but the perfect guy for the job is a former member of the Miami Dolphin coaching staff, and is currently the DC at Texas

in other words, they told him since they couldn't win the ACC he was gone after the season and he decided to walk away.

Lane Kiffen is a guy they should definatly look at, but the perfect guy for the job is a former member of the Miami Dolphin coaching staff, and is currently the DC at Texas

Muschamp is a Saban disciple and will probaly get a
shot at the Auburn job.
Tubbs is probaly gone.
It will be down to Muschamp or Butch Davis.

So Davis is going to take a pay cut on top of the $1.5 mil he has to pay the school to void his contract so he go to a program that is worse off than where he is now. And how does this make sense to you?

So Davis is going to take a pay cut on top of the $1.5 mil he has to pay the school to void his contract so he go to a program that is worse off than where he is now. And how does this make sense to you?

Auburn will offer 3 mill+ to try to keep up with Saban
at Bama.
I hope Butch stays at NC.

Auburn will offer 3 mill+ to try to keep up with Saban
at Bama.
I hope Butch stays at NC.

Even at 3 mil it doesn't make financial sense for Davis to walk after this year. The only thing that could draw Butch away is the NFL, and I don't see anyone clamoring after him until the stench of his last foray wears off.

Even at 3 mil it doesn't make financial sense for Davis to walk after this year. The only thing that could draw Butch away is the NFL, and I don't see anyone clamoring after him until the stench of his last foray wears off.

At NC, football will ALWAYS be the number two sport
in a conf. that football is number two anyways.
Butch knew he made a mistake not waiting for the
Bama job.
He won't try the NFL,he is like Saban,recruiting is
a passion for him.He will do back flips to get in the
SEC....bet he would even take less money.

So why don't you give me that long list of coaches who've taken less money to coach elsewhere. In fact forget the list....I'll settle with two.

So why don't you give me that long list of coaches who've taken less money to coach elsewhere. In fact forget the list....I'll settle with two.

Hey dude...
Not trying to talk smack...but if Davis is still in NC
past next year,I'll never post on FinHeaven again.

Saban left Miami making 5 mill a year to go for
4 mill a year.

Pete Carroll has turn down alot more money in the NFL
to coach for less at USC.

2......and 2 of the best......

Not football,but Coach K at Duke once turned both the Celtics
and Lakers down paying alot more money.

...and Billy Donavan at Fl. just a year or so ago with the Magic.

Back
Top Bottom